TNA British Boot Camp (UK wrestlers competing for a TNA contract)

pgi86

Don't know the complete details just yet but today at the London fan party Dixie Carter announced a brand new TNA TV show is going to debut on Challenge on January 1st - Boot Camp. The UK's own Rockstar Spud, Marty Scurll and The Blossom Twins (Hannah & Holly Blossom) will be part of it. They'll be competing for a contract with TNA.

Not being funny or anything, but isn't that Spud guy something like 5'3? I know TNA has some smaller guys on its roster, but isn't that pushing it a bit?

The TNA Heavyweight Champion is currently 5'9. This is 2012, size does not matter so much anymore. Spud would win in my opinion because of his gimmick and personality, I don't think he would ever become a massive 'superstar' but he would fit nicely in the X-Division.

• Paid Members

I can't see how it matters who wins. If TNA wanted them they'd sign them. Its just a gimmick for a TV show. If they do get a contract, they'll end up where all of the Gut Check winners and Mark Haskins ended up. Should be fun to watch, but TNA are bastards for signing indy wrestlers and doing fuck all with them. TNA should be concentrating on who they have now, rather than signing other wrestlers to contracts.

Not being funny or anything, but isn't that Spud guy something like 5'3? I know TNA has some smaller guys on its roster, but isn't that pushing it a bit?

The TNA Heavyweight Champion is currently 5'9. This is 2012, size does not matter so much anymore. Spud would win in my opinion because of his gimmick and personality, I don't think he would ever become a massive 'superstar' but he would fit nicely in the X-Division.

I know Aries is 5'9, but there's a massive difference between 5'3 and 5'9. Has there been a wrestler in either of the top two promotions who has been that small?

I know Aries is 5'9, but there's a massive difference between 5'3 and 5'9. Has there been a wrestler in either of the top two promotions who has been that small?

Matt Hyson is being billed as 5'7 on Wikipedia which seems tall for him.

• Paid Members
Spud would win in my opinion because of his gimmick and personality

Not being a cunt, but his gimmick is so Butlins. Its played for laughs. I couldn't imagine how this would get over on a major TV show. Local UK indy gimmicks and hanging with the likes of Samoa Joe and Joseph Park are worlds apart. If TNA did sign him, that gimmick would be well and truly gone. Also he's really small. Amazing Red is three inches bigger than him. And Red was like the standard of how small a US wrestler was. Super Porky is bigger than him as well. And Porky was in WWE's midget division a while back.

Matt Hyson is being billed as 5'7 on Wikipedia which seems tall for him.

Or maybe he just looked really small next to the bigger US guys? Imagine how Spud would look next to even Earl Hebner! I'm by no means wishing to be negative towards smaller wrestlers, but this Spud fellow seems to be smaller than anyone I've ever seen competing outside of the mini divisions.

Does anybody know if TNA will be holding Gut Checks when they come over to tour the UK next year? I read somewhere that this was a possibility or is the announcement of this new TV show what the real rumor was? I hope TNA does hold Gut Checks over here, Ive noticed that its open to referee's as well and I'd love they oppotunity to tryout.

Archived