Power Trip Wrestling - "Against The World"

powertripwrestling

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha! I'm continuously trying to encourage someone to name their finish the IPS Driver - it KILLS EVERYONE DEAD. For a week.

Genius. I vote the Smarks in SWA use this move.

streamingfreedom, I guess you know me personally due to calling me Hailz, just wanted to let you know I have happily bee out of PTW for 8 months, and will never jump to defend them, I am happily working in other places now. Hope all is well with everyone, aint been on here in ages, just got the link posted to me lolxx

• Paid Members

Wow.What an utterly spectacular meltdown.It's not as if I cme out and said "Hahaha, PTW is shit", I said "PTW is shit... because of [this, that and the other], which makes it not enjoyable for me as a fan because of [this that and the other]".Instead of leaping to PTW's defence with a counter argument to each of my points, he went straight into "Fuck the internet, fuck the UKFF" and, more hilariously, "what right does anybody have to judge, what qualifies you to give an opinion etc", which is so spectacularly lame and short-sighted that even he had to go back and edit it out.I've never recorded an album, or even a single. Does that mean I don't have any right to have any say on what music I do and don't like to listen to? I've never acted, directed or produced a movie. Does that mean I'm not allowed to voice an opinion on the films I see?What tosh. A consumer has a right to say if he has enjoyed something or not.As a wrestling fan, I find it unbelievably stupid that people can think that I have no right to share opinions on what I have seen, what I have enjoyed/not enjoyed, and why I enjoyed/didn't enjoy it... with other fans... on a fan forum.Again, hilarious.

you're a evil man hat guy a very evil man no wonder your a boro fan...so is this gonna change the way PTW runs? Is he going to come back on here and apologise and try and read what hat guy says? or is he gonna keep his head in the sand?

Edited by hitman89762000

so is this gonna change the way PTW runs? Is he going to co0me back on here and apologise and try and read what hat guy says? or is he gonna keep his head in the sand?

That's exactly what he's gonna do.The one thing he won't do is the middle option.

so is this gonna change the way PTW runs? Is he going to co0me back on here and apologise and try and read what hat guy says? or is he gonna keep his head in the sand?

That's exactly what he's gonna do.The one thing he won't do is the middle option.
Well that's a shame cos Hat Guy's comments give the guy a valuable insight in the way he's been running his promotion from including himself in EVERY angle/match to the way his dvd's are shoddily produced to ignore the comments would be a mistake but then again the unprofesional lot do choose to take that course of action.Instead of going into meltdown and reacting in a gauntley esque rant maybe he should have reacted the way len or edler or whoever would have reacted and taken the views on board it's his loss though because when people talk about the good and great in british wrestling very few will talk about PTW.

Okay....

All day long, I've had people telling me to read all the replies on here, and I wasn't going to; because I wanted to distance myself from all of this and to walk away for good. I still will be, after this post. But some things do need to be clarified.

Last night, a promoter on AOL, and a different one on MSN; contacted me when all this blew up; and told me to walk away as soon as possible and let it calm down. I appreciate them sincerely, professionally, and personally; and they know who they are. And they're people you respect, on here.

I won't name names, but I am always taking advice, thoughts, feedback and such; from people in the UK Wrestling scene. And they're people that you respect as well, I can personally guarantee that. Those people know who they are, I won't name their names because I'm sure they wouldn't want to be associated with all this; and they're not in it to look good - they just want to see PTW and myself succeed and be a positive for the wrestling business, and for the business to tick over healthily.

On first take, I felt UKHatGuy had nothing positive to ofer me advice wise, and nothing bar a bad tone of voice from moment one. There was no constructive criticism, in my eyes, just criticism. I felt it was the ramblings of someone who just wanted to impress his collection of friends on here with his array of cheap digs at PTW. I don't feel that much different now, but if he and others are that insistent that it was somehow meant positively; then I'll be willing to buy into it and accept that on face value he potentially meant well.

My sin on this forum, and I know it's worthy of ridicule in some eyes; is that I'm not here to make friends. I have plenty of those in the business, people who care about PTW, myself, and know just how much determination and desire I have for all of this. I won't deny I often post on here tongue in cheek, and in kayfabe somewhat; and that's just my sense of humour I suppose. That, I hold my hands up to.

One thing I truly can't understand, and this is aimed at those who have been to the shows and not been particularly entertained (something I CAN understand in 2007, as there were many times that I myself even, as my own worst critic, wasnt happy), and that is why people who have been out live to a show feel they can't come up to me and speak to me about it. I am a perfectly sociable, personable, easy to speak to and find person at the PTW shows; and it baffles me as to why someone such as the Streaming Freedom message poster couldn't have come up to me and spoken to me about it face to face; as I would be and always am happy to talk 'shop', and would have happily taken most points that were offered (assuming in a relatively positive manner) on board.

Another aspect to be addressed is that I accept that some of the talent I have booked over the months hasn't always exactly been the best. But I ask you, how are people meant to get opportunity and the ability to move to the next level potentially; if they are not given the chance to? My analogy is as follows : How long can you play reserve or 'b' team football for, before it stunts your talent growth? You might not be ready for the first team, but how will it ever be known if it will be an option one day, if you're not given the chance? I have always looked to bring in at least one higher level/quality worker per show, at the least, to counteract the guys that aren't as good and to give them the chance to speak with them backstage.

In relation to show quality, I accept the concept that if you see a film you dont like, you don't contact the director of it; but if you go for a meal and aren't impressed, you are liable to speak to management or the chef. So I stay bemused at why people haven't just come to me directly, to give their views. My email addresses are hardly hidden on the internet, and anyone with any issue or thoughts are MORE than welcome to contact me with their views at info@powertripwrestling.co.uk.

This post is certainly not a exercise in damage limitation, as I still stand my beliefs and will not sell them short that I believe this forum is far too negative, far too bitchy, and is slowly self destructing the UK's wrestling scene. I appreciate the view that bad shows are just as much of a problem, but people on here really seem to think that their sh*t doesn't stink.

I know so many wrestlers and others, who feel the exact same way as I do, but won't risk their reputation and possible bookings even by saying how they feel. The difference between me and them, is simple, and that is I am far more outspoken. I feel you can criticise me on a professional level all that you want to and I am fine with that, but I am not afraid to speak my beliefs, with my name attached to them; and to stand by them. I also feel that this is more than many of you on here will do.

In closing, I'd encourage anyone to come out to our shows and give us a chance. Just because a few people clearly have an axe to grind with me, it doesn't mean the PTW wrestlers shouldn't be given a look at. I am actively improving, and changing the entire face of PTW; as many roster members will tell you. Things are going to be scaled down to a more 'traditional' approach in the future, and this was decided in late February; and is nothing to do with this situation on here. I'm guilty of trying to book too many people, and trying to give work and opportunity to those who sometimes, I accept, may not deserve it. So feel free to criticise me for attempting to be a good person, in a business that is built on being two faced, smarmy, and pretentious.

I actually thank you for your time reading this, and I'd like to hope it would calm down the vultures, but knowing my luck; due to this being emotionless black and white text on a monitor screen - something is bound to be taken the wrong way and in the wrong context.

But to prove that I have no bad feelings on the way out of the UKFF door, I am more than willing to knock a couple of pounds off of a relevant ticket price to anyone who contacts me at info@powertripwrestling.co.uk and wishes to come out to one of our shows - purely to encourage you to come out and see that PTW is not as bad as has been claimed on here by those with their own agenda. Once again, I thank you for your time, and hope this is read in the genuine and honest way that I have written it.

Thanks,

Peter.

One thing I truly can't understand, and this is aimed at those who have been to the shows and not been particularly entertained (something I CAN understand in 2007, as there were many times that I myself even, as my own worst critic, wasnt happy), and that is why people who have been out live to a show feel they can't come up to me and speak to me about it. I am a perfectly sociable, personable, easy to speak to and find person at the PTW shows; and it baffles me as to why someone such as the Streaming Freedom message poster couldn't have come up to me and spoken to me about it face to face; as I would be and always am happy to talk 'shop', and would have happily taken most points that were offered (assuming in a relatively positive manner) on board.

Would it be worth it though ? After all, we're not qualified.

OK thats a fair post you've written there a lot better than the whole ''go fuck yourself'' posts you did earlier...Is this place negative? Yes yes it is but with good reason to be.How exactly can we feel positive about the scene when the sterling work done by the few is outweighed by the walking disasters of the many in the scene?For every positive ie:a) LDN getting almost 700 on their show last weekb: IPW / WAW getting their overseas dealc: GPW celebrating 5 years d: xwa booking superb shows again this year: pbw drawing extremely well and countless other things that should be applauded like All Star getting a 1000 people to shows or mark sloan bringing over NOAH and alex shane getting tna over etc etc etcTheres still the problems of people that dont have any sense whatsoever setting up companies and people attending 1 seminar on wrestling and suddenly theyre wrestlers or promoters putting themselves over and booking their friends on shows with no insurance and then closing after running for a few months cos theyre bored of it leaving that area without a wrestling company and doing more damage to the scene.Think about it like this lets say you decide to buy a football club ...your manager and pl;ayers are appalling the public want them out your certs to be relegated and if they continue to be used there pretty soon no one comes to the matches right?so you get rid of the shit and invest in guys who know what theyre doing...thats what you should be doing here looking at your roster and booking skills and saying ''you know what this isn't acceptable'' then you take the steps to fix the problems you (since this is a wrestling company) hire a booker who knows what theyre doing you hire talent thats been professionaly trained you then book logical storylines that can be executed logically and competently.you pay your talent and insure the showsYou keep yourself backstage and off your posters your not the focus of the show nor are your relatives.you get better dvd distribution better packaging you hire a proper ring and a proper venuebut you see your not going to do any of that are you? your not going to try and be a ASSET to the scene your going to continue to be a detriment to it just like the others I've already named who are in it for their own egos not because they want to make the scene stronger.And that to me is a shame cos the brit scene deserves to be strong and vibrant and healthy it deserves more than to be something thats just for ~TEH BOYZ~ it deserves to be more than just a ''hey if i set up a wrestling company you can work for me without being trained'' environment.Sure it's just me saying it and I know it's never EVER going to happen I hope it will I really really do I hope len davies , ricky knight sanjay bagga greg lambert dan edler richard noble the futureshock management , pbw's ross,the 3CW owner etc etc etc can take the scene and kick the shit out of it but everywhere I look in the scene no one actually cares hell theyll read this post there'll be the ''yes the scene has a problem an we're going to deal with it''remarks as per usual with no actions forthcoming.Then in a few months there'll be another company another thread and we'll say all this again and again and again....but hey as long as YOUR promotion is ok then why care about the scene eh???And its a fucking shame cos theres some great talent and some great feds in the uk scene and the problems can be solved if everyone would stand shoulder to shoulder and deal with it you lot are the promoters and wrestlers your the ones with the power to change it so why aren't you changing it???sorry ive gone off topic btw...

• Paid Members

In closing, I'd encourage anyone to come out to our shows and give us a chance. Just because a few people clearly have an axe to grind with me, it doesn't mean the PTW wrestlers shouldn't be given a look at...... PTW is not as bad as has been claimed on here by those with their own agenda.

Since I've already made it clear that I have no alterior motive, hidden agenda or "axe to grind", I'm still failing to see why you were treating a bad review as something personal against you and your organisation. As I said at the very start, I tried to go into my first PTW experience with no preconceptions and opinions about what I was about to see.How am I biased against PTW? In the past 15 years or so I've seen shows from FWA, XWA, FSW, GPW, IPW:UK, RQW, GWF, NEW, WZW, 3CW, LDN, UFO, SAS, GBW, 1PW, All Star, TWA, Midland, Premier and probably more as well. If you go back and look, you'll see that I've torn shreds out of nearly every single one of them on this forum in the past when they've put out a product that I've deemed substandard. Does it make me feel clever, "smart" or like some kind of Tommy Ten Men to do so? Of course not, I'm just passing on my opinions to other fans who have similar interests, in the same way that everybody does on a messageboard. That is why, on the other hand, I've always made sure that I've given praise in exactly the same manner when a show has produced something truly good. Go back and look - the evidence is there.It sounds like you already were aware of some of the shortcomings of your promotion, and have already taken steps in moving in a direction away from some of the very things that I picked out for criticism. I applaud an ability to acknowledge weak links and desire to make things better, I really do. For example, I used to absolutely hate the 1PW product and the way they went about presenting their wrestling shows, so much so that I stopped going to their shows for two years. A few weeks ago, I gave them another chance after hearing about how much they had changed and their different approach and, you know what? I was impressed with most of what I saw. 1PW sat back and looked at where they had gone wrong, and decided to do something about it.However, the truth is simple: I've seen four of your shows now (admittedly on DVD, not live), and hardly saw a single redeeming quality within them. Sounds harsh, but that's the truth. Surely you can't knock me for telling it as I see it? Edited by UK Hat Guy

"A lot of people will tell you we're better now"The people you put on your shows that can't get work elsewhere because they are untrained do not count. Before Aphrodite or Hailz jumps in on that to defend their beloved ptw, that means you too.

Firstly, I am not untrained, I was trained by Jake Roberts and Phil Powers, and still train with Jem Brown, and secondly, I work for several other promotions.
"Trained by" as in "Paid

• Paid Members

In closing, I'd encourage anyone to come out to our shows and give us a chance. Just because a few people clearly have an axe to grind with me, it doesn't mean the PTW wrestlers shouldn't be given a look at...... PTW is not as bad as has been claimed on here by those with their own agenda.

Since I've already made it clear that I have no alterior motive, hidden agenda or "axe to grind", I'm still failing to see why you were treating a bad review as something personal against you and your organisation. As I said at the very start, I tried to go into my first PTW experience with no preconceptions and opinions about what I was about to see.How am I biased against PTW? In the past 15 years or so I've seen shows from FWA, XWA, FSW, GPW, IPW:UK, RQW, GWF, NEW, WZW, 3CW, LDN, UFO, SAS, GBW, 1PW, All Star, TWA, Midland, Premier and probably more as well. If you go back and look, you'll see that I've torn shreds out of nearly every single one of them on this forum in the past when they've put out a product that I've deemed substandard. Does it make me feel clever, "smart" or like some kind of Tommy Ten Men to do so? Of course not, I'm just passing on my opinions to other fans who have similar interests, in the same way that everybody does on a messageboard. That is why, on the other hand, I've always made sure that I've given praise in exactly the same manner when a show has produced something truly good. Go back and look - the evidence is there.It sounds like you already were aware of some of the shortcomings of your promotion, and have already taken steps in moving in a direction away from some of the very things that I picked out for criticism. I applaud an ability to acknowledge weak links and desire to make things better, I really do. For example, I used to absolutely hate the 1PW product and the way they went about presenting their wrestling shows, so much so that I stopped going to their shows for two years. A few weeks ago, I gave them another chance after hearing about how much they had changed and their different approach and, you know what? I was impressed with most of what I saw. 1PW sat back and looked at where they had gone wrong, and decided to do something about it.However, the truth is simple: I've seen four of your shows now (admittedly on DVD, not live), and hardly saw a single redeeming quality within them. Sounds harsh, but that's the truth. Surely you can't knock me for telling it as I see it?
Dude, you totally don't need to keep explaining yourself to this douche. He's the only one who doesn't get it. You're talking to a particularly thick wall.While I'm on topic, I remember last year when I slagged off Peter on the UKFF for making himself the focal point of his shows, and he e-mailed the TWC Press Office to complain, lol. Needless to say the e-mail was passed all around the office, and we all laughed at his little egotistical rant. This guy seriously needs to get over himself, because he has never accomplished anything in the wrestling business other than looking like a total tool.

This guy seriously needs to get over himself, because he has never accomplished anything in the wrestling business other than looking like a total tool.

What on Earth are you talking about??He's on dozens of Professional Wrestling Show posters and he owns a fricking wrestling company!!!He's a "Wrestling Star". Have you never been on his website??? Peter Whatever-his-name-is is a Big F'N Deal yeah, and don't any of us forget it.I hear he can't walk through Luton without being mobbed by fans and admirers.(Can I wrestle on one of your shows please Pete? I'm ... er.... really good. Yeah. My mate said so, and my Mum.)