All Star Wrestling results

The Dart

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this the Scunthorpe show?

I don't believe they have any imports at the moment, well not the ones I saw advertised whilst working in Scunthorpe last week (Val Venis, Tatanka and Gangrel), plus I think NGW have a show the same night so unless someone is doing a double booking don't expect any on their show.

All Star are terrible at letting customers know who is really on their show and who they put on posters, flyers and other advertising stuff.

I don't believe they have any imports at the moment, well not the ones I saw advertised whilst working in Scunthorpe last week (Val Venis, Tatanka and Gangrel), plus I think NGW have a show the same night so unless someone is doing a double booking don't expect any on their show.

All Star are terrible at letting customers know who is really on their show and who they put on posters, flyers and other advertising stuff.

Yeah, Gangrel was on the poster I saw. I've been watching All-Star for years so I know the posters are rarely up to date with who will be appearing, but I asked the question in case anyone had been to any recent shows. That would be a slightly more accurate method of finding who is working, but then again I know some workers who regularly work for All-Star down South don't often come this far North.

I'll just find out on Saturday night.

Yeah, Gangrel was on the poster I saw. I've been watching All-Star for years so I know the posters are rarely up to date with who will be appearing, but I asked the question in case anyone had been to any recent shows. That would be a slightly more accurate method of finding who is working, but then again I know some workers who regularly work for All-Star down South don't often come this far North.

I'll just find out on Saturday night.

All Star website home page has Robbie Dynamite vs Tony Spitfire with Little Legs, Japan's Shadow Phoenix and more on the site.

Results from:

Corn Exchange, Ipswich

Friday 5th October

Crowd: 180 Approx

Ref: Frankie Sloan

James Mason beat Scott Fusion

Zak Knight beat Kris Travis

Roy Knight beat Shadow Phoenix

Break

Joss Faulkner, Kris Travis, Tony Spitfire & Shadow Phoenix beat Danny Steel, American Disaster & The Knights in an 8 Tag with Rumble rules

TJ Daniels & Little Legs beat Robbie Dynamite

I didn't catch all the names at Scunthorpe on Saturday night, but here are some comments:

1. James Mason beat Marco Marinelli

I liked both guys, Mason won with the very smooth hand-spring, jumping onto the 2nd rope, diving crossbody combination.

2. 'Mr Perfect' Scott Fusion beat 'Shooting Star' Kris Travis

I've seen Travis' name on the UKFF a lot but never seen him work. His in-ring work was spot on but he wasn't in the same league as some of the other babyfaces on the show in terms of connecting with the young audience and getting them involved. 5th best match on the 5 match card.

3. Frankie Sloan beat Tony Spitfire

I've seen Sloan a few times before and I really like him. Every heel on the show did a good job of riling up the crowd, Spitfire was no exception. The ring was mic'd so you could hear everything inside the ring, Frankie was slipping in funny stuff like "wake up ref, he's pulling me flipping hair!".

4. Shadow Phoenix & an English guy in a mask vs Danny Steel & some other guy

I can't remember who won, but it was a fun match. Danny Steel took a shot to the plums and spent the last few minutes of the match letting out high pitched screams with every shot and bump.

5. James Mason & Little Legs beat Robbie Dynamite

This one also went down a storm, every Little Legs spot got a huge reaction. I really like Mason & Dynamite so their interaction was great.

Other comments:

The ring announcer sounded pissed. I'm not saying he was pissed, but the slurring, mumbling and tripping over his words suggested that was the case. Then in the last 2 matches he started adding comments mid-match over the house mic from sat in the corner like he was Father Jack Hackett.

The kids in the crowd turned on him between matches when he held up a Sin Cara mask and called it a Rey Mysterio mask. As he was going through what was on sale and what the backstage passes involved, he could barely be heard above the shouts of "It's a Sin Cara mask!" and "Mysterio's hasn't got bits over his eyes!".

They announced before the final match that they would return next year and put the ring on the main floor rather than on the stage, so fans could sit around all four sides of the ring. But I would estimate the crowd was only around 100-120 so we will wait and see.

They announced before the final match that they would return next year and put the ring on the main floor rather than on the stage, so fans could sit around all four sides of the ring. But I would estimate the crowd was only around 100-120 so we will wait and see.

**Sigh** it only seems 5 mins ago since Wrestling used to sell out the old baths hall. I saw some cracking Ray Robinson main events there.

Announced card for this Sunday in Croydon, courtesy of www.bigtimewrestlinguk.com....

Rampage Brown v Marty Scurll (replacing an injured Dean 2Xtreme)

Joe Legend v Sam Adonis (Sterling James Keenan/Corey Graves' brother)

Hooligans Roy and Zak Knight v Skull Murphy and Danny Collins

El Ligero v Robbie Dynamite

Archived