Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

You're very welcome, sir! I'm glad you liked it. I was a bit disappointed with the colours and, if I'd had time, would've started again. But really pleased you like it anyway :)

Like it, I love it. My folks won't stop talking about it too.

For me it's always instant, but I can't remember if I had to do something to facilitate that, upgrade the Paypal account to business or something. Have you checked your bank account and it's not in?

Yes, I've checked and it's not in. Last week I withdrew and it said it would take up to two hours, althogh it was instant. This time "up to 24 hours". I have 14 pence to last me to Friday. Fucked!

Ah yeah that was my first thought but I have a distinctive scratch on the back of it which is still there. The phone is actually stuck in recovery mode and my last backup was last April. I'm just not sure why a screen replacement would then require me to restore it to factory settings.

• Paid Members

What's all this "coding" lark people are on about? There's celebrity folk saying that kids should be being taught coding in school as if it's a second language, and now there's the Barclay's advert, but to me that's just someone selecting commands from a drop down menu.

I think it's a good thing. To a lot of people colourful dropdowns like those will look daunting. If they're going to get parents and kids interested in computer coding then it's how they'll have to market it for now. There was fuck all for me in terms of learning computing at school apart from those IT "lessons" where you'd learn the absolute basics.

Archived