General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

The trailer too Alvin and The Chipmunks does look good though, to be fair...

The one with the chipmunk poo at the end? :/ I thought it looked rubbish.This one.
Agreed, it looked shite. However they could save the film simply by performing the theme from Chipminks go to the movies. Such an awesome song.

• Paid Members

There's a movie coming out called "I want someone to eat cheese with" written, directed & starring Jeff Garlin of Curb Your Enthusiam fame. It looks like the sweetest movie ever and I want to see it more than any big-ass blockbuster coming out this year. Look up the trailer.

There's a movie coming out called "I want someone to eat cheese with" written, directed & starring Jeff Garlin of Curb Your Enthusiam fame. It looks like the sweetest movie ever and I want to see it more than any big-ass blockbuster coming out this year. Look up the trailer.

Here be the trailer for those interestedIt does look great, and Jeff looks to be his awesome usual self. Plus,it's got Silverman in it! Count me in.

Here be the trailer for those interestedIt does look great, and Jeff looks to be his awesome usual self. Plus,it's got Silverman in it! Count me in.
That does look great. Anyone know when it is coming out ?

• Paid Members

That does look great. Anyone know when it is coming out ?
It came out last week in the US but only had a limited release. So the UK is probably only going to get it on DVD.

So is Southland Tales supposed to be any good? I'm a sucker for 'end of the world' type things.

It's been in production hell for ages. The director is pitching it as a sci-fi epic inspired by the stylings of Philip K Dick, with added musical numbers, yet the trailers and leaked clips seem to suggest a black comedy. It's stars The Rock, Buffy, Stifler and Trousersnake - so all in all, it's either going to be a headfuck, disaster of a film, or an enjoyable dark sci-fi film along the lines of Total Recall, or something Edited by CaptainCharisma