worst wrestling company in the UK

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

Hi Guys

i saw some very bad (as in marginally better than A4 and a crayon) posters for a company here on the South Coast last year and it was called something like Hardcore Wrestling Britannia or some other sh*t. It has had a terrible picture of some imacinated tattoo'd teenager in what looke dlike trunks off Ebay. It was advertised as being at the local community centre. I didnt go, but a mate of mine stopped over (as he literally lived 2 minutes away). he said that the ring was atrocious, there was no PA system, and what looked to be one of the guys dad's reffereeing and announcing. It gets worse, the place was near empty and when the wrestlers came out, they were dressed in the worst attire ever. The card didnt even get started as apparently one of the wresters took a punch wrong, and ended up cluting a very bloody snoz and then a hard clotheslines, fell funny and started crying. The ref (presumed the Dad) the started on the other wrestler for hurting his 'son' and it turned intoa slanging match. Therre was appatently some loud boo'ing from thsoe who did attend, to which (infront of kids) the referee shouted "go on f***k off you f****g c****s. Dont you know this is supoposed to be fake, look at his nose , he's really hurt hi. f**k off" he then apparently started hurling abuse at the other wrestler again, ho legegd it out

anyone have any similar stories??

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Hi Guys

i saw some very bad (as in marginally better than A4 and a crayon) posters for a company here on the South Coast last year and it was called something like Hardcore Wrestling Britannia or some other sh*t. It has had a terrible picture of some imacinated tattoo'd teenager in what looke dlike trunks off Ebay. It was advertised as being at the local community centre. I didnt go, but a mate of mine stopped over (as he literally lived 2 minutes away). he said that the ring was atrocious, there was no PA system, and what looked to be one of the guys dad's reffereeing and announcing. It gets worse, the place was near empty and when the wrestlers came out, they were dressed in the worst attire ever. The card didnt even get started as apparently one of the wresters took a punch wrong, and ended up cluting a very bloody snoz and then a hard clotheslines, fell funny and started crying. The ref (presumed the Dad) the started on the other wrestler for hurting his 'son' and it turned intoa slanging match. Therre was appatently some loud boo'ing from thsoe who did attend, to which (infront of kids) the referee shouted "go on f***k off you f****g c****s. Dont you know this is supoposed to be fake, look at his nose , he's really hurt hi. f**k off" he then apparently started hurling abuse at the other wrestler again, ho legegd it out

anyone have any similar stories??

That sounds terrifically bad. Can't think of a worse showing of unprofessionalism than that if true.

Also, didn't the kid know what he was getting himself into, working a match for a promotion called "Hardcore Wrestling Britainnia"?

The poster was basically white, with what looked like a bad cut and paste job. It really did look like a 5 min bad ms paint affair.

the 2 wrestlers on the front were sporting a silly grin, it was very pixelated, but i seem to remember one of them had what looke dlike an old ecw title on the,

It was called something like Britannia (using a pilfered Britannia logo i may add) and the words wrestling, with words hardcore, and other wretsling slogas haphadardly strewn over it. i rememebr the hardcore bit, because it was bigger than the rest in a really sh*t font.

think tickets were about

Me and my friend were gonna go to 'AMERICAN WRESTLING' a few weeks ago for a laugh. The poster was done well enough but it was a really fake looking Undertaker on it that put us off, the Rey Mysterio actually looked somewhat like him but I suppose thats not too difficult.

In the end we decided not to go, in a 4 weeks span which had us seeing Fozzy live in the best gig we've ever been to and being 4th row for RAW, NXT & SD we decided we'd end up just depressed rather than entertained.

Me and my friend were gonna go to 'AMERICAN WRESTLING' a few weeks ago for a laugh. The poster was done well enough but it was a really fake looking Undertaker on it that put us off, the Rey Mysterio actually looked somewhat like him but I suppose thats not too difficult.

In the end we decided not to go, in a 4 weeks span which had us seeing Fozzy live in the best gig we've ever been to and being 4th row for RAW, NXT & SD we decided we'd end up just depressed rather than entertained.

You did yourself a favour there mate. I

What American wrestling dont have their LOD rip off called the legend of doom, or their (masked) kane rip off whos not very tall any more?

I hate it when some of thease promotions have "tribute" wrestlers.

See, I've been to a couple of these tribute shows when they were on at Woodford Leisure Centre in Hull years ago and, have to say, aside from the cheesiness of the fake Kane [who was a skinny guy in a Kane mask] the actual matches were not that bad. Infact, some of them were really good.

Same here. I've only been to one, and the fake Undertaker was the only thing wrong with the show. There were no other tribues, had there been they would have been awful too, but some of the matches were really good.

Did the Undertaker you saw do a running tombstone. He did at the one I saw in Clydebank. It was Brilliant!

Archived