Red Light Killings in Ipswich

Psygnosis

I was musing, I was musing because most murder cases I've followed in the media almost never end with the first person arrested, they usually arrest some people so they can detain them for questioning wether under suspicion of guilt or not.

Nobody is arrested if they're not under suspicion of guilt. They've arrested him because they think he's guilty. Whether they've got enough evidence to charge him, or they're just trying to get him to confess is another matter.It seems to me that it is far more rare for police to arrest someone for murder, release them, then arrest and charge someone else, than it is for them to get it right first time. In fact, I can't remember a single case off the top of my head where that's happened. Maybe I haven't followed enough murder cases and you can help me out. I was just very surprised by your statement, and shocked that the police would arrest the wrong man far more often than they get the right one.
well off the top of my head there's that Michael Stone character charged with killing Lynn and Megan Russle. Also hasn't there been multiple arrests for the guy who attacked and almost killed the woman who was pregnant?It's natural that they arrest, question and release people that they have on their list of 50 suspects. They have to eliminate them and sometimes that's the only way to do it.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Why do they keep calling him a "Ripper" when there was no "ripping" involved?

Because he copies albums and DVDs for a living?
Not only was that a very poor attempt by you, it's also a little late.
Sorry, I've not been paying attention to this thread. I only read the important stuff like Deal Or No Deal and Dragon Butter.Besides, I'm disappointed no one else has said it. It's obviously the first step to a life of crime - one day you're breaking copyright, the next you're breaking skulls. These trends need to be caught early.
Sickboy already said it the page before.

Suspiciously, I have noticed that his myspace has been edited within the last 6 hours, yet he hasn't logged-in for over a month. Hmmm :nerd: - nevermind, it appears that a girl deleted herself from his page as a friend...

Edited by KRS

the myspace profile has been deleted now :(hang on, I just realised, a few hours after the link to his profile was posted on UKFF, it gets deleted.THE KILLER IS ON THE UKFF OMMMG

Edited by frank

• Paid Members

Nobody is arrested if they're not under suspicion of guilt. They've arrested him because they think he's guilty. Whether they've got enough evidence to charge him, or they're just trying to get him to confess is another matter.

No, they've arrested him because they think he might be guilty, doesn't mean he is and doesn't mean they are convinced he is. Otherwise he'd have been charged, which at this point he hasn't been. Again, that doesn't mean he won't be, but trial by UKFF is far to accurate to be correct.

Nobody is arrested if they're not under suspicion of guilt. They've arrested him because they think he's guilty. Whether they've got enough evidence to charge him, or they're just trying to get him to confess is another matter.

No, they've arrested him because they think he might be guilty, doesn't mean he is and doesn't mean they are convinced he is. Otherwise he'd have been charged, which at this point he hasn't been. Again, that doesn't mean he won't be, but trial by UKFF is far to accurate to be correct.
Well you soundly defeated that strawman.

• Paid Members
or it could be like DJ Stevie C said, sometimes they arrest several "Suspects" before they get their man. I'm hearing stories of possible further arrests too.From chatting to people in the pub last night, a lot shared the view that the Police are probably right with the first guy else they made a huge mistake releasing his name, but all felt something didn't feel right about it. Some felt it all seemed too quick and that they were far too quick to release his details, almost as if they just want people to think they're not incompetent.

The thing is, if the fuzz weren't 100% confident, then they would never have released his name. How many times have we heard "a man" has been arrested, yet this time, they give his name, address and even his fucking myspace page. Its as though they've realised that they've got the right guy, as if they're now wrong, they're facing a huge wrongful arrest case and a Maxine Carr style name and address change for annonymity.