UKFF Skyrim Thread

Kata Ha Jime

I really do need to start playing this again; I got distracted by WWE '12 and haven't played since. I oddly kept on waiting for a major swerve/heel turn in the whole SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

werewolf thing

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

That was a really crap questline, I thought. I'd have loved a traditional fighters guild story instead the basic idea of it seemed to be "right lads let's hammer the shit out of people who don't like werewolves". I just felt like a thug in it.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I thought the end of the Companions was quite good, battling the ghosts in that temple and curing the werewolf disease from Kodlak, so he could go to the nord's afterlife.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Just gone through quite a bit of the thieves guild this morning, quite entertaining but my character isn't too good at sneaking yet, so I usually have to find my way out rather then sneak.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

How the hell do you kill a Giant? I've managed to cut down a few Dragons on my own but the Giants seem impossible, 1 clout and you're minced. Plus once I've engaged one I cannot outrun them when the going gets tough.

Brave Sir Robin indeed.

How the hell do you kill a Giant? I've managed to cut down a few Dragons on my own but the Giants seem impossible, 1 clout and you're minced. Plus once I've engaged one I cannot outrun them when the going gets tough.

Brave Sir Robin indeed.

If you're using destruction magic get the perk which staggers the enemy when you doublecast. Then, doublecast like a mother until your magicka is done, run away using your stamina for the extra speed while pumping the equilibrium to regain magicka, rinse and repeat until the Giant is dead.

• Paid Members

I'm a fucking guerrilla warfare titan - I went to find the source of power at some dragon's gaff, but he jumped me on the way over there, and I had a random Blood Dragon encounter too. At night. On a mountainside. With useless Lydia engaging it down below. It became a sprawling, incredible six hour (in game time) battle, which involved at various periods a bear, a sabrecat that got the drop on me, only to be killed by the dragons, a bunch of Foresworn, and a giant and mammoths (collateral damage). I was constantly fast healing with my back to the mountain, conjuring Atronach's that lasted a few seconds against the strafing runs, trying to keep Lydia alive for her archery skills. Eventually, I managed to thin out the quest dragon, and then me, Lydia, and the bear piled on the Blood Dragon as it painfully hauled its way around some ruins, trying to get close enough to do that unblockable bite that kills with one shot. Great fun, sad to be back to work so no more Skyrim marathons for a while.

• Paid Members

Hilarious Popcorn. Hilarious.

After finishing the main quest I've gone back to the early Dark Brotherhood missions, can someone who has finished the brotherhood and civil war questlines answer me the following question, preferably with no spoilers if that's possible.

It seems like I'm going to have a chance to kill the emperor for the brotherhood, will this in any way affect the civil war quest? (IE if I join the imperials and kill the emperor, will other imperials know and will they turn on me?)

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

So I started all over again after playing WWE '12 over Christmas, i'm enjoying it so far, only up to the first Dragon afte Whiterun, luckily I've got Faendal helping me, and he made Bleak Falls a breeze. Looking forward to devoting a lot of time to Skyrim finally!

• Paid Members

I've also just beaten the first dragon, and now I'm doing the Companions' quests.

Was struggling, but found the perfect combo of Lydia, a bound flame Atronach, and then Firebolt in one hand and a bound sword in the other.

I feel too bad to do that - Lydia is like the follower intern or something, and I gave her the job permanently.

Im starting to get slightly more intrigued by this game, but still dubious about getting it. Basically I bought Fallout 2 and bloody hated it, and I know this has many similarities to the Fallout series.

I really want to like this, and I generally enjoy quest like games, but not sure right now. What are peoples thoughts in regards to it's similarities to the Fallout series? And what EXACTLY makes it so good?

For your references the main reasons I dislike Fallout 2 was (a) it threw me WAY too far into the deep end which is always a massive turn off for me and (b) once I got out of the bunker at about 2 hours into the game I just thought "okay... now what?" I.e. it seemed utterly directionless to me.

• Moderators

Yes! Finally found something with the soul trapping enchantment! I was having a nightmare trying to fill up soul gems because the soul trap spell takes all of my magicka to cast.

Lydia is starting to really get on my tits, and is outgrowing her usefulness. She has two purposes - to create a diversion and to be a walking suitcase. I found a staff full of Flame Atronachs that I can use as a diversion now, and there's no point looting everything I find to sell as I don't need the cash (the transmutation spell I found recently is just a license to print money; it's amazing!)

Archived