321 replies to this topic

#316 SpursRiot2012

SpursRiot2012

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,077 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 11:55 AM

Has anybody ever been on that MyDeathSpace page? One of the causes of death was, "Killed by another MySpace user." Which was, kind of, funny.

Posted Image
Can't wait for 3:30! See you there.
follow me on Twitter

#317 JamesTyler

JamesTyler

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 11:56 AM

That actually makes me more tempted to log into my long-forgotten VampireFreaks profile......there have been a few oddballs I've met on there that made me stop using it.
Posted Image
+ SWA Online | Online home of the Scottish Wrestling Alliance

#318 Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell

Inter-Continental Champion

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 11:56 AM

Has anybody ever been on that MyDeathSpace page?

If I had, I don't think I'd be able to tell anyone about it...
Noted fantasist and indoor sunglasses wearer.

#319 mancuniankid

mancuniankid

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 234 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 11:58 AM

Has anybody ever been on that MyDeathSpace page? One of the causes of death was, "Killed by another MySpace user." Which was, kind of, funny.

Yeah loads of times, its a shame when you see really pretty women that have killed themselves.
Posted Image

#320 dbax

dbax

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 11:59 AM

I believe there's been a few Myspace suicides, though...

It's a hangout for "different", "misunderstood" teens who reinforce each others' differentness and misunderstoodness by being similar and understanding each other, of course its users kill themselves sometimes because they'll reinforce that tendency where it exists. The same thing would happen if those same people met offline. To draw any kind of definite link is like saying that 99% of suicides in the UK have watched at least 1 episode of East Enders, therefore East Enders is to blame. That thought never occurs to those who want to make the association between something new and something bad. I've no doubt that there are murders of people who've met online - there was that manslaughter recently of a strangulation fetishist who died in a sex game with someone they'd met on an adult contacts site that was presented as murder by the press - but the same is true with people who meet via personal ads, through friends or in night clubs. On Saturday, I'm meeting some bird I met online for the first time. I have no doubt I'll still be here on Sunday.

Posted Image

#321 JamesTyler

JamesTyler

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 12:00 PM

On Saturday, I'm meeting some bird I met online for the first time. I have no doubt I'll still be here on Sunday.

Aye, but will she? :devil:
Posted Image
+ SWA Online | Online home of the Scottish Wrestling Alliance

#322 DJ Kris

DJ Kris

The Cheesemeister

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,861 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 11:13 AM

Well it won't come as a suprise that I'm not shocked the first suspect was released pending further enqiries while the second was actually charged with all five murders, after all, I predicted as much. What did shock me is when I switched on the news and heard these words for our media "It's it important to remember that nobody has been found guilty at this point..." I'm thinking they've been in shit for releasing the details of the first guy. :laugh: