Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

It's different for everyone Children of Bodom I know a bloke who no matter what tragedy befalls him gives himself three days to get over it and moves on. I was incredibly skeptical at first but find his positive thinking has really rubbed off on me and helped me brush off some things that would have dominated my mind for ages a few months back. Obviously that's an extreme example. Your condition will probably play a part in it but go and pay your respects and try to move on, although it is very tragic he was not a big part of your life.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

How long does grieffing over a family member take.

How long is a piece of string? It's one of those things that differs for everyone. It's not like there's hard and fast rules to grief.

I'm still grieving after 15 years for my Dad. It's not as bad as it was for the first couple of years. Time really does help.

What with BBC doing the Eastenders week, plus me loving a 'who done it' storyline, I was wondering if I could watch this weeks Eastenders without watching any previous ones & still enjoy it?

Or is it imperative that you have followed for months? I watched like 10 years ago, and I have seen bits and pieces whenever Danny Dyer tries to promote it, but only one full episode.

That was the Christmas one we had. So I recognised Ian and Max, but no clue on anyone else and I remember something like a necklace from a girl showing up (may have been the victim in this storyline?). But that's about it what I remember.

So would it be completely pointless me watching it for this week, or will I be able to follow what's going on?

(This is about as lazy as you can get attempt to be a part of a big storyline.)

• Moderators

I need to get some new tyres.. I was wondering if anyone has any tips on the best places to get a good price on them? I'm looking for good tyres btw, not budget ones - just don't want to pay over the odds for them. All the normal places (kwik-fit etc) are coming out around the same price but just thought I'd check if I'm missing a trick before I go for it - replacing all 4 tyres at once is going to be mighty costly :hmmm:

Archived