Main Eventer

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,964 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 08:28 AM

INDEX SO FAR (WRESTLERS LISTED ALPHABETICALLY):

ARN ANDERSON

Page 2 = talks about fighting the nWo, September 1996
Page 6 = talks about his spot in The Horsemen, 1997.

BOBBY HEENAN
Page 10 = his entire acceptance speech when inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame, 2004.

BRET HART
Page 8 = interrupting Bulldog vs Owen to form the new Hart Foundation, 1997
Page 11 = promo before his first WWF Title defence, against Shawn Michaels at Survivor Series 1992

BRIAN PILLMAN
Page 7 = promo from King of The Ring 1996

CHRIS JERICHO
Page 13 = interrupting The Rock at his WWF debut, August 1999
Page 13 = Jericho talking about JBL costing him the WWE Title, December 2007

CM PUNK
Page 2 = compares Raven to his father, ROH in 2003

COLT CABANA
Page 7 = ring introduction about threesomes he'd like to have, from ROH in 2005

DREW GALLOWAY
Page 9 = promo before his ICW return.

DUSTY RHODES
Page 3 = promo about the Honky Tonk Man before their SummerSlam 1989 match
Page 6 = promo about Ted Dibiase and Thweet Thapphire at SummerSlam 1990

EDDIE GUERRERO
Page 5 = talks about Eric Bischoff and quits, WCW 1998
Page 8 = two promos building up his upcoming World Title match with Lesnar, February 2004

EDDIE KINGSTON
Page 6 = talks about Chris Hero from CZW

EDGE
Page 3 = talks about Matt Hardy on RAW in August 2005

GOLDUST
Page 11 = promo about Razor Ramon from In Your House 5, December 1995

HULK HOGAN
Page 1 = turns heel at Bash at The Beach 1996
Page 5 = talks about doggy-paddling the Hulkamaniacs to safety at WrestleMania IV
Page 10 = the first ever "Preceding announcement has been paid for by the New World Order" thing from Nitro, 1996.
Page 11 = another nWo announcement from Nitro in 1996

INSANE CLOWN POSSE
Page 4 = introducing their new wrestler, who is dead.

JACK TUNNEY
Page 13 = announcement that Jake 'The Snake' Roberts would be banned from Survivor Series 1991

JAKE ROBERTS
Page 1 = promo before match with Ted Dibiase at WrestleMania VI
Page 1 = promo from Survivor Series 1991 about Macho & Liz
Page 1 = promo before his match with Macho Man at Tuesday In Texas
Page 8 = promo before his match with Undertaker at WrestleMania VIII
Page 9 = promo after his match with Macho Man at Tuesday In Texas

JEFF JARRETT
Page 11 = promo from In Your House 5, December 1995.

JIM CORNETTE
Page 1 = promo about real legends and the nWo, from RAW 1997
Page 4 = promo on RAW about Icons and "Age In The Cage", October 1997
Page 11 = promo following Yokozuna's match with Lex Luger at WrestleMania X
Page 11 = promo from SummerSlam 1993 before Yokozuna's match with Lex Luger

JIM ROSS
Page 10 = turning heel on Raw in September 1996

JIMMY JACOBS
Page 11 = promo with Lacey backstage at Ring Of Honor in February 2007

JOEL GERTNER
Page 3 = his first ring introduction in the ECW Arena for 5 years: June 2005

JOEY STYLES
Page 10 = quitting WWE, from Raw in May 2006.

JOHN BRADSHAW LAYFIELD
Page 9 = promo from ECW One Night Stand 2006
Page 11 = promo about Shawn Michaels on Raw in February 2007
Page 13 = face to face with Chris Jericho the day after costing him the WWE Title, December 2007

KURT ANGLE
Page 6 = talks about Iraq, France, black people and Jesus.

MICHAEL HAYES
Page 4 = gets in Edge's face on RAW, December 2005

MICK FOLEY
Page 2 = Cactus Jack promo from ECW in 1995 about being softcore
Page 4 = Cactus Jack quits the WWF, RAW in April 1998
Page 6 = Mankind sit-down interview with J.R. on RAW in 1997
Page 6 = Mick Foley talks about Ric Flair on RAW in August 2006
Page 7 = Cactus Jack talks about siding with Dreamer in his feud with Sandman, ECW 1994
Page 13 = the day after Unforgiven in April 1998, calling out Vince McMahon

MIKE AWESOME
Page 8 = promo from ECW Guilty As Charged 2000, before his match with Spike Dudley

NEW JACK
Page 3 = talks about ECW and returning to the Arena, June 2005
Page 12 = returning to ECW after spending a month in prison, March 1996
Page 13 = his views on the Benoit incident from a shoot interview

PAUL HEYMAN
Page 1 = anti-WWF promo from RAW six days before Survivor Series 2001
Page 6 = blasts TNN from ECW Hardcore TV .... on TNN

POGO THE CLOWN
Page 13 = sweary-mary promo from JCW BloodyMania, 2007.

RAVEN
Page 2 = promo from 1995 about drunks beating him up in childhood and as an adult
Page 7 = ring introduction from Sabu Tribute Show in December 2004
Page 10 = promo about Sandman, Stevie Richards & Terry Funk from before ECW Barely Legal
Page 12 = short promo about how he wanted to punish Tommy Dreamer for stealing Beulah, 1996
Page 12 = promo about Dreamer after returning to ECW, from Anarchy Rulz in September 1999

RHINO
Page 6 = Talks about violence and being fellated by Jasmin St Clair, from Guilty As Charged 2001

RIC FLAIR
Page 1 = promo after winning the WWF Title at Royal Rumble 1992
Page 2 = return to WCW on Nitro in September 1998
Page 2 = Speech from the final WCW Nitro in March 2001
Page 8 = questioning Carlito's commitment to wrestling, from Raw in Feb 2007

ROCK, THE
Page 7 = sings the 12 Days of Christmas to Test
Page 12 = The Rock in concert from Raw in March 2003

ROWDY RODDY PIPER
Page 6 = promo from a cell in Alcatraz, February 1997
Page 12 = promo questioning the Mountie's sexuality, before Royal Rumble in January 1992

SABU
Page 6 = calls out Taz. ECW in March 1997

SHANE DOUGLAS
Page 4 = post-match speech after winning the NWA Title, 1994
Page 6 = promo about Justin Credible before their match at CyberSlam '99
Page 11 = 'Dean' Douglas promo from In Your House 5, December 1995

SHANE McMAHON
Page 11 = poem about The Big Show before their last man standing match, 2001.

SHAWN MICHAELS
Page 3 = jokes with Maria about (The) Edge
Page 13 = the infamous "lost my smile" speech from February 1997

STEVE AUSTIN
Page 2 = promo in ECW 1995 about being fired from WCW by Eric Bischoff
Page 5 = acceptance speech after winning King of The Ring 1996
Page 5 = talks to Sandman, Mikey & Woman about becoming ECW Champion, 1995
Page 5 = rants about the direction of WWF, "Byte This" March 2002.
Page 13 = promos from his feud with Kurt Angle in summer 2001.

TED DIBIASE
Page 8 = buying Sweet Sapphire at SummerSlam 1990

TRACY SMOTHERS
Page 7 = he ain't wearin' no dress, from 1PW in 2006
Page 8 = promo on Jay Phoenix, from ICW in October 2006

VINCE McMAHON
Page 13 = called out by Mick Foley in April 1998, motivates him.

VINCE RUSSO
Page 3 = Talks about Hulk Hogan at Bash At The Beach 2000

WILLIAM REGAL
Page 3 = angry promo about Triple H, RAW 2004

X-PAC
Page 12 = promo about Hogan & Bischoff, after returning to the WWF in March 1998

ZACK SABRE JR.
Page 7 = why they don't let him talk, Hammerlock in 2006.

:thumbsup:

I thought this could be a cool thread, a collection of the transcripts of great Wrestling promo's, either typed or stolen (give credit).

I'll start with 2 that I typed up and 1 I 'borrowed'.

#1 - Paul Heyman shoots on Vince, Smackdown (pre Survivor Series 2001)

[Chorus of Boos]PH: In just a few moments, at my leisure, I'm gonna call, Vince McMahon, out to his ring, in front of his public, on a television show that's owned by his grand company. At least, that is, until this Sunday at Survivor Series.
[Asshole, Asshole, Asshole]
[MC: I echo that]
PH: I know how much you people appreciate what Shane and Stephanie and I have done, how Shane and Stephanie and I have stood up to the tyranny of Vince McMahon, and the way it is, ladies and gentlemen, is quite simple. The WWF will die this sunday. [Booooooooooooooooo] But don't blame me for that, It's not my fault, I'm not the one who ruined everything that was accomplished by Stone.. Cold.. Steve.. Austin. [Booooooooooo] You see at Survivor Series, it means much more then just the personalities that are involved, it's about ending what Vince McMahon has tried to accomplish. I sat there at that desk on Monday, and I listened to Mick Foley, and I agreed with everything that Mick Foley had to say. That the WWF truly does suck [Booooooo] Don't boo me. Have you watched the television show lately? Vince McMahon has lost his mind, the man doesn't have it anymore, he's a has-been, his ideas are antiquated, his concepts are draconian and Mick Foley was right, because the WWF is imploding from within. Like every great empire, the WWF is imploding from within. Vince's loyal employees, like ‘Stone cold’, left him, like Mick Foley, want nothing to do with him, Vince's own children want him to burn in hell, and I don't blame them. Vince McMahon will see the WWF die this Sunday, at Survivor Series, and he has no hope to save his precious company. Vince McMahon has the same chances of saving the WWF as he did of realising his dream of starting a Football League.
[(Music)No chance, that's what you've got]
[MC: Here we go, Vince McMahon isn't gonna wait for Paul Heyman to call him out. The owner has heard enough.]
[T: In the words of JR, business is about to pick up]
[MC: Look at the idiot Heyman. I'll tell you something now, Vince McMahon has insisted on winning, Sunday. A family legacy is at stake, 40 years, and Vince McMahon'll be damned if his ungrateful children and that pompous ass, PaulHeyman, are gonna run him out of business]
[Music continues ... Massive Cheers]
PH: I.. I want you to know.. that I was down on my knees because I know that you're used to men, [puckers] kissing your ass, Vinny. Everytime you walk in the back, there's Patterson and Brisco "Oh, what a great idea you had, Vince. [Puckers] Muh Muh Muh Muh! Muh Muh Muh Muh!". You like men kissing your ass don't you, Vince. Huh. 'Cause that's what you're all about, a billionaire, the billionaire, Vince McMahon. The creator of sports entertainment. I've waited so long to see you face to face like this, and I've waited so long to tell you to your face, that I hate your stinking guts. But it's not just me, it's your children, that hate your stinking guts, Vince. And at Survivor Series, your children are gonna do to you, what I've waited my whole life to see somebody do to you, Vince. You are, so help me god, the most disgusting, vile, son of a bitch, I've ever seen in my life. [Booooooooo] You took Hulk Hogan's blood and you built Titan Towers. You stole Bret Hart's dream and with that money, bought yourself an airplane with 'WWF' all over it. You did that, and you know it, you son of a bitch. You stole Shawn Michaels smile, took your company public, and made yourself a billionaire, but not a self made billionaire, like you like to tell everyone you are, oh no. See, you're a billionaire on other people's hard work. Your father, your father, Vince McMahon, your father went around the country and shook the hand of every.... You know I'm telling the truth don't you, you know in your heart I'm telling you the truth.., that your father shook the hand of every promoter in this country and swore to them that he would never compete against them, that his son would never compete against them, and when your father DIED, you competed. And with your ruthless, merciless, take-no-prisoners attitude, you drove everybody out of business, didn't you, Vince? You ran all the competition into the ground and you stole all their ideas, and you made yourself a billionaire out of it. And you know who's ideas you stole the most, Vince? You stole mine. You see, I don't give a damn about Don Owen and Sam Muchnick and Jim Crockett, I care about what you did to me and my family. How you stole my dreams! How you stole my legacy! How you stole everything that ECW represented. Because while Doink the Clown had green hair and a rubber nose, ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin was drinking his first beer in ECW, damn you. [Mild Cheers] While Bobby Heenan and Gene Okerlund were dancing around, singing "Tutti Frutti", ECW was producing the edgy TV that you named 'attitude'. Oh, We got attitude, You got nothing, man. What you got is my ideas and you stole MY LIFE, MY MONEY, MY LEGACY!! [Boooo] Screw you, Screw you and your family. I'll tell you something, your own children hate your guts and on Sunday, your children are gonna get even with you, for everything that you stole from me, for everything that you stole from them. You flaunt your affairs in front of your Wife, You flaunt your affairs in Playboy for your children to read. You bastard. Look at Tazz. Look at Tazz, this man was a killer, he was a machine, he was a wrestler, a great wrestler, a real man but wrestling's a dirty word to you isn't it Vince? Your father built a wrestling company, and you.. you had to have sports entertainment. We have to have sports entertainment, ha ha ha. He was a wrestler, he was a great wrestler, he was a man, and now.. he's a fat, little, obnoxious colour commentator, and not even a good one. [Boooooooo] He is a sports entertainer. He is not a wrestler, 'cause you made wrestling a dirty word. You made wrestling a dirty word, Vince. What kind of man are you? [Tazz! Tazz! Tazz! Tazz!] What kind of a man takes wrestling and makes it sports entertainment?
[Cheers]
[MC: What are you doing?]
PH: At Survivor Series, You're going down. You're going down, Vince. I promise you, [Huge Cheers] you're going down and I'm gonna watch it and your children are gonna lift their leg, standing over your grave and we're gonna laugh. And you know what else I'm gonna do, Vince? I'm gonna whip your ass and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. I'm feeling good about myself. I..... [Massive cheers as Tazz chokes out Paul Heyman]
[MC: Hey, Tazz's got a tazzmission on Heyman. Choke him out, Tazz, Damn it, Choke him out. The tazzmission locked in, choke out that peice of trash! Teach him a damn lesson, Tazz, choke him out.]
VM: Paul Heyman, you are the epitomy of the alliance, because this Sunday at Survivor Series, the alliance will CHOKE.

Key: PH=Heyman, VM=McMahon, MC=Cole, T=Tazz

#2 - Ric Flair is awarded the WWF Title, Royal Rumble 1992.

GO: Alright, by virtue of winning the Royal Rumble, we have a brand new World Wrestling Federation champion. As the press look on, at this time to present the title belt to the new champion, our president, the distinguished Jack Tunney.
JT: Congratulations, Ric Flair, on becoming the undisputed champion of the World Wrestling Federation.
RF: Let me just say, after carrying the belt that proclaimed me the real world champion, I’m gonna tell you all, with a tear IN MY EYE, this is the greatest moment in my life. When you walk around in this life and you tell everybody you’re number one, the only way you get to stay number one, is to be number one. And this is the ONLY.. title.. in the wrestling world that makes you number one. When you are the king of the W.. WF, you rule the world, Think about it like that, Mr Perfect..., The Brain, Whoooo!.
BH: Let’s give a big one, Whooooooooooo! You did it. I was never so impressed with anything I saw in all my life, he went out there for over 60 minutes, never took a back step. Took it to Hogan, took it to the Undertaker, took it to whoever got in that ring, that’s why he is, and you can call him now, the real World Heavyweight Champion.
MP: Hey Bobby, We’re not the kind of guys to say we told you so, but we.. told you so.
GO: Okay, very good. Ric Flair, you have made World… Put that cigarette out. You have made World Wrestling Federation history here tonight.
RF: This is the greatest moment in my life. I wanna jump, I wanna party, but I gotta tell you like this, for the Hulk Hogan’s and the Macho Man’s, and the Piper’s and the Sid’s, now it’s Ric Flair and you all pay homage to the man, Whoooo! I love it. I love it. I love it!

Key: GO=Okerlund, RF=Flair, MP=Perfect, BH=Heenan, JT=Tunney

#3 - Hulk Hogan turns heel, Bast At The Beach 1996

GO: Hulk Hogan, excuse me. Excuse me! What in the world are you thinking?"
HH: Mean Gene, the first thing you need to do is to tell these people to shut up if you wanna' hear what I've got to say… The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling (pointing to himself, Hall, and Nash). You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling. These two men right here came from a great big organization up north and everybody was wondering who the third man was. Well, who knows more about that organization but me, brother?… Let me tell you something. I made that organization a monster. I made people rich up there. I made the people that ran that organization rich up there. And when it all came to pass, the name Hulk Hogan, the man Hulk Hogan, got bigger than the whole organization.
Billionaire Ted wanted to talk turkey with Hulk Hogan. Well Billionaire Ted promised me movies, brother. Billionaire Ted promised me millions of dollars. Billionaire Ted promised me world caliber matches. As far as Billionaire Ted goes, Eric Bischoff, and the whole WCW goes, I'm bored brother. That's why these two guys here, the so-called outsiders, these are the men I want as my friends. They are the new blood of professional wrestling. And not only are we going to take over the whole wrestling business with Hulk Hogan and the new blood, the monsters with me, we will destroy everything in our path, Mean Gene.
[Fans pelted the ring with garbage]
GO: Look at all of this crap in this ring. This is what's in the future for you if you want to hang around with this man Hall and this man Nash.
HH: As far as I'm concerned, all of this crap in the ring represents these fans out here. For two years, brother, for two years I held my head high. I did everything for the charities. I did everything for the kids. And the reception I got when I got out here - you fans can stick it, brother. Because if it wasn't for Hulk Hogan you people wouldn't be here. If it wasn't for Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff would still be selling meat from a truck in Minneapolis. And if it wasn't for Hulk Hogan, all these Johnny Come Lately's that you see out here wrestling wouldn't be here. I was selling out the world, brother, while they were pumping gas in their car to get to high school. So the way it is now, brother, with Hulk Hogan and the New World Organization of Wrestling, me and the new blood by my side, whatcha gonna do when the New World Organization runs wild on you.
[TS: We have just seen the end of Hulkamania… Hulk Hogan, you can go to hell. Straight to hell.]

Key: GO=Okerlund, HH=Hogan, TS=Schivone

#4 - Jake Roberts, Wrestlemania 6

GO: Jake ‘The Snake’ Roberts, the match is at hand.
JR: Well, well. The Million Dollar Man, Ted Dibiase. Here we are at Wrestlemania, and it’s the biggest match of your career. Why? Because everything you stand for is on the line, mainly, the million dollar belt. Oh yeah, you see it can be yours once again. All you have to do is go through Damien, and Me. But you see, Damien and I don’t forget, we remember all the times you made people grovel for your money. These were people far less fortunate than you, people who could use your money for essentials, and what did you do? You made fun of them. You humbled them and you humiliated them. Well, now it’s my turn. I’m going to make you beg, Dibiase, you are going to get down on your hands and knees. This time, you’ll be the one that’s humbled. This time, you’ll be the one that’s humiliated, and this time, you will be the one that grovels for the money. And how appropriate, [laughs] that the money you grovel for is your very own. A victim of your own greed, wallowing in the muck of avarice.

#5 - Jim Cornette, Raw 6th Oct 1997

JC: This is Jim Cornette and the views that I’m about to express are not neccessaraliy those of anybody else but me, but they ought to be, and as a matter of fact they probably are. You know a lot of things in the wrestling world make me cranky these days, especially the way that some talent is treated and some talent is looked at, by not only the promoters, but the wrestling fans as well. For example, a man like Arn Anderson, who just had to retire from this sport, after giving it his entire life, because of an injury that he suffered. A guy like ‘Nature Boy’ Ric Flair, who, in my opinion, is one of the greatest talents in the history of this business. Guys like Mankind, Cactus Jack, Dude Love, whatever you wanna call him, great talents in the WWF or WCW. But who gets a lot of the attention? From the wrestling fans especially, guys like the nWo, the New World Order. You know all the fans think these guys are so cool and so sweeeeet and so funny. Well as far as I’m concerned, the nWo is like a bunch of guys meeting out in the backyard in a clubhouse in a tree. They’re guys who… they got the easiest job in the world, all they have to do is go out there and be themselves. Childish, obnoxious, adolescent guys with a case of severe arrested emotional development and a fixation on trying to act macho. You got a guy like Kevin Nash, 40 years old, trying to act like a teenager. As far as I’m concerned, the biggest no-talent in the business, he’s got six moves, no mobility and enough timing to cover up for some of us. But what he does, is he goes around and he manipulates. Kevin Nash had a multi-million dollar promotional company, the WWF, push him to the moon to make him a star and then what does he do? He leaves, after he gives his word that he’s staying, so he’s a liar too, he leaves and he goes to WCW for a big contract. Why? More on that later. You got a guy like Scott Hall, who’s a good wrestler, but good’s about it, he’s the best of the bunch, but he’s got a multi-million dollar promotional company make him a star after he’s been in the business 10 years without putting 3 asses in a seat, and what does he do? He goes to WCW for a big contract. Why? More on that later. And then you got a guy, Syxx, 123 Kid, whatever? His name’s Sean Maltman, Waltman, whatever you wanna call him. Well as far as I’m concerned, the only reason he’s employed is because the other guys think it’s funny when he gets drunk and throws up on himself. He has the distinction, in case you haven’t noticed, of being the only guy since this “Wrestling War” got started, to be released from a valid contract with one company to go to the other side, which shows you how valuable he is. You know why they’re all employed, why they’re all in the spot the are today? Because of Eric Bischoff, the boss of WCW, not the nWo. Look at the credits on their PPVs, if you can get one for free, the idiot’s name is on it. He’s the boss of WCW, he works for Ted Turner and he throws the billionaire’s money around just like water, so that he can have guys that he likes to hang out with. Because even more then being a mark, Yeah, for his own face and his voice, Eric Bischoff is a guy who’s a big fan of hanging around with stubbly guys with long hair who ride Harley’s, so that some of that can rub off on his little pansy-ass frame. So he takes that billionaire’s money and he throws it around like water to buy guys that he can hang around with to prove that his Johnson is bigger then everybody else’s. And that’s the sole reason that the nWo guys are employed. I think, me personally, that it’s about time that the wrestling fans and the promoters, all of them in this business started recognizing guys like ‘Nature Boy’ Ric Flair, like Arn Anderson, like Cactus Jack. Guys who bust their ass, who work hard and have ability and have talent to get were they are, instead of guys who get were they are by hanging around with the boss and sucking up. I’m Jim Cornette and that’s my opinion.

Edited by tiger_rick, 25 November 2008 - 12:08 PM.

#2 Daniel Fitch

Daniel Fitch

European Champion

• Account Disabled
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 08:30 AM

How could you include Ric's victoy without including Mean Gene's immortal line: "put that ciggerette out"
2003 - 2010?

#3 tiger_rick

tiger_rick

Main Eventer

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,964 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 08:34 AM

How could you include Ric's victoy without including Mean Gene's immortal line: "put that ciggerette out"

You can't read !!!

#4 Daniel Fitch

Daniel Fitch

European Champion

• Account Disabled
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 08:35 AM

Damn hayfever effecting my eyes!!! I feel stooopid
2003 - 2010?

#5 bAzTNM#1

bAzTNM#1

No. 1 Contender

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,030 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 08:47 AM

I wish somebody would type up Jake Roberts pre-match interview prior to his match with DiBiase at Wrestlemania 6. Fucking awesome. Even better than his Survivor Series '91/Tuesday in Texas efforts.
My website, filled with random stuff

Posted Image

HERO 1952 - 2000 ....Kisses for Cara.....Baby was born 27th Feb 2014!

Join the UKFF Last.fm Group!

#6 tiger_rick

tiger_rick

Main Eventer

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,964 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 09:05 AM

I wish somebody would type up Jake Roberts pre-match interview prior to his match with DiBiase at Wrestlemania 6. Fucking awesome. Even better than his Survivor Series '91/Tuesday in Texas efforts.

Consider it done. Tonight anyway. Anymore requests?

#7 Dai

Dai

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 09:18 AM

Thats not the full Paul E one though, is it? That was the edited TV version. Isnt there a version floating around, unedited? When he talks about Sammartino or Bassie?

#8 freaky

freaky

No. 1 Contender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 09:21 AM

I wrote this up in an older thread, but thought it would be worth adding here. It's the Jake Roberts promos from Survivor Series 1991 and Tuesday in Texas (pre-match).

Gene Okerlund: These people saw what happened this weekend; I saw it, and millions of people around the world, witnessed what took place. You said that it was an accident. Jake Roberts: Trust me, it was. GO: You said that snake had been devenomised by the lab. JR: Cross my heart and hope to die, that what I was told. GO: You know, do you have any idea how much anguish you have caused the Macho Man Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth... JR: (Interrupting) It excited me a little bit, yeah, I thought about it for a long time. GO: You are a sick man, Jake Roberts. JR: Thank you very much. GO: You know, there many people who feel that Jack Tunney should have 86ed you for your actions - you should be out of the World Wrestling Federation altogether. You're very fotunate to have this opportunity to meet the Macho Man one-on-one this Tuesday in Texas, and I for one can hardly wait. JR: Is that right? GO: That's right. JR: You know, let's start this over - I mean you're trying to cast me as the original sinner. Well I spoke to God this morning, and he said he doesn't like you. So let's point the finger at somebody else besides me. Let's point the finger at the people that voted for Savage; let's point the finger at Jack Tunney; let's point the finger at the World Wrestling Federation. Not at me. GO: You know, when you think about everything that's happened, at this big match this Tuesday in Texas - all of a sudden there's an interesting hook to all of this: the fact that there will be no repliles allowed at ringside; and that means no snakes in the bag. JR: You know, it's hard to believe after six years you people haven't caught on yet. The thing in the bag was simply a toy... something for me to amuse myself with. I've always been the snake you should be worried about, and for six years you haven't caught on. It's surprises me that anyone, (to Okerlund) even you, can be that ignorant. (Jake sniggers) GO: You laugh. JR: Yeah, I laugh. Because this Tuesday in Texas, Elizabeth, you have a ticket - you have a one-way ticket. A one way ticket, Elizabeth. So don't be shy sweetheart, let's use it, eh? You show up. A one way ticket to the other side, if you will. Becuase this Tuesday in Texas... princess, don't expect the prince to be there to wake you up with a kiss. Because you see, Tuesday in Texas is not the end. It is not the beginning. It's not even the beginning of the end... yet the end of the beginning.

Sean Mooney: We are moments away from an incredible encounter, we will finally see a one-on-one confrontation between Jake "The Snake" Roberts and the Macho Man Randy Savage. Jake Roberts, the big decision from President Jack Tunney - there will be no reptile allowed in your corner. Now earlier I saw the Macho Man and his lovely bride Elizabeth. Randy Savage is wired to the max; he cannot wait to get you into the ring. Jake Roberts: So what? As cold as a razor blade; as tight as a turning key; like the skin on a dying man - Randy Savage, the last time I saw you, you were flailing like some helpless child, drowning. Drowning from what? Drowning from the very poison that was flowing through your veins after that snake had chewed on that arm. For some time he did chew. Now you look into my eyes Randy Savage, and you'll see two black holes in the sky. But you look into those snake eyes and you'll see something so cold, so devilish and so deliberate - yes, he takes care of what he has to. Does what he has to. Just like me. Your eyes? Your eyes weren't even there man, you were out, you were gone. But you know whose eyes I enjoyed the most? Do you? Elizabeth's. Pupils so small, so intent and so scared for the man that she loved. And what a rush I got, man. Up and down my back, it felt so good. My hair felt like it was tingling. I mean, I had goosebumps all over my body listening to you squeal for a man who could not do anything but flail around, and couldn't help himself at all, you know? And see, the thing about Jack Tunney barring the snake in the corner... let me tell you something Jack Tunney. When I was brought into this world, I could not rob; I could not steal; I could not lie; I couldn't even cheat. But boy, did I have some help learning - you have taught me so well. So you see, it is not my fault anything that I do out there. You have given me the right to. You have almost pushed the button to make me do it. You have pulled the trigger. So anything that I do... is your fault. Snake in the corner? Trust me... trust me.

rb.jpg

In the latest WOW Podcast,
HEIDI LOVELACE on death matches, beating Eddie Kingston, CHIKARA and working a lesbian storyline on a Christian TV station

Website Twitter Facebook Shop

#9 tiger_rick

tiger_rick

Main Eventer

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,964 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 09:26 AM

Thats not the full Paul E one though, is it? That was the edited TV version. Isnt there a version floating around, unedited? When he talks about Sammartino or Bassie?

I typed it up, and obviously I only have the TV version. if anyone has a better version, or a full mp3, I could edit it. Cheers Freaky, I was going to try and find those.

Edited by tiger_rick, 06 May 2005 - 09:26 AM.

#10 Sheffbag

Sheffbag

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 02:13 PM

"Huss Huss Huss"Any Berzerker Promo without Fuji
Listen to my radio shows every Monday 5-7 or Press Rewind - The best in old school dance every Saturday 6-7 on http://www.redroadmusic.com or follow the links to the iPhone app. You can listen again to Press Rewind via mixcloud or our facebook group http://www.facebook....gid=27694234593

#11 Phil Lowe

Phil Lowe

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 02:15 PM

The Cornette 'shoot' on Monday Night RAW. I had a link to it a while back but I've lost it :(

#12 lokmad

lokmad

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 02:31 PM

The Cornette 'shoot' on Monday Night RAW. I had a link to it a while back but I've lost it :(

Is that the one where he talks about the "legends" of the sport? The one that's on extra on the Monday Night War DVD?

#13 tiger_rick

tiger_rick

Main Eventer

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,964 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 02:33 PM

I have the one about the nWo, is that the one you mean?

#14 Phil Lowe

Phil Lowe

European Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 02:34 PM

I have the one about the nWo, is that the one you mean?

Yeah that's the one, Rick.

#15 Guest_Richard Studden_*

Guest_Richard Studden_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2005 - 02:37 PM

Didn't Heymn do a shoot around 97ish on WWE TV? When he still had control of ECW? I thought I read somewhere he did? Anyone know anything about this?