WWE Raw 7/5/12 Discussion Thread

Cobra1000

• Paid Members

No, because you aren't getting what is being said. It isn't about who looks hard and who doesn't. Nobody is saying that (other wise the Warlord, Barbarian, Scott Norton and hundreds of others would have been huge stars). Its about who is more marketable, who looks like more of a star and who appeals to a more wider fanbase to which the WWE is targeting. For example, Carlos Tevez might be a better Footballer than David Beckham, but he'll never make more money than him in the long run, because he's such a rancidly ugly looking bastard the only money he can make is from billionaire owners or boot deals. The only person that would buy a magazine with Tevez on the cover is probably Tommyboi (or nicholasjackson).

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its really weird hearing all you guys guys talk about outside perspectives on Punk. I am a tattooer and pretty much all my friends have a lot of tattoos. I only really speak to people with a lot of coverage (sheltered life I know.) As such whenever I talk to anyone about wrestling in general he is one of the first names mentioned for being cool. Tattoos actually play a big part in what I like about wrestlers. Brodus Clay has fucking awful work so I don't like him. Tensia, Orton, Lesnar (for that fucking sword,) AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy and especially Matt Morgan are so much more unlikeable to me because of what they have tattooed on them

• Paid Members

Nobody. He's fine as he is. John Cena, Brock Lesnar, The Rock, Triple H and The Undertaker have been the ones in the money positions in the last few months. John Cena vs Brock Lesnar is worlds apart from Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk. I think WWE's doing the best with him from where I'm sitting. Putting him with the likes of Jericho, Daniel Bryan and Alberto Del Rio. I'm saying he's not a draw, I'm not saying there isn't a place for him in the upper card/bottom of the main event positions.I've never argued that he shouldn't be where he is. I've argued that he isn't what some people think he is. He still deserves to be in a high portion of the card.

Wrestling is all about suspending your belief. I want to loose myself in what is going on. However a tattoo is permanent, if what they have tattooed fits with their character it is so much easier for me to buy into that person. Would the Undertaker have been the same American Badass without his tattoos? Fuck no he wouldn't. But at the same time I look at guys like Matt Morgan who just looks like he has let a kitchen wizard scribble shit on him. The bloke goes out in trunks on television every week, if he is going to have a tattoo he should make sure its done well seeing as it is always on display. It shows a lot about the person to me. Not to mention he now has two massive Ms on the backs of his arms. Is he trying to look like a tool? As for the other guys I mentioned:Tensia - Tribal fucking sucks, let alone when you have the exact same thing on both sides of your body. People who have tribal tend to just want a tattoo but don't know what to have. Either think about what you want or don't get anythingOrton - Piss off you David Beckham wannabe. It doesn't look good on him and it doesn't look good on youAJ Styles - What the fuck made him think AJ on his ribs was a good idea? Jeff Hardy - I hate people who get a sleeve and think they deserve to wear hand and neck tattoos. Pay your dues dickwad. When people ask me how much a hand tattoo costs I always say "two sleeves." Not to mention what he has is so badly done its makes me want to throw up. With his money he could have afforded to go to someone like Guy Aitchison. But instead he just couldn't be bothered

• Paid Members

Jeff Hardy - I hate people who get a sleeve and think they deserve to wear hand and neck tattoos. Pay your dues dickwad. When people ask me how much a hand tattoo costs I always say "two sleeves." Not to mention what he has is so badly done its makes me want to throw up. With his money he could have afforded to go to someone like Guy Aitchison. But instead he just couldn't be bothered

You're a sodding lunatic.

• Paid Members

I don't understand your beef with Jeffs arm tat. Sounds pretty mental to me, wouldn't say it's poorly done at all. Think it's quite a good take on the sleeve concept personally and think it definitely adds to his whole wrestling aura and presentation which it seems is so important to you.You must fucking despise Ken Anderson. But so should everyone.

Jeff Hardy - I hate people who get a sleeve and think they deserve to wear hand and neck tattoos. Pay your dues dickwad. When people ask me how much a hand tattoo costs I always say "two sleeves." Not to mention what he has is so badly done its makes me want to throw up. With his money he could have afforded to go to someone like Guy Aitchison. But instead he just couldn't be bothered

Pay your dues?

Hand and neck tattoos should be for people who have covered most there body. Its something you earn. I could rant about the details of why his sleeve sucks but I have a feeling it would be lost hereEdit: oh yeah I purposely avoided Anderson because even though it may not seem like it, I wanted to avoid a full on rant...

• Paid Members

I didn't realise there was such things as a tattoo Nazi. Surely if your are a free thinker and original (like most spanners with a load of tattoos claim to be), you should champion someone for doing whatever they like with their body. I think Hardy's tattoos are wicked. That snake circling his ribs is awesome. And even though AJ Styles "AJ" tattoos looks like shite, he got it for his kids (who's date of births are below the letters) so I can have no criticism towards him on that front.Also, sir Maxwell, since you love Punk's tattoos, what are your feelings on the fact he got his knuckles, belly and hands tattooed long before he got his sleeves done?

I guess that's something discussed in hardcore tattoo corners (or you're a bit loopy). Having tattoos isn't to please hardcore tattooists (or tattoers as you say). It's to please yourself, or have a piece that will be significant to something in your life. I know a lot of people do stupid shit like get their partner of 1 year's name as a tattoo before getting a text finding out she's shagged your best mate, but 'casuals' like us don't see much wrong with Jeff Hardy's tattoos. That he appeals to the 'alternative' audience so much is surely proof that no one gives a shit who his tattoo was done by.Looking at your Tumblr, you do seem pretty odd.

• Paid Members

I've asked Mrs Small about this. She's got 9 tattoos in total, has more planned, and is a tattoo designer herself. She knows her stuff and we both are friends with several tattoo designers and tattooists. She says maxwell_murder is "talking bollocks", that she's never heard this theory before and that he is "a complete and utter knob - actually, he's not a complete and utter knob, he has to pay his dues as just a knob before he becomes a complete and utter one."

Archived