Sign in to follow this  
Kookoocachu

~*UKFF's Children Thread*~

I'll echo what others have said, everyone worries that they'll be a shit parent. Basically, as long as your child is fed, clothed and happy, you're doing fine. 

Money wise, you'll be fine. You'll find you cut down on stuff (you'll be too knackered to go out, for starters, we ditched Sky TV, that kind of thing). Don't buy everything new, we bought bags of clothes at boot sales for very little money, all kids do for the first few months is feed and sleep. 

Everything you're feeling is something everyone goes through. But the moment you hold your child for the first time? That moment is pure fucking magic. 

My boy turns 3 at the end of July, so conversations at the moment are either repetitive, hilarious, or utterly bizarre (such as blurting out "Goodbye, someone else's willy!" whilst undressing him for a bath).

We flew into Tenerife today and as we were descending we hit a bit of turbulence. Despite having an impressive vocabulary for a 2 year old, he doesn't know turbulence, and so described the plane as being hit with a "wind wave". I'll be dammed if that's not a far better term for it.