Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Not specifically. Just a homage to the ballrooms where all the kids would go see bands in the 60s. Mine actually is under the sea though, and has a glass roof.

• Paid Members

So i lost my phone/got pick-pocketed yesterday at Leeds Slam Dunk festival. Just contacted 02 to cancel the SIM, However, there is a problem; the phone was only two months into a 24-month contract and being the tight arse that i am, i didn't take insurance. My house insurance doesn't cover it either. 02 said my only options are to pay off the rest of contract and get a new handset (£440 that i don't have) or just take out another contract and continue paying for the other one at the same time.

Has anybody been in a similar situation and/or have any ideas of how to make this easier? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Paid Members

I was planning on doing that but needed to cancel my SIM. I was scared someone would hack into my phone and make insane long distance phone calls or call up my boss to call him a cunt or something.

What kind of phone do you have? With iPhones at least it is really easy to wipe the phone and lock it from iCloud.

• Paid Members

I was planning on doing that but needed to cancel my SIM. I was scared someone would hack into my phone and make insane long distance phone calls or call up my boss to call him a cunt or something.

What kind of phone do you have? With iPhones at least it is really easy to wipe the phone and lock it from iCloud.

It's a Sony Z3. I hadn't gone into setting up the online sync settings as i was more concerned with actually having a phone that worked (i had a Samsung S3 Mini before that. Horriblie piece of shite).

I think if all else fails, i'm just going to buy the same phone from Very and pay if off on top of the 02 bill. Couldn't of happened at a worst time but it's my fault for not taking the insurance.

• Paid Members

Yeah, you really need to be setting up the ability to wipe and lock your phone from the web first thing. It's one of the (many) reasons I won't get an Apple Watch apparently it's very easy for a theif to wipe them.

Ive read and seen many horror storys of phones getting nicked.lost/broken at gigs, brand new iphones shattered into a thousand pieces!

While its too late now, a good idea is to have a shitty payg phone that you can get for less than a tenner, stick on some credit and if you are going to a gig, take that one instead, so if it gets lost, it does not really matter too much

I have a shitty phone by choice as people would rather have actual aids than bother to contact me!

Pockets with zips are your friend. Combat trousers for standalone shows/one dayers, whereas the trackie bottoms/shorts get a run at weekenders

• Paid Members

Does anybody know when the UFC shows appear on demand on the BT Sport app?

They don't. Well, the main 'numbered' PPV shows don't, assuming you were wondering about last Saturday's.

They normally just have highlight videos of the show up in the On Demand section, usually the next day (with spoilerific titles)

Does anyone know how to create a fan page on Facebook where several accounts can administrate? That used to be a straight forward thing but I can't for the life of me work it out now. The page just keeps attaching itself to my account.

Cheers.

• Paid Members

Go into your page and click settings top right. Select Page Roles from the menu on the left and then type the name of the people and select the role you want them to have on the page, e.g. admin, editor, moderator, etc.

Go into your page and click settings top right. Select Page Roles from the menu on the left and then type the name of the people and select the role you want them to have on the page, e.g. admin, editor, moderator, etc.

Top man. Thank you very much.

Archived