Official Darts Thread

Dai

Some highlights/lowlights from the first night:Dobromyslova putting up a great fight against former BDO Number 1 Robert Thornton. Very enjoyable match. Dobromyslova is hot.The first match they showed on Sky was really poor. Not a great showcase to start the event.Richie Burnett playing abysmal.Priestley playing really well.Mardle playing shit, but still going through.Tonight it gets good, though. Couple of the best matches to look foward to:Michael van Gerwen v Robert ThorntonAdrian Lewis v Wayne MardleVincent van der Voort v Colin LloydLloyd is meant to be on fire, so look foward to see if he brings it to the TV.

Dobromyslova putting up a great fight against former BDO Number 1 Robert Thornton. Very enjoyable match. Dobromyslova is hot.

Dobromyslova was pretty dodgy when it came to trebles. She was never too far from her doubles though. Thornton seemed to be feeling the pressure of the match at times. He played much better against Anderson at the Welsh Open for the BDO even if he lost.

Priestley playing really well.

He seemed very shaky. I haven't seen much of him, but is that what he's usually like ? I know that he recently took a bit of time off, so that could also have a say in the way he plays. In saying that, he did still look decent.

Dobromyslova was pretty dodgy when it came to trebles. She was never too far from her doubles though. Thornton seemed to be feeling the pressure of the match at times. He played much better against Anderson at the Welsh Open for the BDO even if he lost.

Absolutley. Her average couldnt have been higher than 80. She stuck with it though, and was great on the doubles. Thornton played poor, but picked it up alot in the next match.

He seemed very shaky. I haven't seen much of him, but is that what he's usually like ? I know that he recently took a bit of time off, so that could also have a say in the way he plays. In saying that, he did still look decent.

I didnt notice anything different with Priestley's style. I was impressed with him, considering hes only just come back from a cancer scare

• Paid Members

Van Gerwen v Thornton tonight was a blinder. Some sublime checkouts by both of them particularly Van Gerwen early on. Then it went a bit jethro pub darts when the pressure told, Van Gerwen missing 11 darts at a double in one of the legs that he eventually lost.Priestley is out now as well.

Barney with a 9-0 whitewash, Taylor a tad annoyed with losing 3 legs and now Adrian Lewis through after beating Wayne Mardle 9-8 in a thriller. James Wade in the mix too for the 4th round, what a tournament so far.

Gerwen/Thornton was a cracking game. Big scoring, big checkouts. It went a bit shit toward the end, but still.Colin Lloyd self destructed again. 3-0 up and playing superb, and then something just went wrong and he lost 8 legs in a row. Lewis/Mardle was also a very enjoyable game. Similar to Gerwen/Thornton, in that they both started great, but went downhill at the end. Poor Mardle, he had darts to win the match, but lost the last 3 legs.Im liking the look of Scotty 2 Hotty Waites. Was superb yesterday, and was good again today.

Missed most of Saturday afternoon's sesson. However, I did see Taylor's nine-darter. He was also unbelievable in the evening game, finishing with an average of 120. He was on fire. Its not until you see some lesser players that you fully realise how awesome Taylor is.Barny was also very impressive in hs evening match. Big scoring, good finishing.Klassen/Van det Voort was also a very good game.This afternoon its Barney vs Taylor. Hopefully Barney can perform like he did yesterday, otherwise Taylor will destory him.

Waites is still in the BDO. Hes ranked 4th at the moment, only behind Anderson, Webster and Adams. He had to qualify for this event like all the other amatuers. Im not sure why he was the only BDO guy to make it, though. Not sure if anyone else whose any good from the BDO even tried. Probably not, Id guess.I think Anderson would have jumped by now if he was going to do it this year. Maybe his disaster at the World Championships put his plans on hold for a year.Anyway, Barney/Taylor was a superb game, with Barney edging it 10-9. Whilst Taylor or Barney (Taylor in particular) were not at their best, it was still a cracking game.

Can't believe Barney lost to Mawson, and especially in the way that he did. If he played as well as he had in previous rounds, he'd have mauled the guy. The problem was that Barney started to find his throw, and then suddenly let Mawson in time after time after that, and Mawson's finishing wasn't terrible.Wade was pretty good in both the semi final and final. Hadn't seen him before those two games, but he looks like he's keeping his consistancy about him.

After the Taylor epic, I half expected Barney to perform like that in the next match. A classic case of peaking too soon. Also, how he played against Mawson has been Barneys usual form in the last 6 months, and it was a case of the Taylor match being a one-off.Wade is the real deal. Miles better than Adrian Lewis. Top class player.

• 4 months later...

Should turn this into a darts topic. Didn't want to make a new topic due to a new one probably having little interest, so might as well shove everything into one. Reason for this bump ? Grand Slam of Darts is drawn tomorrow, and these are the pools.

Pool One : Phil Taylor, Raymond Van Barneveld, James Wade, Mark Webster, John Part, Gary Anderson, Terry Jenkins, Andy Hamilton

Pool Two : Mervyn King, Adrian Lewis, Colin Lloyd, Wayne Mardle, Kevin Painter, Alan Tabern, Robert Thornton, Vincent Van Der Voort

Pool Three : Daryl Fitton, Andy Jenkins, Gary Mawson, Kevin McDine, Wes Newton, Denis Ovens, Michael Van Gerwen, Simon Whitlock

Pool Four : Niels de Ruiter, Anastasia Dombrotyslova, Colin McGarry, Phil Nicholson, Phil Nixon, Kirk Shepherd, Brian Woods, Darin Young

I'd love to see Fitton, Anderson, Thornton, Nixon in a sort of BDO style group.

I like the look of a lot of matches that could happen here. The best ones would involve Webster/Anderson against the likes of Taylor/Barney/Wade.

Been watching the darts of ITV4 last week, and Taylor is just unstopable. Hes on another level to everyone else in the world. He had a 103 average, and the commentaters were saying he wasnt playing his best. He also had a stupid average like 113 in one game, too. No-one can stop him.