Should Weed be legalised?

RancidPunx

Should Weed be legalised ?  

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Should Weed be legalised?

If there is a demand( and money) for it then surely its in the governments interest to make it legal, regulate it and then tax it. Obviously educating the general masses on how to use it responsibly would probably be a good idea.

Taking money out of the pockets of criminals and going to the government would boost the economy also.

Or

Do you think any potential benefits of legalising it would be offset by the negative effects such as possible medical bills of people not using it responsibly, getting addicted to stronger drugs or damage to lungs etc .

I really am on the fence here and am quite ignorant as to either side's argument , so if you want to back up your vote with a short comment expelling your choice then i am sure it would lead to a good debate on the topic.

Have at it.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
People who bang on about weed are the most boring people on earth. I don't care if you smoke it, but why do you feel the need to tell me, as if it's something to be proud of?

This is the crux for me. Nothing more boring than stories about the hi-larious things you did while high while pointing at a poster of Bob Marley cos HE LIKED TO BLAZE THAT SHIT.

"Mate, imagine if David Cameron smoked a big spliff. Imagine him stoned, lol"

• Paid Members

What gets on my tits about weed is the way potheads have appropriated snacks as their own for their 'munchies'. I'm reclaiming these snacks from you Cheech & Chong bastards. I'm sick of wandering into Sainsbury's, buying a Kit-Kat Chunky and having the cashier (probably not) wonder (at all) if I've just toked on some Maui Wowie.

• Paid Members

I'm sure there are plenty of people who smoke it that don't do what Woyzeck assumes they do. In fact I don't know anyone who fits that description. None of the stoners I know come out with stories of things they did when they were high or make any reference to Bob Marley in the hilarious way you mention. Are you sure these people actually exist as you've been talking about them for years, surely if they annoyed you all those years back then you wouldn't still hang about with them?

• Moderators
I'm sure there are plenty of people who smoke it that don't do what Woyzeck assumes they do. In fact I don't know anyone who fits that description. None of the stoners I know come out with stories of things they did when they were high or make any reference to Bob Marley in the hilarious way you mention. Are you sure these people actually exist as you've been talking about them for years, surely if they annoyed you all those years back then you wouldn't still hang about with them?

Really? You've never seen these type of people? And not everyone who smokes weed is an idiot who can't shut the fuck up about it like they're funny and cool, but there are enough of them about. Look at the comments that always come out as soon as someone mentions Amsterdam, every time. If it ever got legalized, (it won't) then that's what we'll get all the time.

Really? You've never seen these type of people? And not everyone who smokes weed is an idiot who can't shut the fuck up about it like they're funny and cool, but there are enough of them about. Look at the comments that always come out as soon as someone mentions Amsterdam, every time. If it ever got legalized, (it won't) then that's what we'll get all the time.

Annoying , boasting Stoners probably still have absolutely nothing on the "man, I got so pissed up last weekend..." lot, who think that getting into a fight, cheating on "their bird" and smashing up a Bus Shelter is a "pukka night out".

• Paid Members

Annoying , boasting Stoners probably still have absolutely nothing on the "man, I got so pissed up last weekend..." lot, who think that getting into a fight, cheating on "their bird" and smashing up a Bus Shelter is a "pukka night out".

I lump them both in the same group. Blight on society.

Keep it banned, and ban booze as well if you want. Nothing worse than trying to sort out a serious legal matter than someone pissed or monged off their heads.

I lump them both in the same group. Blight on society.

But Stoners don't go around starting fights and smashing stuff up. Not to even mention domestic violence that stems from alcohol abuse, drink driving etc...

Pot heads don't cause anything like the problems that drunken idiots manage in every City Centre every weekend.

--

Anyway, that has little to do with why cannabis should or shouldn't be legalised. "Booze is legal and it's much worse than Pot" is a poor defense. There are many better ones, such as the medicinal value of cannabis (that is poorly researched even these days due to the stigma that surrounds the drug) and the fact that it is already so established that Policing it is a huge waste of time and money - every arrest just gives new dealers a chance to pick up the slack. It's simple supply and demand. You won't get rid of it, and at the moment the only people making profit from it are criminals.

Legalise it, regulate it, tax the shit out of it and use that money to make schools and hospitals better.

Used to smoke myself when I was younger and like SiMania I never knew anyone who fits that description.

• Paid Members

Maybe about 10-15 years ago there were some school then student mates like that, then we all grew up. No-one I know talks like that now, it's a very small section of weed smokers that do, if any. Where do you see these guys?

Archived