Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Seven

5 Things You Hate Right Now

1. Work. Constant pressure to meet targets that we can't meet because the machines we depend on keep fucking up, constantly getting shouted at, and spending every shift trying to think of reasons Management could give to justify giving me the boot at the end of the shift and working to counter that.

Apparently the company isn't actually making any money from my shift right now but that's largely due to management fuck ups and isn't exactly going to make me feel better if I get fired.

There must be somebody else that you can talk to such as a union rep to explain that management's incompetence and their taking it out on you is making work unbearable. Management are paid to be responsible for this sort of thing which is supposed to be a blessing to those lower in the hierarchy. They need to be taking the fall for what's happening on your shift not the other way around.

1. This forum and it's bullshit today

2-5. Found out my gran has cancer.

Good day off. NOT! :(

Can I offer you some genuine advice?

Stop caring. It's A forum on the Internet. There's many many many forums out there for wrestling discussion etc. There's shitloads of people on here you (a) don't know and (b) shouldn't give a fuck about.

Why you let it all bother you so much is beyond me. Seriously, when you go to bed tonight, do you REALLY want to be thinking about this place?

From what I can tell, you actually have a life outside of the Internet with a real life woman, no? So you can't be that fucking desperate for approval or anything else.

Let it go over your head. Smile, laugh, and move on. Get on with your business and stop giving so much of a shit about insignificant comments.

Stop caring. It's A forum on the Internet.

^This.

Also, comparing a bit of ribbing to finding out a relative has cancer is pretty insensitive.

Christ, who on here hasn't been the butt of a joke at one point? Remember when Lister was on TV and there was an impromptu Photoshop contest as everyone took the piss? Or when Ralphy got lost? Or when MAB had a meltdown because people objected to him posting pictures of Cheggers nob? Or Chili Dog and his plagiarism incident? Flaming June and his romantic petrol stations?

Fuck, half the reason I post here is for people to take the piss.

Stop caring. It's A forum on the Internet.

^This.

Also, comparing a bit of ribbing to finding out a relative has cancer is pretty insensitive.

I don't know what's worse; comparing it to a relative getting cancer, putting it after the bit about the forum or even logging on to here in the first place when getting the news. If I'd just found out my Nan had cancer, the last thing that'd be on my mind is coming on here to tell everyone when I was so vehement about how much I disliked the place.

I'm starting to think Tommy is a fucking robot with faulty wiring and no warranty.

1. Work. Constant pressure to meet targets that we can't meet because the machines we depend on keep fucking up, constantly getting shouted at, and spending every shift trying to think of reasons Management could give to justify giving me the boot at the end of the shift and working to counter that.

Apparently the company isn't actually making any money from my shift right now but that's largely due to management fuck ups and isn't exactly going to make me feel better if I get fired.

There must be somebody else that you can talk to such as a union rep to explain that management's incompetence and their taking it out on you is making work unbearable. Management are paid to be responsible for this sort of thing which is supposed to be a blessing to those lower in the hierarchy. They need to be taking the fall for what's happening on your shift not the other way around.

Nope. No union. There's such a high turn over of employees that I don't know how one would even work.

I got the boot yesterday. I was given notice a week before with the official reason being that there wasn't enough work to keep me on. Unofficially I got told that there was plenty of work but that they need to cut costs because of the machines constantly fucking up. Around seventy people have been let go in the past three weeks. I was one of five who was given notice.

I'm actually fine with it. Having a week to come to terms with it really put into perspective and made me realise just how miserable I was working there. I was told I might get brought back if business picks up but the Manager has just essentially quit with no notice so I doubt that'll happen anytime soon.

1-4. I've not been paid, and nor has anyone else in my firm.

5. I've lost my passport, 4 weeks before I'm supposed to fly out to the States.

One out of 5 sorted :angry:

Edited by seph

1. Been awake the majority of the night due to cats at the back of my house making them baby sounds and keeping me awake.

2. Called for some petrol this morning before work and my bank card was refused. I then went to the ATM and my card was swallowed meaning I had to wat for my dad to come and pay for my petrol (he lives 20 mins away) which in turn, meant i was 30 mins late for work even though the petrol station is next door to my building.

3. Finally made it to work only to drop a bottle of pop all over my desk, making me look a twat in the process.

4-5. Been told that my dog needs to go the vets today and may need to be put down. He's 14 years old and since my mum passed away I think he has been pining for her. He's lost all of his weight to the point that hes now just skin and bones and he can hardly stand anymore. It's for the best and he would be at peace with my mum but for selfish reasons I dont want him to go. Bless him.

So, all in all, it's been a slightly bad day thus far.

Sorry to hear that, really hope the dog gets better and they can find out the matter. For 2. I always keep an emergency

Thanks alot, think its for the best.

in regards to number 2, I set up a new bank account last week just to keep a spare bit of cash incase this happens or emergencies but not had chance to transfer some money, typical.

1. Some cunt has robbed my girlfriend's work. Which is bad enough, but it was someone with a key, so either her deputy or the floating cover manager are suspect, both of whom she trusted. Obviously in the eyes of her head office, she'll be suspect too. She's freaking out, Oh, also it's a Children's Trust charity shop. What sort of scumbag steals from a charity for disabled kids?

2. Think I might be in a bit of schtuck with my local pub. They're a bit prissy about misbehaving in there, and I don't think they were tremendously keen on my missus smashing one of their lovely designer trays over my head for a laugh. Can't even lie about it as someone got a cracking photo of it shattering against my head and put it up online.

3. Still need to lose about a stone and a half and my motivation to work out and eat well has totally left me.

4. My dad's still suffering with really bad anxiety, and my mum's suffering as a result. Worried about the pair of them.

5. Winter. I hate the cold, the wet etc, and spending a lot of my time outdoors and on public transport is going to fucking suck. the only thing I like about winter is that when I walk the dog in the evening it's dark and fairly deserted so it's nice and relaxing and gives me time to think.

2. Think I might be in a bit of schtuck with my local pub. They're a bit prissy about misbehaving in there, and I don't think they were tremendously keen on my missus smashing one of their lovely designer trays over my head for a laugh. Can't even lie about it as someone got a cracking photo of it shattering against my head and put it up online.

We

1. Some cunt has robbed my girlfriend's work. Which is bad enough, but it was someone with a key, so either her deputy or the floating cover manager are suspect, both of whom she trusted. Obviously in the eyes of her head office, she'll be suspect too. She's freaking out, Oh, also it's a Children's Trust charity shop. What sort of scumbag steals from a charity for disabled kids?

Shitty news to hear, and hopefully it will all get sorted out with the culprit caught. But it reminds me of when I was working at Help The Aged and some guys broke through the back door and only nicked 6 easter eggs we had for a competition, nothing else was touched, just the back door and the cupboard with the easter eggs in it, like they had found the eggs and decided searching for any cash was now a lesser benefit to the free chocolate that was available.