Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

Any Bat fans out there? The Blu-ray set of the original TV series is available from Amazon in the UK. As good as it is to see this finally get a release the price is pretty steep.

Great collectors item though with the mini Batmobile. I wonder if Jerry Lawler has it pre ordered?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Batman-Complete-Limited-Exclusive-Amazon-co-uk/dp/B00M8B8XWG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411140062&sr=8-1&keywords=batman+tv+series+blu+ray

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

For something that is 120 episodes on BluRay (13 discs) with 3 hours of extras and collectables thrown in too, I'd say that price is fair for what it is.

If that has (possibly mythical) home movie footage of Burt Ward sparring with Bruce Lee in the hotel, then I'm having that.

Me and the wife are staying in London for a few days next month (13-16). I haven't been for years and was wondering about Underground fares and the such. With us only being there a few days is it better just pay cash or can you get an Oyster card? If so, how do you go about getting one, can you just but them at stations?

She's booked the hotel so I'm not sure where that is exactly but I know we're doing the zoo at Regent Park (so that's either Chalk Farm or Baker Street and walk through) and doing stuff in Covent Garden (so either go to Piccadilly Circus and walk or take the tube all the way to Holbon.

Looking the website it seems to be saying £2.80 for a single, but like I say I'm not sure exactly where the hotel is.

If I can top it up with more if I spend £20, then we should be ok

• Paid Members

Can anyone explain to me why, when you try to rent through an agency, they want to do credit checks? I'm not asking them to borrow me money. In fact, I'm giving them £2000 up front as a deposit and advance, plus £100 to do all the contract shit and actually perform a credit check. I don't get it at all. My credit is horrible, my girlfriends is fine. But they want to credit check us both, even though we meet the income requirements and all that.

• Paid Members

I'd imagine it's in case you've got a history of running up a lot of arrears and then fucking off?

I don't think they see the same stuff as, say, a credit card company would. I had a look at my file last month (free trial on checkmyfile.com) and it had a different rating that's available to landlords. That was actually really good despite my overall rating being rather crap.

I work for a Lettings agent and it's not a credit check per se, but more a previous landlord check/employment check. We'll check that you weren't in arrears with your previous property and/or paid rent on time. Also it's a check on your current employment, and whether that is likely to change during the tenancy - thus affecting your ability to pay rent.

The deposit you put down is to cover any damages there may be at the end of the tenancy, it doesn't secure anything at this stage.

They are a rip off though, our firm charges £100 per person, then outsources the actually check to another company who charge £21 a pop, netting a £79 profit per customer per tenancy. It's bollocks really, and just another money making scheme.

Archived