UKFF Awards 2007 **RESULTS**

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

The British match of the year is definitely a surprise given how few people saw it. My guess is it's a bit of a quirk of the voting process - because it was the only one on the shortlist from FSW/GPW/XWA, it will have got votes from most North West fans, while votes from other areas will have been split between several matches (like the multiple IPW-UK nominations).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

While Dave Rayne vs. Chris Egan from Futureshock Wrestling was a truly excellent match (capping off a superb 6-month-long feud, with roots going back even further) and an example of what FSW does best (logical, easy-to-understand, yet utterly compelling feuds and matches), I find it absolutely astonishing that enough UKFFers saw it to be able to vote it British Match of the Year, especially considering FSW doesn't seem to have a strong UKFF following.A deserved winner, but I never expected it. If anything, I hope this result convices more UKFFers to go along and check out FSW, since it is something that the vast majority will enjoy very much.

Wait, we all left out UK Hat Guy!How could we......