Wrestlemania betting available

The Chiefdog

5 Dimes American Sports Book has betting available for Wrestlemania. For those not familiar with American style betting odds I have converted them to UK style fractional. For those not familiar with fractional odds I have put how much money you would get back for placing

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are there any limits to how much you can bet? What's stopping Vince McMahon lumping a couple of million on Michael Cole and having him win? They can do a rematch on RAW or Backlash and have Lawler go over.

I'd imagine anyone slapping that much money on wrestling would be prevented from doing so. Clearly this is a gimmick for the $1 / $2 throwaway bets to make Sunday night viewing more interesting.

If they had a market on "who leaves Wrestlemania with the belt: Cena, Miz, Other" I'd put

• Paid Members
I can't believe they allow betting on a predetermined sport! They must be mad.

There's no such thing as a poor bookmaker! The odds on the certainties are very low. They'll easily make the losses back from daft punters attracted by the better odds.

Didn't William Hill do it in this country once?

Even in a predetermined sport plans can change right up to the point of the show.

I think they changed the result of a match so that Randy Orton won instead of Triple H at one Wrestlemania because the text poll said something like 98% of people thought Tips would wins so they changed it so it would be more unpredicatble.

Who would have guessed in advance that Jonathan Coachman would beat Stone Cold Steve Austin at a pay per view and yet that was apparently the plan at one point.

• Paid Members
Didn't William Hill do it in this country once?

Powerslam said a few years ago in Q&A that William Hill had one for who would win the 2001 Royal Rumble, and for who would leave 2001 the WWF Champion.

I remember that! Jericho (who was the champ at the years end of 2001) wasn't even mentioned in the Q&A write-up, so his odds must have been long.

Fairly sure the same market was open for who'd be WWF champion at the end of 1999/beginning of 2000. Big Show was not even with the company at the beginning of 1999 so anyone who gambled on the "other" option must have done very nicely.

Archived