All Star Wrestling results

The Dart

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Results from tonights All Star show at Charter Hall, Colchester

Rampage Brown beat James Mason via reversal of Masons high cross body. Clean Pin.

Jonny Storm beat Robbie Dynamite via 619.

Sam Adnois beat El Ligero via reversal of victory roll and pulling the tights.

Interval

The Hooligans beat Scott Fusion & Aaron Frost via Big Elbow on Fusion.

James Mason won a Battle Royal involving all the above names & Tony Spitfire and Tommy Idol. Dynamite & Rampage last eliminated.

Ref: Frankie Sloan

Crowd: 170 approx

A good fun show despite the small crowd. The first 2 matches & the Tag Match were the highlights.

Results from tonights All Star show at Charter Hall, Colchester

Rampage Brown beat James Mason via reversal of Masons high cross body. Clean Pin.

Jonny Storm beat Robbie Dynamite via 619.

Sam Adnois beat El Ligero via reversal of victory roll and pulling the tights.

The Hooligans beat Scott Fusion & Aaron Frost via Big Elbow on Fusion.

James Mason won a Battle Royal involving all the above names & Tony Spitfire and Tommy Idol. Dynamite & Rampage last eliminated.

Actually looks a decent show on paper. Great talent on there.

Am probably gonna be checking out All Star when it comes to Hull next week so hope we get something similar - espesh the Hooligans. Love me some Hooligans.

Results from Hull City Hall tonight in front of an announced crowd of 600.

'Iceman' Erik Oslo (Aaron Frost) pinned James Mason

Sam Adonis pinned Danny Collins. Have never seen Collins live and he's one of my all-time faves. He's in fantastic condition and delivered a dropkick off the top rope at one point. Adonis had good charisma and knew how to rile up the crowd but he seriously needs to work on his flabby physique if he has any chance of following his bro, SJK/Corey Graves, into the WWE.

The Hooligans beat Rampage Brown & Robbie Dynamite in an all action Falls Count Anywhere Match.

Zak took a hard backdrop onto the wooden stage and Dynamite was actually backdropped OFF the stage and onto the floor of the hall.

End came when Dynamite hit Rampage with a metal bin by mistake and The Hooligans hit the Doomsday Device (LOD 'flip' version rather than the Dudleys flat back version) on 'The Body'. Great match.

Two rookies wrestled next - Jamie Summers beat Sean Morel

James Mason won the main event Rumble that featured all of the previous wrestlers (except Sean Morel) as well as Tony Spitfire, Josh Faulkner (who certainly looks the part and could have a bright future) and the legendary Skull Murphy. Great seeing Skull and Collins hook it up during the match - neither man looks like they've missed a beat.

Order of entry - Robbie Dynamite, Tony Spitfire, Aaron Frost, Josh Faulkner, Skull Murphy, James Mason, Jamie Summers, Rampage Brown, Danny Collins, Sam Adonis, The Hooligans.

I enjoyed the night, personally. Great batch of stars, some legends and some possible stars of the future.

• Paid Members

I'll be popping along to All-Star's show in York on Monday night - my first ASW event since they last ran York, nearly exactly 2 years ago. Quite looking forward to it, actually. After seeing virtually nothing but GPW and PCW for most of 2012 and 2013 so far, this (together with Dragon Gate UK at the end of the week) will be a nice change.

Website lists Ligero, Cruz, Allmark, Adonis, Brown, Colossus, Spitfire, Sloane, Robbie Dynami-tee-hee and a rumble (which is their 'theme' for the current run, I think).

I'll be popping along to All-Star's show in York on Monday night - my first ASW event since they last ran York, nearly exactly 2 years ago. Quite looking forward to it, actually. After seeing virtually nothing but GPW and PCW for most of 2012 and 2013 so far, this (together with Dragon Gate UK at the end of the week) will be a nice change.

Be sure to post results on here then, mate.

I remember the only All Star show I saw in York was a few years ago and Rampage Brown took a bump from the stage and into the orchestra pit, which got a great reaction from the crowd.

• Paid Members

So, I popped along to York last night for All-Star's show at the Grand Opera House. Well, most of it, anyway. You see, I planned to head there almost straight from work, jumping on a train, giving myself about an hour before the show in order to get something to eat, head over to the venue, go and buy my ticket, etc. Problem was, what would normally be a short less-than-20 minute train journey to York ended up taking EIGHTY MINUTES. Due to problems with the track-side equipment, the train just ground to a halt about 5 minutes outside York... and just STAYED THERE FOR OVER AN HOUR. As a result, I only ended up arriving in York at around 7:40pm... and the show started at 7:30pm...

I dashed on over to the Opera House, but on arrival I found the front doors locked. Damn. Going in through the side door (exit), I was met with the news that the box office closed 15 minutes after the show start time (it was now something like 07:50pm) and sorry, I wouldn't be able to buy a ticket now. Stupid trains. Feeling pretty pissed off, I turned, left and started heading away, but then decided to go and give it one more final try. I turned on a bit of charm and chat with one of the young female ushers and, bugger me, it actually ended up working! She made a few calls around various people, and they decided to let me in if I made a donation to their charity, for the value of a show ticket. Deal done: I was in! [in a somewhat funny note, All-Star promoter Brian Dixon, who was down in the foyer manning his beloved merchandise table, overheard part of this conversation and wandered over with an alternative suggestion, that I be allowed to buy one of his event programmes and then they treat that as a ticket. He was most definitely not impressed when they went with the charity idea instead!]

So, I headed up to the dress circle, which provided a fabulous view of the action. The Opera House is one of those theatre venues where they put the ring on the stage, and is full of grandeur and splendour with chandeliers, ornate coving, painted features - the full works. It's a super hall for a wrestling show. There weren't many in for it tonight, though - maybe 150-200 in a venue which, if filled to absolute capacity in the stalls, dress and upper circle, would probably hold 1,000. I took up my seat in the opening moments of the second bout on the night's bill: El Ligero vs. Sam Adonis. I'd later deduce that the opening contest that I'd missed had been Tony Spitfire vs. Nathan Cruz. I wasn't too concerned with skipping that one, to be honest, since that exact same match had also been the opener of the last All-Star show in York, almost exactly 2 years prior (which was also the last ASW show I attended). I doubt it would be much different this time around.

With the exception of 2 Triple-X Wrestling shows and the second day of the Preston weekender earlier this month, I actually now think El Ligero has featured on EVERY SINGLE WRESTLING EVENT I've attended since February 2012. That's a whole lot of Ligero. This was, however, the first I'd seen of Adonis. Now, I know they are brothers, but blow me if Adonis isn't an alternate universe Sterling James Keenan/Corey Graves. He is facially the absolute spit of him, but has long blonde hair, no tattoos and a muffin-top jelly belly. There's definitely been some split-timeline trickery somewhere. Anyway, decent match this. Say what you want about all the pantomime, chant-starting and "SHALL I????!?!?"-ing, what is notable about the All-Star style is how they really do keep things nice and simple, meaning that moves you would normally take for granted elsewhere like dropkicks, crossbody blocks, running moves from the ropes etc automatically become significantly bigger and more meaningful, gaining a much bigger reaction from the audience. There's a long-standing opinion held by some veterans that 'less is more' when it comes to wrestling, and that certainly seems to hold an element of truth here. Due to all this, a piledriver (which, actually, you would imagine a lot of the kids in the audience might not have ever seen before) and a Death Valley Driver from Sam Adonis came over as absolute killer moves, making it a near-miracle that the heroic Ligero was able to kick out. Having tried everything, Adonis resorted to grabbing a handful of Ligero

Aldershot's Princes Hall was filled to the rafters last night, in their biggest Wrestling crowd in over 20 years saw a mixture of regular and new faces in the All Star Ring, but the spectactors were blessed with a Spectacular of a show with something for everyone. French Champion Heddi Karaoui was first in the ring to take on London favourite James Mason, with the Bermondsey born emerging as the first winner of the evening. Superslam Champion Rampage Brown and Party Marty Scurle fought out what some seanoned followers said is a contender for match of the year before the title holder snatched victory. The UK Kid made his debut in All Star rings with a ten minute win of the London newcomer Mucleman Leon Shah . Kids favourite the Fearless Flatliner had everyone in stitches except his opponent Warren Brady. The Rumble featured the first six wrestlers plus they were joined by outspoken American Sam Adonis who drew number one in the rumble list and he was joined at two and three respectively by Damien James and Owen Phoneix. Antonio De Luca, Behnan Ali, and Eddie Ryan all joined the over the top event before the Frenchman was the first to be eliminated and ordered back to the dressing room by referee Frankie Sloan. James Mason was a surprise knockout half way through the event, and the final four saw Adonis and Brown team up against Shah and Scurle. Shah was first out before the anglo American duo doubleteamed Scurle. Brown was eliminated before the biggest chear of the night saw the PartyMan and Runner up in the TNA event Marty emerge victorious to go forward as another one through in the KIng of the Rumble event.

Results from tonights All Star show at Corn Exchange, Ipswich

Marty Scrull beat Nathan Cruz with a Death Valley Driver

Charlie Rage beat Jonny Storm with a Spear

Leon Shah beat UK Kid with a sit down Chokeslam.

Interval. Interval was meant to be 30 minutes to allow the cage to be put up for the second half. This over-ran to 45 minutes. During this time the audience were asked to leave the area whilst the ring was put up.

Sam Adonis beat Warren Brady & Colossus Kennedy in a Triple Threat Cage match by exiting through the door.

Rampage Brown & Robbie Dynamite beat The Hooligans in a Tag Team Cage match.

The rules were that both members of each team had to escape the cage to win. Bex escaped first but went back in to save Bud. Bud then did the same. Bud and Rampage then escaped at the same. Robbie & Bex escaped at roughly the same time with Bex just hitting the floor first. However the ref was busy pulling apart a brawl between Bud & Rampage and missed Robbie throwing Bex back in the cage. When the ref turned around he saw Rampage & Robbie out of the cage and awarded them the match. Great Finish.

Ref: Frankie Sloan

Crowd: 250 approx

A good show overall. The crowd were really into the first half and the guys worked hard. The 45 minute interval was far too long though and the venue had no chairs for people to wait. This was hard for many of the older members in the audience as there no where to realistically go apart from proping up the bar. Many of the kids were getting frustrated as well. I think this showed in the Triple Threat as the crowd were much more quite compared to the first half.

The Tag Cage was a cracking main event though. Again the crowd were a little slow to get into it however they really bought the false escapes. The guys worked their butts off in this match and it really showed. The crowd were HOT for the screw job finish. If All Star adhere to the storyline, The Holligans vs Rampage/Dynamite will face in a rematch the next time they're in Ipswich only this time under TLC rules.

• 5 years later...
  • Paid Members

Thread resurrection for this afternoon's epic showdown at Reading's Hexagon.

Match 1 Vito Peru Vs Tony Spitfire

Vito Peru bested Tony Spitfire with some underhanded tactics and a sunset flip over the top rope.

Match 2 Johnny Storm Vs Dean Allmark

Always a pleasure to see the XPW Europe Champion. For my money match of the afternoon. After a hard-fought cruiserweight encounter where they traded pinfalls back forth until Deano pinned Johnny for the win with handstand pinning combination.

Match 3 Mixed Tag - Lord Robin Lekeme & Lady Lorie Vs James Mason & Erin Angel

Erin Angel hit the unprettier on Lady Lorie and Mason did a standing senton on Lekeme for the win.

Match 4 Superstar Championship Match Oliver Grey aka Joel Redman (C) Vs Tyson T-Bone

Grey wins with a superkick followed by an RKO for the pinfall.

Match 5 Tag Match The Henchman Big Jim & Big T Justice Vs Dean Allmark & Lucha The Flying Eagle

Deano & Lucha hit a double 619 on the dastardly duo then double hip toss Big Jim onto Justice for the big win. It was like being at Wrestlemania.

Archived