Central London prepares for 2-Day British Wrestling Extravaganza

FWAUK.com

In the build up to FWA Season 2, watch the new full HD, "This is the only the Begining" Trailer for BritWres-Fest 2011. Run in conjunction with multimillion pound partners Ideastap and The Old Vic and taking place in the heart of the Nation's Capital at London Bridge, BritWres-Fest was the start of something truely monumental for British Wrestling. The full events will be available soon free to view at www.fwauk.com.

In a huge coup for the British Wrestling industry, Ideas Tap are working alongside the prestigious Old Vic Theatre on London's Waterloo Embankment for a project that will showcase the industry to the Nations media and potential new fans base, like never before. A completely free two-day British Wrestling festival will take place in central London on Monday 14th and Tuesday 15th February 2011 with the top companies and wrestling in the country coming together to celebrate the resurgence of our once World respected industry. The 48 hour extravaganza will be called BritWres-Fest

2011 and is expected to be a major turning point for the industries drive to return to our TV scenes in the UK.

BritWres-Fest 2011 is set to be a very high-profile event that will give invaluable exposure for the entire industry to a new and potentially lucrative audience. For two full days, the event will take over the atmospheric Old Vic Tunnels, a series of cavernous chambers underneath Waterloo station. The much sought after venue is owned by the world famous Old Vic Theatre, whose Artistic Director is none other than Hollywood superstar Kevin Spacey.

It is understood that the chance to host this unique celebration of British Professional Wrestling was first offered to the Frontier Wrestling Alliance. However, because of its potential significance for the development of the UK scene as a whole, FWA management decided that the event should be opened up to as many of the top wrestling promotions in the country as possible. Therefore, each of the two evenings will see shows featuring guest matches from the major companies under the British Wrestling Council umbrella. Meanwhile, during the daytime events will involve free wrestling training seminars hosted by some of the most respected professional wrestling trainers in Europe.

British Wrestling Council Founder and Record Breaking British Heavyweight Champion Alex Shane is heavily involved in the event. Shane said "This is exactly the type of opportunity that we believed would be presented to us if we did the ground work to bring a heightened sense of Professionalism and Media awareness to our domestic industry. This was far too big an opportunity to simply use for the FWA alone and we are delighted that we can share Ideas Tap

So, the ring will be set up in the Old Vic Tunnels? Have I read that right? If so - frickin' cool.

Must beat/tie with Harlech Castle in Wales as THE coolest/weirdest place to ever hold a wrestling show, surely?

Although having said that Joe Legend did tell me that he once wrestled on a show held at a nudist camp, and the entire audience were naked.

• Paid Members
So, the ring will be set up in the Old Vic Tunnels? Have I read that right? If so - frickin' cool.

Must beat/tie with Harlech Castle in Wales as THE coolest/weirdest place to ever hold a wrestling show, surely?

Although having said that Joe Legend did tell me that he once wrestled on a show held at a nudist camp, and the entire audience were naked.

"If you get nervous, just imagine every one in the audience naked."

Sounds as though this could be a great event. Shame its on a monday and tuesday though as i'll be at work. Anyone know if stuff will be happening int he evenings too?

Important notice: Due to a well documented fire at the original Old Vic tunnels location; BritWres-Fest has now been moved back one week, and is in a brand new home, just 10 minutes from its original venue. This fated change in location has now allowed the event to be far larger than its predecessor.

In a huge coup for the British Wrestling industry, IdeasTap are working alongside the prestigious Old Vic Theatre on for a project that will showcase the industry to the Nations media and potential new fans base, like never before. A completely free, two-day British Wrestling festival will take place in central London on Monday 21th and Tuesday 22th February 2011 with the top companies and wrestling in the country coming together to celebrate the resurgence of our once World respected industry. The 48 hour extravaganza will be called BritWres-Fest 2011 and is expected to be a major turning point for the industries drive to return to our TV scenes in the UK.

BritWres-Fest 2011 is set to be a very high-profile event that will give invaluable exposure for the entire industry to a new and potentially lucrative audience. For two full days, the event will take at the atmospheric tunnels at Debut London (Formerly SE One), a series of cavernous chambers underneath London Bridge station. This amazing venue, with state of the art sound and lighting will be the home for the biggest day of British day to take place in our Nation

looks like its just a temporary website at the moment and I cant see any ticket info either.

I hope a schedule is released in advance as its very unlikely Ill be able to make the days but providing its do-able Id pop down for the evenings after work to checkout a free show both nights.

Anyone applied for tickets to this yet?

I went on the site and it seemed far to complicated - couldn't find the link.

I emailed the address on the website to ask how to get tickets and didn't receive a reply, so I guess they aren't too bothered about having fans attend, same as their shows.

The lack of information on what times the shows actually will be is preventing me from wanting to go anyway, seeing as I'd have to leave from work and stuff. Shame as it will probably be a lot of fun.

Good luck with this.

I'm intrigued though as to why you've chosen to run this on a monday and tuesday? Is it half term in London that week? Also, it's Valentines Day, I know my misses would kick my arse if I suggested going to something like this on that day.

I agree, really bad timing to put on a wrestling show.

Good luck with this.

I'm intrigued though as to why you've chosen to run this on a monday and tuesday? Is it half term in London that week? Also, it's Valentines Day, I know my misses would kick my arse if I suggested going to something like this on that day.

I agree, really bad timing to put on a wrestling show.

I assume you didn't see that the date has been changed to the 21st and 22nd of Feb. I agree with the lack of information though. I hope it's sorted and hyped soon though, as this is a great opportunity IF they maximise attendance potential.

Archived