CITV Goes Old School

RIDDUM_N_STYLE

Thought this news would merit it's own thread for discussion by anyone who grew up on CITV as a youngster

In Time for the 30th Anniversary since the launch of the 'Children's ITV' block in the UK, there will be a 'Old Skool Weekend' of the best programming since 1983 after ITV1 will screen a '30 Years of CITV' documentary on the 29th December

Here is the Full schedule for CITV's 'Old Skool Weekend'. It includes the best of their British made programming from the past thirty years.

Saturday 5 January

09.25 Mike & Angelo

09.50 Super Gran

10.15 Wizadora

10.30 T-Bag Strikes Again

10.50 Engie Benjy

11.05 The Raggy Dolls

11.15 Puddle Lane

11.35 Count Duckula

12.00 The Sooty Show

12.25 Art Attack

12.40 The Big Bang

13.00 Finders Keepers

13.30 Fun House

14.00 Knightmare

14.30 Fraggle Rock

15.00 The Worst Witch

15.30 Woof!

16.00 Dramarama

16.30 Press Gang

17.00 The Tomorrow People (90's Version)

17.30 Children's Ward

Sunday 6 January

09.25 Mike & Angelo

09.50 Spatz

10.10 Huxley Pig

10.30 Rainbow

10.50 Button Moon

11.05 The Riddlers

11.15 Rosie & Jim

11.35 Dangermouse

12.00 Sooty & Co

12.25 How 2

12.40 Finger Tips

13.00 Jungle Run

13.30 Fun House

14.00 Knightmare

14.30 Fraggle Rock

15.00 My Parents are Aliens

15.30 Woof!

16.00 Dramarama

16.30 Press Gang

17.00 The Tomorrow People (90s Version)

17.30 Children's Ward

Also if anyone needs a refresher on what some of these shows were or what their themes sounded like, here's a Youtube video with them all plus all the CITV intro's

*Edit* Damn it forgot to post the link, here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erqlb9J_sNw

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No Trap Door?

Maybe they only wanted one Cosgrove Hall show per day? Probably not, but if it was bumped in favour of Duckla and DM I'm ok with that. They could have left off my parents are aliens though, maybe in favour of Bad Influence or some more knightmare (n.Ricky).

I'm sure there was a show in the 90s on CITV that was set in a swamp or sewer and all characters (animals I think) were puppets, any idea what it was or if it was even real?

I remember it couldn't tell you the name, which is going to bug me now.

Edit : it was Round the Bend. God bless google.

• Paid Members

Spatz! Woof! Mike & Angelo! I'm going to have to delete a shitload from the Sky planner for all this. On an unrelated note, the brilliant theme for Spatz was identical to music for one of the levels on Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion.

• Awards Moderator
I'm sure there was a show in the 90s on CITV that was set in a swamp or sewer and all characters (animals I think) were puppets, any idea what it was or if it was even real?

Are you sure? That sounds like 'The Adventures of Grady Greenspace' to me. Scariest TV programme I've ever seen. Don't think I've met anyone else who remembers it for ages, but it was absolutely fucking terrifying.

Are you sure? That sounds like 'The Adventures of Grady Greenspace' to me. Scariest TV programme I've ever seen. Don't think I've met anyone else who remembers it for ages, but it was absolutely fucking terrifying.

Yeah, I don't think it was Round the Bend, it could be The Adventures of Grady Greenspace, I can remember it being quite strange and dark as a child, just trying to thing the theme/intro to see if I can remember.

Archived