Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

There are writers on here I know.

What's the standard window publishers look for around word count? I'm assuming in the edit they have a standard target they look at as marketable for things like that.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm thinking of entering a competition to win a presenting slot on Ideal World shopping channel.  You have to upload a video where you 'sell'  an ordinary household object which will go to a public/panel vote.

So i'm thinking personality wise, they want someone bright, engaging etc, obviously, so everyone will be hitting that spot, but what I want to try and do is choose a really obscure item that I could invent lots of ridiculous, spurious uses for.

Where better to ask for suggestions than this place?

• Paid Members

This site has four varients listed (if you click on the blue text "1851 P, 1851 O" etc) it will bring up an image of each. Prices range, as with most things, by condition; http://www.usacoinbook.com/coins/gold-dollars/liberty-head/

Mine's an O, and the condition is pretty much that of the example pic.

I'm more concerned over where the best place to sell it would be.

Sorry; yes, I'm a tit. A relative of mine has always done quite well selling stamps (good stamps) via auctions on www.the-saleroom.com. As these are proper auction houses, I've been to a few in person and the coins have a) always had buyers and b) seemed to have gone for a fair whack. The Sale Room seem to broaden the audience by linking all these auction houses up online.

I'm thinking of entering a competition to win a presenting slot on Ideal World shopping channel. You have to upload a video where you 'sell' an ordinary household object which will go to a public/panel vote.

So i'm thinking personality wise, they want someone bright, engaging etc, obviously, so everyone will be hitting that spot, but what I want to try and do is choose a really obscure item that I could invent lots of ridiculous, spurious uses for.

Bog roll holder. Sell it to me...

• Paid Members

I'm thinking of entering a competition to win a presenting slot on Ideal World shopping channel. You have to upload a video where you 'sell' an ordinary household object which will go to a public/panel vote.

Big roll holder. Sell it to me...

It's not a used toilet roll. *That* is a play telescope. I've drawn a picture of Sue Carpenter in a bikini on the beach at one end...

• Paid Members

There are writers on here I know.

What's the standard window publishers look for around word count? I'm assuming in the edit they have a standard target they look at as marketable for things like that.

For novels, 80-100k, unless it's fantasy, then go nuts.

Thanks. I've started writing up what diary's I still have intact and filling in some blanks before I forget the other half of what I've been up to so far in life (its not a lot of note to be fair) and as I was typing up at a snails pace it got me wondering about it.

• Moderators

I'm thinking of entering a competition to win a presenting slot on Ideal World shopping channel.  You have to upload a video where you 'sell'  an ordinary household object which will go to a public/panel vote.

I am so entering.

• Paid Members

DO IT! Let's go head to head...

I can't read that without imagine you immediately following up with "But I hope you leave enough room for my fist 'cause I'm going to ram into your stomach and break your goddamn spine!"

Archived