Photo

What gigs are you going to in the next few months?

• Please log in to reply
3013 replies to this topic

#1876 Harvey Dent

Harvey Dent

In Training

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:09 AM

Off to Hammersmith tonight for 3 Doors Down and Seether, got Steel Panther and Black Stone Cherry booked before April, and fingers crossed Slash as a pre-Download gig en route to Donington.

I'm going to that, should be a great night. Also going to see Eddie Vedder at Hammersmith at tue end of July. Always wanted to see him solo.

#1877 Kenny McBride

Kenny McBride

Inter-Continental Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

Last night I saw Annie Lennox perform in front of a crowd of about 200. Just her and a piano. Here Comes The Rain Again reworked as a torch song and Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves as a mad blues stomp were just spectacular.
There is one mark you cannot beat -
the mark within.
- William S. Burroughs

ITV Wrestling - The Ultimate Archive~!

#1878 Richie Freebird

Richie Freebird

• Sig/Avatar Abusers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

Last night I saw Annie Lennox perform in front of a crowd of about 200. Just her and a piano. Here Comes The Rain Again reworked as a torch song and Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves as a mad blues stomp were just spectacular.

Awesome, I bet that was an experience. Iíve always liked her own / the Eurythmics music.

Posted Image

Provided by the UKFF 'Ugly Sig' Police

#1879 bigfoote

bigfoote

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:51 PM

Off to Hammersmith tonight for 3 Doors Down and Seether, got Steel Panther and Black Stone Cherry booked before April, and fingers crossed Slash as a pre-Download gig en route to Donington.

Went to 3 doors down/ seether last night. 3 Doors Down were great with a mix of new and old songs. But Seether I found disappointing, never seen them as a 3 piece before and they have butchered some songs to compensate

Enjoyed Takida, and totally agree Seether didn't live up to previous performances. 3 Doors Down however (and yes I am a huge fan), were amazing as expected, and Another Day in Paradise was a nice touch.

Dusty Rhodes produces a wonderful seed for pro wrestling, and I wish he could find a third lady to sleep with him once so we could eventually have another Rhodes.

What I call it, Gene, is emotion. This great sport and the World Wrestling Federation is built on emot..i..o..n.

The mans swallowed enough roids and pills that when he does die, his coffin will have a child proof lid!!!

You are foolish for liking this genre of music, and I balk at your request and scoff in a pretentious manner

#1880 Ebb

Ebb

World Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,460 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

went to Hammerfest over the weekend, absolute mess of a weekend. Good times were had, we completely slacked on the music though. Only managed to catch a few bands. Chimaira were great on Friday, always good for a live show. That was pretty much it for me, we did see Anthrax but i remember none of it other than singing along to Anti-Social which i remember vaguely. Boys i was with said Anthrax were boring but i put that down to the fact that it was midnight at the end of a day of beer.

Saturday we got to see Hell open the main stage which was just f'n weird. I saw em at Bloodstock last year and they are just f'n bonkers. Like a strange mix of theater and heavy metal, i don't get it but i do find em pretty funny (even though it isn't meant to be funny). Night took a turn for the worse after that and we got smashed, did catch Skindred headline though and they were f'n brilliant. If there's a better live rock band anywhere in the world i'll eat my own shit. I've seen Skindred about 10 times probably and despite not being a fan, i'll always goto see em live. There aint many bands that can get a bunch of middle aged, hairy as fuck metal fans bouncing like teenagers, Skindred are probably the only one.

Great weekend, i highly recommend Hammerfest as an experience, it's good shit.

l_2008-topps-chrome-wwe-heritage-iii-84-

#1881 Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,203 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

Action Bronson on Sunday wooo! Also, have booked Freddie Gibbs for 13th April. Also, saw that Lauryn Hill is coming over for a one-off London show sometime soon. Tempted. Tickets are real expensive (~£50) but at least it's at a pretty small venue. Hmmm. Probably won't bother, ultimately. But it would be nice to see her.
Noted fantasist and indoor sunglasses wearer.

#1882 Ebb

Ebb

World Champion

• Members
  • 13,460 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

forgot to mention i went to see The Presidents of the United States of America a few weeks back in Bristol, definitly an odd curiosity of a band, but they still have a devoted following. The show was billed as them performing their debut in full so i had to go (i kinda lost track after the first two records, it was when i went through my hardcore stage). Fucking amazing! The band opened with about 5 random tunes before launching into the debut album, front-to-back. Without doubt one of the most fun shows ive ever been too, the band are so stupidly happy on stage it creates an infectious energy. Show of the year for me (so far).

#1883 Ebb

Ebb

World Champion

• Members
  • 13,460 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:11 AM

never thought i'd get the chance, but im going to see Kerbdog on Saturday :) fuck yeah!

#1884 lightningxlock

lightningxlock

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

Well, I never made it to Obscura/Spawn of Posession. Shame really but I couldn't be bothered and didn't want to miss any of Mania. Gonna try and get to these this month: This Will Destroy You Absu/Vreid/Impiety Russian Circles/Deafheaven

#1885 Kenny McBride

Kenny McBride

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

Just got me Garbage tickets for July. Should be a bunch of fun. Also got Skindred and Therapy? For a fiver. Oh yes.
There is one mark you cannot beat -
the mark within.
- William S. Burroughs

ITV Wrestling - The Ultimate Archive~!

#1886 DEF

DEF

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:24 PM

Hey guys thought this might be the place to ask. I'm planning on going to the Troma night at the Prince Charles cinema in May. Any recommendations on ultra cheap hotels/B&B/hostels near to Leicester Square? I'm rarely ever in London so don't know the first place to start. I must stress CHEAP. Am I deluded?

#1887 Philo_Vance

Philo_Vance

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 349 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:00 AM

Just got home from Andrew WK in London. Mate was buying tickets and I got him to grab a couple on a whim for me and Mrs Vance. Didn't know what to expect. I loved the obvious songs years ago, Party Hard, We Want Fun, She Is Beautiful, etc. But went along not knowing whether it would be one of those gigs where you're just waiting for the handful of hits and the rest is kinda dull. As it turned out, it was fucking mental. 4 of us went, ended up right at the front, just stupid good fun. Turns out I know more Andrew WK songs than I thought. People generally complain that all his songs sound the same, but that can be an advantage sometimes I reckon, especially if they all happen to be poppy and stupid and easy to dance to.. The bouncers gave up trying to keep people of stage pretty early on, it was just a ridiculous fucking party. Lovely. My only complaint, speaking as someone of 30 who spent my teenage years and early 20s, when I was fit and slim, jumping off of stages, speaker stacks, balconies etc, is that those kind of activities are better suited to the youngsters. i don't mind an 11 stone teenager landing on my head so much while I'm dancing, but if you're thirty-something, 18 stone and stink of shit, you probably ought to jack it in. Christ, I'm 14 stone now and I wouldn't want to inflict my corpulent mass on a group of people, so what some of the fat cunts at this show were thinking escapes me. Also, a word on the support band, Turbowolf. Going into the gig, I hated the name, and expected bad metal. On the way in, my mate mentioned that their drummer is Blakey that used to be in Captain Everything, and before that, Grebo. We've put both of those bands on loads of times, so I was curious to see him playing anything other than doubletime pop-punk. In the event, they were rather good. Definite seventies rock vibe, the only way I can describe them is sounding like a cross between Clutch and Kiss, with a Fran Zappa lookalike singing. Quite impressed.

Edited by Philo_Vance, 13 April 2012 - 01:06 AM.

#1888 insert_name_here

insert_name_here

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:36 AM

Just got my tickets to see Elvis Costello in May at Newcastle City Hall. I'm really looking forward to seeing him and from what i've heard it should be a cracking night
Posted Image

#1889 KingOfMetal

KingOfMetal

Mid Carder

• Account Disabled
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,947 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:25 AM

People generally complain that all his songs sound the same, but that can be an advantage sometimes I reckon, especially if they all happen to be poppy and stupid and easy to dance to.

"When I finshed recording that first track, I loved it SOOOO much, I just wanted to record it again and again and again and again!"

- Andrew W.K., circa 2002 to a cocky-cunt from the NME

I'm in Manchester tonight for Andrew W.K. at the Academy. I saw him at Manchester Academy 3 in 2003 after seeing him at Nottingham Rock City 4 days earlier, met him at both shows and was convinced I was stalking him. Probs didn't help busting out a photo of me with him to sign from when I met him at Leeds Festival 2002 after I'd sung 'party Till You Puke' with him (down the front row, not on-stage).
I have a sealed copy of his 'Party Till You Puke' EP (pre 'I GetWet' album), not sure to take it along tonight to get signed or not. Like i say, its still in the shrink-wrap, so it is quite a rarity, think there was only 1000 copies made - Party Till You Puke EP

Can anyone recommend me somewhere nearby to park near manchester cademy tonight (Oxford Road, Manchester) that's not going to cost me an arm and a leg but also fairly safe

#1890 ColinBollocks

ColinBollocks

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

I've purchased some tickets to see Sparks in October. They're playing in Edinburgh too, so it's only a quick train journey. Braw.

Posted Image