Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Strange place to ask this, but it's the off-topic questions thread, so what the hell.

On the Sky Store at the minute in the TV Boxsets section, all 7 seasons of The Soprano's are available to watch.  It says they're availablke until October 11th.  If i download them all to my Sky Hard Drive, will they automatically delete themselves after this date, or is that date just the time I have to download them all to the hard drive?

If you download them to your planner before then, they should stay there after that date. October 11th will be the date that it is removed from the OnDemand. Having said that get removed and then added back again

If you want to go the other route and by them on DVD, Amazon have the complete set for £45 (£39 onthe marketplace) or the recently released BluRay complete collection is £100 (£94 in the marketplace)

• Paid Members

You were a TV License officer? All sorts of Bad Lieutenant..

It was bad. I've no idea how I got that job. At the time I was doing insane amounts of speed before going out knocking on doors and giving people official cautions and taking statements. I didn't keep at it long.

Got a new job and I'm just looking into travel arrangements. I've never used an Oyster card before as I've always had my season ticket paid for me by my former companies so I'm just trying to work out if I can save money paying daily via Oyster as some days I'll be working from home now.

On the TFL website it states peak times are: 

Monday to Friday from 0630 to 0930 and from 1600 to 1900.

So if I touch in before 6.30 and touch out after this time (i.e. in off peak, out on peak) what do I end up paying? On or off? I can't find a clear explanation on their website. Thanks 

• Paid Members

You were a TV License officer? All sorts of Bad Lieutenant..

It was bad. I've no idea how I got that job. At the time I was doing insane amounts of speed before going out knocking on doors and giving people official cautions and taking statements. I didn't keep at it long.

A lad I used to work with was ex-TV Licensing and told me it was one of the dodgiest places he's worked for shady tactics so that they can hit their targets. He's now a used car salesman.

Yes, sort it out before your move, most companies will connect you immediately. They'll ask you for a meter reading and stuff like that, try and get access before you move, if possible.

I moved into my flat around 3 months ago. I rang the electricity and gas company and told them id moved in and gave them the meter reading. The girl on the phone seemed pretty thick and to this date I still havent received a bill, acknowledgement letter or anything and the electricity and gas is still working. TBH I just see moving into a new flat as a game to see how long you can get away with paying for things.

• Paid Members

I had free gas for over 4 years once. Same scenario, we phoned them with a meter reading and never heard anything back.

I managed 6 months. All three of us flatmates rang the gas provider to try and set up an account, but the call centre staff insisted that there was no gas supply at the property. Shame it was only the heating and the cooker was electric.

If you download them to your planner before then, they should stay there after that date. October 11th will be the date that it is removed from the OnDemand. Having said that get removed and then added back again

If you want to go the other route and by them on DVD, Amazon have the complete set for £45 (£39 onthe marketplace) or the recently released BluRay complete collection is £100 (£94 in the marketplace)

Cheers.  I've started downloading them to my sky box.  Got seasons 1-3 on there so far.  I've never actually watched it, so thought I'd give it a try.

• Moderators

I feel a ponce asking this, but I'm looking for one or two men's autumnal fragrances for everyday use. Any suggestions? I'm new to this.

Seeing as you're one of the people that decided all fashion is shit and following trends is for suckers (in the Cunt Fashion thread), why don't you just go to a department store and sniff some smells and see what you like instead of asking other people to recommend you an "autumnal fragrance for everyday use" like the total ponce you have correctly identified yourself as.

Seriously though. Just go buy a smell you like.

Archived