The UKFF

freaky

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Many people are hugely insulting to those who dare display limited wrestling knowlege

See, I disagree. I'll be first to admit my wrestling knowledge is fairly limited (although vastly expanded by joining here, certainly), but if you *know* you're limited and ask questions rather than stating stupidity as fact then you usually don't get ripped on. Too much. By everyone apart from Mr. Seven :p

See, I disagree. I'll be first to admit my wrestling knowledge is fairly limited (although vastly expanded by joining here, certainly), but if you *know* you're limited and ask questions rather than stating stupidity as fact then you usually don't get ripped on. Too much.

Indeed. I don't post too much because I don't actually know too much. I'd say my knowledge of wrestling is very limited. However, I've managed to not get slagged too much so far due to not saying stupid things. Well, not often anyways.

Well it can't be Mab, as there isn't one exclamation mark.

:laugh::laugh: That's what I thought as well. Unless Fin has proof read it first.
Quite possible, since Fin's "proofreading" consists of rewriting entire letters if the Christian T-shirt hilarity from a few years back is anything to go by.
What happened then?And I have to say that is the funniest letter I have read since Oliver The Youtube Guy wrote to PS complaining that he had been openly mocked on the forum...and I haven't seen anything from him on here since. I miss him...he was fun!

Well it can't be Mab, as there isn't one exclamation mark.

:laugh::laugh: That's what I thought as well. Unless Fin has proof read it first.
Quite possible, since Fin's "proofreading" consists of rewriting entire letters if the Christian T-shirt hilarity from a few years back is anything to go by.
What happened then?
IIRC, he didn't understand Christian's catchphrase of "That's how I roll", so rewrote it as saying "That's how I rule".

TBH i've been watching wrestling for like two years, so obviously i dont know that much about it. So if someone who has watched wrestling for like 20 years tells me that what i think is *crap*, maybe with the odd insult thrown in it doesn't really bother me - as long as they tell me why. And if you post spoilers then you obviously deserve to have abuse hurled at you.I do agree that people are pompous here but aren't most wrestling smarks? what did he expect? I would be happy that someone who knows more about wrestling than me would b willing to explain something to me, even if he is being a bit patronising and sarcastic.Ok im gonna stop kissing your asses now ---- twats! :duh:

The only other wrestling forum I was a member of was wrestlingnewsworld.net which is now wrestling discussion.com. It used to be an ok site until the owners pulled a gestapo act & everyone with sense pissed off. You guys seem to be knowledgeable compared to the morons that post there. Everyone can be a little patronising during a heated discussion but it sounds like this guy had it coming. I've been known to complain when spoilers haven't been clearly marked.On a side note I've bought powerslam for about a year now, I've noticed they rag on WWE unjustifiably a lot of the time & their guilty before proven innocent treatment attitude towards Benoit astounded me. Anything else worth buying?

The reading of the rules. Always an excellent tactic in an argument against a young'un. But ask yourself this - ''Did I read the rules when I signed up?''.

To be fair , most of us probably did not. Most of it is common sense. Still , just a nice little ironic thing to point out.

Edited by Toilet Duck

To be fair, the letters page in Powerslam is always abysmal. Who writes into a magazine anymore? It's like the Q&A section. Have you not heard of the internet?? If you want to know how many title reigns LOD had or who was the original Ultimate Warrior ;) you can find out online in 3 seconds, not write in and ask Fin about it. Jesus....