Power Trip Wrestling - "Against The World"

powertripwrestling

• Paid Members

This guy seriously needs to get over himself, because he has never accomplished anything in the wrestling business other than looking like a total tool.

What on Earth are you talking about??He's on dozens of Professional Wrestling Show posters and he owns a fricking wrestling company!!!He's a "Wrestling Star". Have you never been on his website??? Peter Whatever-his-name-is is a Big F'N Deal yeah, and don't any of us forget it.
Agreed - I hereby retract my unfounded ridiculous statement about the Internet Icon. :blush:

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed - I hereby retract my unfounded ridiculous statement about the Internet Icon. :blush:

Thankyou for responding to my criticism in a well mannered, calm, reasoned fashion.The issue between us has been solved quickly and without either of us looking like fools and/or resorting to silly rants.(not so hard is it. :p :p :p )

• Paid Members

In closing, I'd encourage anyone to come out to our shows and give us a chance. Just because a few people clearly have an axe to grind with me, it doesn't mean the PTW wrestlers shouldn't be given a look at...... PTW is not as bad as has been claimed on here by those with their own agenda.

Since I've already made it clear that I have no alterior motive, hidden agenda or "axe to grind", I'm still failing to see why you were treating a bad review as something personal against you and your organisation. As I said at the very start, I tried to go into my first PTW experience with no preconceptions and opinions about what I was about to see.How am I biased against PTW? In the past 15 years or so I've seen shows from FWA, XWA, FSW, GPW, IPW:UK, RQW, GWF, NEW, WZW, 3CW, LDN, UFO, SAS, GBW, 1PW, All Star, TWA, Midland, Premier and probably more as well. If you go back and look, you'll see that I've torn shreds out of nearly every single one of them on this forum in the past when they've put out a product that I've deemed substandard. Does it make me feel clever, "smart" or like some kind of Tommy Ten Men to do so? Of course not, I'm just passing on my opinions to other fans who have similar interests, in the same way that everybody does on a messageboard. That is why, on the other hand, I've always made sure that I've given praise in exactly the same manner when a show has produced something truly good. Go back and look - the evidence is there.It sounds like you already were aware of some of the shortcomings of your promotion, and have already taken steps in moving in a direction away from some of the very things that I picked out for criticism. I applaud an ability to acknowledge weak links and desire to make things better, I really do. For example, I used to absolutely hate the 1PW product and the way they went about presenting their wrestling shows, so much so that I stopped going to their shows for two years. A few weeks ago, I gave them another chance after hearing about how much they had changed and their different approach and, you know what? I was impressed with most of what I saw. 1PW sat back and looked at where they had gone wrong, and decided to do something about it.However, the truth is simple: I've seen four of your shows now (admittedly on DVD, not live), and hardly saw a single redeeming quality within them. Sounds harsh, but that's the truth. Surely you can't knock me for telling it as I see it?
Dude, you totally don't need to keep explaining yourself to this douche. He's the only one who doesn't get it. You're talking to a particularly thick wall.While I'm on topic, I remember last year when I slagged off Peter on the UKFF for making himself the focal point of his shows, and he e-mailed the TWC Press Office to complain, lol. Needless to say the e-mail was passed all around the office, and we all laughed at his little egotistical rant. This guy seriously needs to get over himself, because he has never accomplished anything in the wrestling business other than looking like a total tool.
Couldnt get a better description there.

*EDIT*Well, I made an effort to be okay with you all, and no-one can say I didn't; I did try and speak and clear things up a little. I did try to be polite enough, in the end. And Herbie, all I ever did was ask you what your problem was with me, considering you don't know me one bit, and thank god I don't and won't ever know you. You're in no position to criticise anybody as far as I see it, considering that I've seen a hilarious MySpace photograph of some dribbling smart mark gimp of the highest degree with one promotion's tshirt on and another promotion's replica title belt over his shoulder! Professional. REAL professional. It frightened me that you're in power over anything more than your own right hand.So my final question is when are you all going to shut up? If you hate me that much, why are you all still talking? I thought you all had a life, and such amazing things to do?

Edited by powertripwrestling

But until the day you have the balls to say a word to my face about me, you know, like REAL people do; you'll forever mean less than nothing to me.

Like you're doing right now, you mean?

hopefully the next time this website goes down due to technical errors, it'll stay down; and the only sound heard will be a bunch of moronic smart marks crying because their little bitch-fest forum has gone and their life isn't worth living without it.

You selfish cunt. Just because you have a gripe with people on here, you want to ruin everyone's fun.Judging from other people's opnions, that sounds a lot like PTW.By the way, how arrogant is it to make the name of your promotion sound like "Petey" Wrestling?

• Paid Members

"A lot of people will tell you we're better now"The people you put on your shows that can't get work elsewhere because they are untrained do not count. Before Aphrodite or Hailz jumps in on that to defend their beloved ptw, that means you too.

Firstly, I am not untrained, I was trained by Jake Roberts and Phil Powers, and still train with Jem Brown, and secondly, I work for several other promotions.
"Trained by" as in "Paid

The following text is taken directly from Peter Staniforths profile on the web site, lol.

It surely says it all.

Peter has seemingly shrugged off a lot of his past in other promotions, where he had no interest in the fans or what they wanted. Peter now takes great pleasure in what he feels is his destiny; running Power Trip Wrestling and making it a success.

Edited by rustymusic

to mention my name as a wrestler at PTW in the manner you did is also inaccurate, because I have not wrestled at PTW.

Arent you a member of the roster? http://www.powertripwrestling.co.uk/aph.html
I thought she'd be fitter than that :angry: I think everyone needs to stop the personal digs at Staniforth as well, it's a little bit flaming-like
Only when you stop having a dig at a girl because she isnt fit enough !

I think everyone needs to stop the personal digs at Staniforth as well, it's a little bit flaming-like

You know what, Stewdogg? Maybe you're the only one in this so far, who actually 'gets it'. But it's blatant, and deliberate flaming.

I feel that most people on here are not interested in Power Trip Wrestling doing well, and eventually coming together in a positive way; they just want to take shots at me. It's not 'business', it's clearly very personal; and I'm just guilty of being hotheaded and easily p*ssed off and volatile enough to react in what I'll accept isn't the most professional manner. I'm not exactly known for keeping quiet, or being tactful, if I'm not happy in life. In any other business, it might be classed as being honest. But in this business, if you have the audacity to say how you feel and be straightforward; god help you.

I'd have had a lot more interest and care of what was said on here, if it was said with the right reasoning behind it. So much of what is in this thread has not been said like that. But it reminds me of a ghost from my past, one Steven Gauntley. Steven's always been criticised on a way too personal level, more than he has business too; in my view, with things brought up that are beyond poor taste and blatantly unnecessary. And this is why, whilst I'm surprisingly willing to accept there ARE good people and decent people who post on here; I'll just generalise and tar with the same brush, purely because it's quicker to do so. And this is why I've made the comments I've made that could be classed as not entirely suitable.

The whole 'PTW' thing has got blown totally out of proportion. Power Trip Wrestling as a name, just basically came about by accident. When it was pointed out to me that it made 'Petey-W', I found it funny, and thought if anything it poked fun at myself somewhat; which to me was a positive. I've always had a penchant for self degrading humour on our shows, which is evidenced in last October's show, and from March this year; with the incidents with myself, the Clown and the pies. I'm not afraid to poke fun at myself, because I actually have no ego (and many close to me will tell you this) and just like to live up to the reputation of having one because it amuses me. Anyone who knows me, instead of assuming and believing comments made by people who have never even met me most of the time; knows this for fact.

To me, it's summed up by the fact that I swallowed my pride somewhat a few messages back, and explained myself a bit more; and the first post made was sarcastic. One thing I do know, is that right or wrong, and whatever goes on, all of you who have to sink to the level of personal abuse that you are; are still posting and talking about me on here. You're still talking about me, and I'm finding it actually quite funny in that respect, that I clearly mean that much to you :laugh:

Give me a few months, and I'll have Power Trip Wrestling turned around. But I won't be doing it to stick my middle finger up at people on here, I'll be doing it for the RIGHT reasons, and that is for everyone who works for PTW, and for all of those who have stood by me and believed we're doing something positive and stand with me in the belief of our potential. Power Trip Wrestling will never fit in on here, and be considered decent, no matter what I and we do; and with that I sign off, because I no longer care. At one point on here, not that long ago, I wouldn't have minded being in a more neutral standpoint on here; but I now feel that all that matters are the people I work with, the people who believe in Power Trip Wrestling and genuinely want it's success, and the people who come out to the shows.