Great Wrestling Promo Transcripts

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I wish somebody would type up Jake Roberts pre-match interview prior to his match with DiBiase at Wrestlemania 6. Fucking awesome. Even better than his Survivor Series '91/Tuesday in Texas efforts.

Now added, If anyone knows the last word, let me know. I couldn't work it out. It sounds like Everest, but that doesn't go.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish somebody would type up Jake Roberts pre-match interview prior to his match with DiBiase at Wrestlemania 6. Fucking awesome. Even better than his Survivor Series '91/Tuesday in Texas efforts.

Now added, If anyone knows the last word, let me know. I couldn't work it out. It sounds like Everest, but that doesn't go.
It's avarice, as in one of the seven deadly sins. Otherwise known as greed.

Ric Flair, Nitro, 14/09/98

"My God, thank you. Thank you very much. I'm almost embarrassed by the response, but when I see this, I know that the twenty five years that I've spent trying to make you happy every night of your life was worth every damn minute of it.""Now, somebody told me that the Horsemen were having a party tonight in Greenville! Could that be true that the most elite group, that Eric Bischoff said was dead, is alive and well? Bischoff, this might be my only shot, and I've got to tell you, I'm going to make it my best.""Is this what you call a great moment in TV? That's wrong, because this is REAL! This is not bought and paid for! It's a real life situation! Just like the night in Columbia, South Carolina (when Arn Anderson retired), when you looked at me, tears in my eyes, and said "God, that's good TV", it was real! Arn Anderson passed the torch, it was real, damn it! You think Sting was crying in the dressing room like I was on TV if it wasn't real? This guy, my best friend, is one of the greatest performers who ever lived, and you, you squashed him, in one night. Then you get on the phone and tell me, 'disband the Horsemen, they're dead.' Disband the Horsemen, me? You know what, I looked at myself in the mirror the next day and I saw a pathetic figure that gave up and quit! And for that, I owe you, the wrestling fans, I owe these guys an apology. Because it won't happen again!"Eric Bischoff started walking down the aisle, saying "You're finished Flair!"Flair responded, "Bischoff, whatever you think...no, you're an overbearing asshole! That's right! You're obnoxious, you're an obnoxious, overbearing ass! Abuse of power! You! Abuse of power! Cut me off! Come on! It's called abuse of power! (Flair threw down his jacket) You suck! You, I hate your guts. I hate your guts. You are a liar, you're a cheat, you're a scam, you are a no good son of a (bitch, which was muted on the broadcast). Fire me? I'm already fired! Fire me! I'm already fired!"

Flair's speech on the last Nitro's good, could we get that posted?EDIT: Oh, and something from Raven.

Edited by MFrV1

Has anyone any classic Hogan ones. I seem to recall some along the lines of "let me tell you something mean gene, when you've walked through the valley of death brother, when you've slammed the 800lb giant in front of 200,000 people brother", etc. I would love to read a full transcript of one of his as they were priceless with his little boasts.

Seeing as it was this thread that finally persuaded me to type these babies up, I figure I ought to actually add them in here. This is Steve Austin's promo from the 10/10/95 ECW TV show. It became pretty famous when everything he said in it came true. :)

A couple weeks ago, when Eric Bischoff told his secretary to tell her secretary to leave a message on my answering machine for me to call Eric Bischoff and then I called Eric Bischoff and he proceeded to fire me over the phone, I thought a big cloud was lifted off the career of Steve Austin. Because gone were the days when I

Thats not the full Paul E one though, is it? That was the edited TV version. Isnt there a version floating around, unedited? When he talks about Sammartino or Bassie?

Ive just seen it (a version with added music and clips) in The Internet Collection Vol III. I seem to remember the Bruno and Blassie comments but im not sure. Can anyone confirm/Refute this ?Anyone got the Rock/Booker T/Goldust skit from KOTR 2002 ? Edited by masstransit

Flair's speech on the last Nitro's good, could we get that posted?

Ric Flair on the final Monday Nitro from the Flair DVD---------Schiavone: Listen to that would you!!!Hudson: THAT can only mean one thing!Schiavone: Who means more to WCW? Who means WCW anymore than the man you're watching take that long walk, here on Monday Nitro? It is 'Nature Boy' Ric FlairHudson: Who represented World Championship Wrestling above all others? Whose face was identified with WCW more than any other? The man stepping into the ring, the fourteen time World Heavyweight Champion, the one and only, 'The Nature Boy' Ric FlairSchiavone: What are his opinons of the statements from Mr. McMahon earlier, maybe we're going to find out right nowHudson: What's going through his mind?Schiavone: You know Scott for so long we talked about new ownership of WCW... We never thought this, would happen.Hudson: Neither did heFlair: 'Did I, DID I... Wooooooooo... Did I happen to hear Vince McMahon say he was going to hold W... C... W in the palms of his hands? IS THAT WHAT HE SAID? Does that mean, that you are gonna hold... Jack Briscoe, Dory Funk, Harley Race, The Road Warriors, Sting, Luger, The Steiners... Bagwell... Ric Flair, Steamboat... Does that mean, you're going to hold us all... In the palm of your hands? ... To coin a phrase... I don't think so!''You know, at twelve o'clock today, someone very special to me, don't go out onto that show tonight knowing its the last time that you'll ever be on TNT or TBS, knowing its the last time, she said to me, don't go out there and cry, don't go out there and say you're sorry BECAUSE I'M NOT! I've been FOUR-TEEN TIMES, the World Champion, in my eyes for the greatest *points to the crowd* YOU GOT IT! The greatest wrestling organisation in the world. WCW. We, and I'm talking about the Stings, the Lugers, the Steiners, the Road Warriors, I'm talking about my best friend, Arn Anderson and the Four Horsemen *Holds up Horsemen hand sign* ... We have been on a par and we have been equal to any wrestling organisation in the world, as a matter of fact we have run neck and neck with you Vince McMahon for years, FOR YEARS, and just for trivia Vince McMahon, did you know that in 1981, when you were trying to become an announcer, your dad was on the board of directors and voted for me.. To be... The World Champion! Woooooooo' *Flair runs into the ropes*'How about that? And ever since that day, I have been *Starts to take jacket off* ... A limousine-ridin', jet-flyin', kiss-stealin', wheelin'-dealin', son-of-a-gun, that along with the whole WCW dammit all, have kissed the girls worldwide... And made 'em cry.'*Crowd pan*'Because you see... We were every bit the force, we were WCW, we lived, we breathed, we sweat, we paid the price to be the best. Its never been about the boys...*DVD cuts*'... In the office, the boys that have gone out there, night in and night out, doing everything they could to be the very best at what they chose to do with their life, those boys are here tonight! WE ARE! We're not going anywhere, you can't hold us in your hands! And predict our life, we're WCW, we've bled and we've sweat; when was the last time, you wrestled for an hour, cut yourself five times, bled for forty-five minutes, WHEN... WERE... YOU... THERE?!? You weren't! You weren't! You were never in the dressing-room, on the road, forty days and forty nights, bleeding, sweating, going to the next town. You can't hold.. People's lives in your hand. We're the greatest wrestling company of all time, I want to say it again, you can't control us or our future.''And in closing, let me say this. In all my years in this sport, my greatest opponent with this company has been, Sting. So tonight, if we're going out, if we're going out on a high note, Stinger! The Nature Boy wants you right here because *Crowd cheers* That's right, that's right'Schiavone: Oh my gosh! He wants Sting in the ringFlair: 'You hear it Sting? Sting, my greatest opponent, Sting, it's your last chance, your last chance... To be... *Crowd chants for Sting* STING! STING! STING! STING! STING! STING! STING! ... To be the man, you gotta beat the man... And Sting, I'M... THE... MAN!!! Woooooooooooo'

EDIT: Oh, and something from Raven.

I did the right thing, Tommy. Why'd you let the drunk [sandman] beat me up?I did the right thing, Tommy. Why'd you let the drunk beat me up?!It's just like when I was seven years old. I came home from school with an A- and my dad beat the crap out of me. I can still smell the beer on his breath. He just beat the crap outta me, said I wasn't good enough. I did the right thing!I asked my mother, I said "Mom, why'd Daddy beat me? I did the right thing!" She said "you're lucky that's all his does to ya".I did the right thing Tommy, why'd you let 'em beat me up?! Tommy, why'd you let that drunk beat me up? I did the right thing Tommy! You let that drunk beat me up Tommy, I did the right thing...[starting to sob] I did the right thing Mommy, why'd you let the drunk beat me up? I did the right thing...I did the right thing. I did the right thing...I did the right thing! I did the right thing... [crying] I did the right thing. [barely-audible muttering/sobbing] I did the right thing... I did the right thing... I did the right thing...You can check out a lot of Raven's stuff at http://www.scottlevy.com