The Major problem with wrestling

quote the raven

• Paid Members

I think this has probably been talked about loads but i cant seem to find a thread about it.

WM is coming along fast and once again i come out of my wrestling coma to see whats going on. I been watching Raw and Impact for a month or so now.

WM is being headlined by Rock, with HHH and Taker with HBK.

TNA is still using Sting in main events.

I would say Cena is a star in his own right but what happened to the stars? If you took the old guard away maina would have nothing imo. I dont understand why WWE cant seem to make new stars.

I mean punk looked to be on his way when he won the title and buggered off but he seems to be watered down now.

I wonder where WWE go to when the old guard call it a day?

TNA have Bobby Roode who looked like a total star nearly killing Sting, other than that the next best thing on the show was Bully ray! I dont get Crimson, Morgan, Gunner.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All that first post needed was "Rant over" at the end and it would look like every other fucking post on every other wrestling forum.

If anything, this is a brilliant advert for the UKFF. Cliched shite like this sticks out like a sore thumb on here. Well done everybody for being interesting and original and almost making it offensive to read when a more generic post pops up.

I totally understand what you're getting at with the two big matches as casual fans look at it being Rock vs. Cena and the Hell in a Cell with Taker vs. Triple H and HBK as the special referee. In my opinion though I think Punk has and is becoming more and more a big star, I am looking forward to the two matches I mentioned but we are fairly certain that Taker will win and whilst it will be interesting to see who gets the win in the Cena and Rock match we do know that Rock will probably not be around for a while after Mania. In my eyes, taking those points into consideration, I think the Punk and Jericho match will be brilliant as both are amazing wrestlers and it is also for the WWE Title, the promos these guys have provided in the build up have built it up amazingly and the story surrounding it is very well done. I can see the feud possibly continuing following Mania and everyone knows Punk wants Austin in a special one off match and if that happens for next year's Mania and is built up well and Punk looks amazing in the build up, as it is fairly obvious the fans will love Austin anyway, I can see Punk becoming a top caliber star, much like if Cena gets the win or just looks strong against Rock this Sunday.

Most casual fans are aware of Cena now anyway but if he goes over The Rock or just does something amazing and looks strong this Sunday (ie turns heel and totally destroys The Rock following a Rock win) then I think casual fans will realise him more and buy into him being a top star and might take more notice of him as a top star. Basically what I'm saying is this generation now with the Cenas, the Punks, the Roodes, the Bryans etc need the last generation of Austins, Rocks, Stings, Triple Hs, Takers to get them over and to see the new generation beat the last generation is the way to do that.

• Paid Members
WM is being headlined by Rock, with HHH and Taker with HBK.

That's a problem? Fuck me, I can't wait for when the problem clears up and things get good again, then. Make hay while the sun shines, be grateful that Rock, Hunter and Taker can still make an in-ring contribution to the show and enjoy it. Those two matches will be hugely dramatic and make the show great. Stop worrying what it says about the future of the company and enjoy the present.

• Paid Members

Blackson, what the fuck's going on in that GIF? Is there some huge amount of context I've missed that makes that make sense? Also, who is it? I think I recognise Eddie Edwards in there...

Archived