2011 UKFF UK50 - STAGE THREE (CLOSED)

Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

Again, thanks for the continued participation. 112 UKFFers submitted nominations as part of STAGE ONE, then a total of 167 qualifying votes were cast during STAGE TWO (though, for some reason, people are still voting in that poll to this day, despite it being clearly labelled as closed....).

As a result, Sha Samuels and "Lightning Kid" Mark Andrews join the 48 wrestlers who had already qualified to complete the full list of those who will place somewhere in the 7th annual UKFF UK50.

Those 50 wrestlers are, in alphabetical order (2010 ranking in brackets):

Andy Wild

Behnam Ali

BT Gunn (29)

Cameron Kraze (20)

CJ Banks (17)

Colossus Kennedy

Cyanide

"Darkside" James Scott (16)

Dave Mastiff (2)

Dean Allmark

Eddie Reyes

El Ligero (4)

Greg Burridge

Jack Gallagher

James Mason (26)

JD Knight (44)

Joe Conners (50)

Joel Redman (18)

Joey Hayes (10)

Johnny Moss (7)

Jonny Storm (13)

Kid Fite (28)

Kris Travis (6)

Liam Thomson (19)

Lightning Kid/Mark Andrews

Lionheart (11)

Mad Man Manson (25)

Mark Haskins (8)

Martin Kirby (9)

Marty Scurll (15)

Max Angelus

Mikey Whiplash (33)

Mohmed Ameen (47)

Nathan Cruz (38)

Noam Dar (43)

Owen Phoenix

Paul Malen (27)

RJ Singh (24)

Robbie X (46)

Rockstar Spud (3)

Sam Bailey (35)

Sha Samuels (30)

Stixx (12)

T-Bone (31)

Terry Frazier (23)

The Saint

Val Kabious (37)

Wild Boar/Mike Hitchman

Zack Diamond/Gibson

Zack Sabre Jr (5)

This also means that Damian O'Connor, Dave Rayne, Martin Stone and Robbie Dynamite have now been confirmed as eliminated from the process, with O'Connor (42), Stone (1) and Dynamite (36) losing their spot in the UK50 this year.

So, we have our 50 wrestlers confirmed, the only thing left to do now is to start ranking them in order. How do we do that?

Stage Three - The Rankings

Stages One and Two were about nominating any 15 people who you felt deserved a place somewhere in the UKFF UK50. In Stage Three, however, I need to know who from the list of 50 you believe to be the out-and-out best. I need your own personal actual Top 15.

1) As with Stage One, send a PM to myself on the UKFF. E-mails/Facebook messages/etc will not be accepted. This is to prove that you are a UKFF member. This is a UKFF project, after all. Feel free to share your nominations in this thread if you so desire, for the purposes of generating discussion/debate, but I will only count lists that I receive in my PM Inbox.

2) Again, as with Stage One, your PM should contain a list of up to 15 wrestlers. The difference this time, however, is that your list must be ranked in order from 1 to 15 (1 being the best) on who you believe to be the best, based on the criteria described at the start of the project (CLICK HERE for reminder). Remember, the eligibility period is 1 July 2010 to 30 June 2011, so your votes should only be based on matches you have seen actually taking place within this time frame.

3) Obviously, you can only vote for wrestlers included in the list of 50 shown above.

4) You can vote for less than 15 if you like, but definitely no more. If possible, please also include your reasons for giving these wrestlers the ranking you have. This could be just a sentence to justify their selection or point out particular matches, promotions or shows upon which you have based your decision. As with previous years, I'll be using some of these comments in the eventual write-ups.

5) Make sure you get your PM in to me by 23:59 on Friday 12 August 2011. Votes received after this deadline will not be counted.

Anyone suspected of using dual accounts or other unfair methods to weight the list or make mockery of the spirit of the project may be excluded at my discretion.

Plenty of names dropping off the list this year, being replaced by plenty of new names making their very first UKFF UK50 appearance. As always, feel free to use this thread to fuel debate and reasoning, as well as making predictions as to who you think will finish where.

I'll be popping back every now and then with updates and other bites, but now it's really over to you for the next week-and-a-half to get thinking... and get voting!!

Many thanks.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got my votes in early.

I voted for these 15, but I'm not gonna say what order.

Dean Allmark

James Mason (26)

JD Knight (44)

Joel Redman (18)

Johnny Moss (7)

Jonny Storm (13)

Lionheart (11)

Mark Haskins (8)

Marty Scurll (15)

Mikey Whiplash (33)

Paul Malen (27)

RJ Singh (24)

Rockstar Spud (3)

Stixx (12)

Zack Sabre Jr (5)

• Paid Members
No matter who wins do we end up getting a first time winner?

Yes - we do.

Doug Williams won in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008, and he is no longer eligible.

Bubblegum won in 2009 and Martin Stone won in 2010, neither of which made the cut this time around.

• Paid Members

In alphabetical order:

Behnam Ali

Eddie Reyes

Jack Gallagher

JD Knight

Jonny Storm

Kid Fite

Liam Thomson

Lightning Kid/Mark Andrews

Noam Dar

Owen Phoenix

Sha Samuels

T-Bone

The Saint

Wild Boar/Mike Hitchman

Zack Sabre Jr

List is choc full of talent this year, good luck to all 50 involved

Sorry if I've missed it but is there going to be a shitlist this year?

My Votes

1. Mark Haskins

2. Zac Sbre Jr

3. James Mason

4. Jack Gallagher

5 Owen Phoenix

6. Benham Ali

7. Mark Andrews

8. BT Gunn

9. Dave Mastiff

10.Kid Fite

11. Dean Allmark

12. Noam Dar

13. The Saint

14. Rj Singh

15. El Ligero

Sorry if I've missed it but is there going to be a shitlist this year?

My Votes

1. Mark Haskins

2. Zac Sbre Jr

3. James Mason

4. Jack Gallagher

5 Owen Phoenix

6. Benham Ali

7. Mark Andrews

8. BT Gunn

9. Dave Mastiff

10.Kid Fite

11. Dean Allmark

12. Noam Dar

13. The Saint

14. Rj Singh

15. El Ligero

THATS your Shitlist? Dude, you have massively high standards!!!

My Top 15 in order

Scurll

Kirby

El Ligero

My top 3 eventually ended up as

El Ligero

Scurll

Travis

Choosing between Ligs and Scurll for No.1 was a bit of a tough choice as they've both had some bloody good matches this last year, the match between the 2 of them at Southside was pretty much perfect in my oppinion. It's about time Ligero took the top spot though

Archived