Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

Anyone got much experience dealing with UCAS? I'm applying to go back to uni in September and filled out my application mid November, pending a reference from one of my old college tutors. I'd been waiting on the reference since then until this week when I decided to chase it up, turns out the tutor never got an e-mail from UCAS asking him to provide a reference. I had to log in to my application, delete all the information I had saved for my reference, then type them back in (nothing had changed, everything I'd put down on the form was right) and save them. This time he got an e-mail from them and completed and submitted my reference, but they still don't have it. Their only correspondence so far has been suggesting we do everything we've already done, it's pretty obvious that the problem is on their end but I'm the one who needs to fix it. The deadline for applications is in 6 days, so I have until then to get everything sorted, but they're really not making this easy for me. Anyone know anything about this kind of issue, similar issues with UCAS, or failing that, what drugs I should be taking to try not to blow a gasket over their systems potentially fucking up my future?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to O2 I have used all of my 5GB data allowance on my phone. The 5GB monthly allowance only started on 2nd January. There is no way I have used 5GB in a week. Especially considering how vigilant I am about being connected to WiFi whenever possible.

I did a live chat with one of their "gurus" and all they kept reiterating was that I had used up my monthly allowance. That the MyO2 app would tell me my useage. Then on 2nd February I could check a breakdown of when my data was used.

Does anyone think it's worth phoning O2 to try and get this resolved as I'm adamant I've not used that much. Don't want to spend money and time chasing a lost cause.

Think I'll be leaving them once my contract is up in September. A heap o pish!

If it went on your Minutes date etc and is part of the plan then they can track the usuage no problems. However if it went on mid month then it may be part instead of all. Yes they are fuckers for that

• Paid Members

England already had a plethera of other defenders at the time. Around the arse end of his career, he tried to get a few Rep. of Ireland caps, but he didn't get them. I see his son has been capped a few times from them.

ADDED: See Alex Bruce is playing for Northern Ireland now. How does that work if he's already had caps from the Rep.Ireland? Cheers!

England already had a plethera of other defenders at the time. Around the arse end of his career, he tried to get a few Rep. of Ireland caps, but he didn't get them. I see his son has been capped a few times from them.

ADDED: See Alex Bruce is playing for Northern Ireland now. How does that work if he's already had caps from the Rep.Ireland? Cheers!

It used to be the case that if you played in a friendly but not competative internationals that you could change nations. Diego Costa did it recently from Brazil to Spain I'm not sure that is still current though.

What's the best way to invoice somebody online? If they don't have a PayPal account, can I still send them a PayPal invoice and they pay with debit/credit card?

You can still pay a Paypal invoice without signing up for an account, Ive paid for plenty of items without an account.

Anyone got much experience dealing with UCAS? I'm applying to go back to uni in September and filled out my application mid November, pending a reference from one of my old college tutors. I'd been waiting on the reference since then until this week when I decided to chase it up, turns out the tutor never got an e-mail from UCAS asking him to provide a reference. I had to log in to my application, delete all the information I had saved for my reference, then type them back in (nothing had changed, everything I'd put down on the form was right) and save them. This time he got an e-mail from them and completed and submitted my reference, but they still don't have it. Their only correspondence so far has been suggesting we do everything we've already done, it's pretty obvious that the problem is on their end but I'm the one who needs to fix it. The deadline for applications is in 6 days, so I have until then to get everything sorted, but they're really not making this easy for me. Anyone know anything about this kind of issue, similar issues with UCAS, or failing that, what drugs I should be taking to try not to blow a gasket over their systems potentially fucking up my future?

Have you paid for your application? Once the reference is submitted, paying for it is the last step and then it goes to wherever you've applied.

January 15: although that is the published closing date, you can still submit applications after that date. Universities will consider it if they still have places available, but it might be worth giving them a call first and making sure.

Archived