fancying famous people

Bellenda Carlisle

• Paid Members

Hi gang,

I was writing in the unusual crushes thread and it got me thinking.

I used to love famous chicks when I was a teenager, I'd buy loads of magazines like Sky Magazine (remember that) because they'd have pictures of chicks I liked like Yasmine Bleeth (remember her?) I used to have posters of Jenny McCarthy and Drew Barrymore on my walls and I was generally an enthusiast of the particular celebrity women I liked (and there were lots of them).

Then one day I just stopped caring about them, pulled my posters down and started focusing on getting real chicks to like me.

Now I don't really care about famous women at all (I'm not some lothario who's great with real women by any means before someone thinks I'm bigging myself up but I do ok)

But I just can't imagine myself fawning over some celebrity like I used to and it surprises me that people around my age still seem to really fancy people of TV etc.

Obviously I like some actresses etc more than others and I'd love to get into Rachel Bilson's pants but I certainly don't feel like I did at age 13.

I guess it's probably an age/maturity thing but I'd be interested in hearing what other people think, maybe you're rocking Kelly Kelly posters all over your house with a wife and 2 kids running round.

Hi gang,

I was writing in the unusual crushes thread and it got me thinking.

I used to love famous chicks when I was a teenager, I'd buy loads of magazines like Sky Magazine (remember that) because they'd have pictures of chicks I liked like Yasmine Bleeth (remember her?) I used to have posters of Jenny McCarthy and Drew Barrymore on my walls and I was generally an enthusiast of the particular celebrity women I liked (and there were lots of them).

Then one day I just stopped caring about them, pulled my posters down and started focusing on getting real chicks to like me.

Now I don't really care about famous women at all (I'm not some lothario who's great with real women by any means before someone thinks I'm bigging myself up but I do ok)

But I just can't imagine myself fawning over some celebrity like I used to and it surprises me that people around my age still seem to really fancy people of TV etc.

Obviously I like some actresses etc more than others and I'd love to get into Rachel Bilson's pants but I certainly don't feel like I did at age 13.

I guess it's probably an age/maturity thing but I'd be interested in hearing what other people think, maybe you're rocking Kelly Kelly posters all over your house with a wife and 2 kids running round.

Both of which you are sorely lacking in every conceivable way.

• Paid Members

Excuse me? How can I be lacking in age?

It's said with age comes maturity, seen as you're showing neither you must be very young or some kind of cretinous defective.

• Paid Members

It's said with age comes maturity, seen as you're showing neither you must be very young or some kind of cretinous defective.

And in fairness, PSL, Yoghurt would be a particularly good judge of this specific character trait.

• Paid Members

The irony of you using the word cretinous after accusing someone of sorely lacking in age (as an insult) is just quality

I think it comes with maturity. I think you just come to terms with your own limitations, and the fact that women that look like supermodels aren't really all they're cracked up to be.

I think it comes with maturity. I think you just come to terms with your own limitations, and the fact that women that look like supermodels aren't really all they're cracked up to be.

• Paid Members
I have been zinged. I set them up by bowling a mediocre county cricket delivery, you knocked into cover for a laboured single. Kudos. Or not.

Why be Virender Sehwag when a Chris Tavare is enough to defeat a Mike Smith like you?

• Paid Members

You really do make it sound like you just switched off thinking about anyone "off telly" or famous/unattainable and thought "nah, enough of this, I'm just going to get me LAAAAAAAAAIIIID instead" and that anyone who replies saying "I'll watch any old shit if Katy Perry comes on" or "I get a semi watching Sarah Silverman" might as well just come out and say "I'm a chonic masturbator who doesn't know how to meet real girls and probably watches Shimmer too."

In fairness, I do often wish I had a third hand so I could hold Loaded steady and my sarnie in the other, but still.

• Moderators
I have been zinged. I set them up by bowling a mediocre county cricket delivery, you knocked into cover for a laboured single. Kudos. Or not.

Why be Virender Sehwag when a Chris Tavare is enough to defeat a Mike Smith like you?

He's a Chris Schofield if anyone.

Archived