Power Trip Wrestling - "Against The World"

powertripwrestling

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was nothing to do with the haters on here either.

Oh please! How come it seems these days that any time anyone who's not a worker or not involved in the running of a promotion expresses a staunchly negative opinion they become a "hater"? Maybe they just have NOTHING GOOD TO SAY about a promotion, and MAYBE that promotion deserves that criticism! If you disagree then state a reason why and if you are a worker then prepare to be JUDGED on that opinion, but do NOT demean people by grouping them as "haters" or some other such nonsensical label. It's not like they're an organised group out to sabotage anyone's hard work, it just happens that a number of people have a negative outlook on something or someone!Here's the facts: the fact that you're involved in the business does not automatically make your opinion any "more" valid. Some of the people who post on here and are "just" fans have watched more live wrestling shows than I would ever care to - the likes of UK Hat Guy included. Ultimately, no promotion lives or dies on one review, and some of the best in the UK pay little to no attention to forums such as this. This, however, is a fan forum, and if you're going to read it and post on it, leave people to their opinions. They are not "haters" for disliking something, even if that means they feel what one promotion does is actively bad for the scene. Consider that maybe it's true, and maybe there's a great deal of it around, and then consider why that might be and what could be done to improve.Nobody here is on a personal quest to spoil anyone's fun or ruin anyone's little hobby promotion, and maybe people should consider that before posting. It's nothing personal to the original poster here, it's a turn of phrase that crops up a great deal and it's immensely frustrating.

It wasn't PTW's fault, nor Marriot's School. Its a temporary setback and Petey fully intends to reschedule very soon. It was nothing to do with the hatters on here either.

LUTONLUTONLUTONLUTONLUTONLuton_fc_logo.png

It was nothing to do with the haters on here either.

Nobody here is on a personal quest to spoil anyone's fun or ruin anyone's little hobby promotion, and maybe people should consider that before posting. It's nothing personal to the original poster here, it's a turn of phrase that crops up a great deal and it's immensely frustrating.
That's all I see here...If you don't like a promotion, leave it.if you "hate" or "dislike" anyone/any promotion why do you all waste all your time trying to bash and criticise everything they do?This is to everyone...

if you "hate" or "dislike" anyone/any promotion why do you all waste all your time trying to bash and criticise everything they do?

It's a fan forum, intended for discussion of UK wrestling events. That doesn't mean, post about what you like and ignore what you don't like. If you put yourself out there, especially by posting threads to promote your own shows or those on which you're appearing, you open yourself to criticism. If people here see something and don't like it, they have every right to criticise it. With the individuals in question, it ain't like they're being roundly negative about everything either if you do a bit of reading around the forum.

jesus this has been going on ages, personally also doubt it was insurance probably venue licence or something along those lines, cause obviously most places dont think about holding wrestling/sporting events.

Edited by LittlePreg

• Paid Members

Maybe this thread should be moved as its no longer about an event..?

Why? It's still an event, just one that isn't happening.

• Paid Members

Maybe this thread should be moved as its no longer about an event..?

Why? It's still an event, just one that isn't happening.
Erm.. exactly?
I'm not sure what you point is, where would be a more appropriate place for this thread now? I really can't think of anywhere more suited that the UK events section. Fair enough if there was some major scandal it'd be better off on the main page, but that would have been the case a long time ago. There isn't, so I'm really lost I'm affraid.