WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you on about? It's the same game but with different levels!

Having spent this afternoon with SMG2 (thanks, Game!), I found no faults whatsoever with the controls. The camera did spin round a bit too far one time, but I corrected it with the buttons (the ones that within the first 10 minutes of the game it tells you to press if you ever need to change the angle). It isn't the best game ever, but it's a solid 8 creeping up to a 9.

What are you on about? It's the same game but with different levels!

Having spent this afternoon with SMG2 (thanks, Game!), I found no faults whatsoever with the controls. The camera did spin round a bit too far one time, but I corrected it with the buttons (the ones that within the first 10 minutes of the game it tells you to press if you ever need to change the angle). It isn't the best game ever, but it's a solid 8 creeping up to a 9.

Ive had several control issues, when walking arround the planet Mario seems to get confused running around in circles instead of the correct direction but then it isnt a easy task to solve. Galaxy 1 seems more "simplified" than Galaxy 2. Agree it do deserve a 8 out of 10.

• Paid Members

Also been playing Mario Galaxy 2, it's not that it's the "perfect game", but i've yet to find fault with it (if that makes sense). Just finished the 1st Castle. My girlfriend has been playing with me on the 2P mode, which is really quite fun. There's nothing wrong with the controls.

Fate is a cruel mistress. SMG2 landed through the door this morning, right after a call informing me of the new job I start on Monday. I was expecting more than a weekend's leisurely play - wonder how soon I can book some leave...

I've just beaten Bowser, with 91 stars at the end. Some I haven't got because I just haven't gone back for them yet, I need to find comet coins to open a few more up, and there's a couple that I haven't got because they were so infuriatingly tricky that I quit before ending up throwing the remote at the TV. I haven't done any of those cleaning jobs either, where you have to smash boxes using fireballs, because I really really hated those in SMG1. And I haven't found any of the elusive green stars yet.

So Bowser's dead but there's still plenty to do. It's a cracking game, but I'm not sure if it's as varied as the first one. It seemed quite a bit shorter, too. A very solid 8 out of 10, but on the high side of 8 (like an 8.8 or 8.9) if that was possible.

• Paid Members
I've just beaten Bowser, with 91 stars at the end. Some I haven't got because I just haven't gone back for them yet, I need to find comet coins to open a few more up, and there's a couple that I haven't got because they were so infuriatingly tricky that I quit before ending up throwing the remote at the TV. I haven't done any of those cleaning jobs either, where you have to smash boxes using fireballs, because I really really hated those in SMG1. And I haven't found any of the elusive green stars yet.

So Bowser's dead but there's still plenty to do. It's a cracking game, but I'm not sure if it's as varied as the first one. It seemed quite a bit shorter, too. A very solid 8 out of 10, but on the high side of 8 (like an 8.8 or 8.9) if that was possible.

I finished with around 79/80 earlier, and the main reason I didn't get the rest of the stars before Bowser is that they were so shit to get that I didn't want to.

I love the game, and i'm up to 90 stars now, but it seems to me that the creators gave up towards the end as nothing in the final world or two feel like a final galaxy, and Bowser's level is easy and overall a bit poo. Not to mention his fight is yet again just a re-hash of the last 2 or 3 times you battled him.

I won't go into the positives of it, because what's left to say that hasn't already been said by everyone? However I have a few problems I have to get off my chest.

1. Some of the last levels are poorly designed, and pile on camera and control problems. Notably the let-down that is the Throwback Galaxy, and the Melty Monster Galaxy. On Throwback you play one of the early levels of Mario 64, except that because it's in Mario Galaxy the camera can't keep right up with it. The Melty one has a level where you jump across small planets whilst large magma monsters storm at you, but if you don't jump directly into the planets, you'll orbit them and spin out of control into the monsters.

2. The bird levels handle like shit, I don't want motion controls in a Mario game thanks. The stupid ball balancing levels are enough.

3. Spring Mario is still wank.

4. As Carebear said, the game itself from start to last boss is extremely short. It seems that the levels have sacrificed the length to add more of them.

5. Every star past the first 70 are all rubbish so far. Smashing boxes, doing speed runs, daredevil runs and the same level but being chased by shadows. Doing missions for the monkey that all involve jumping on things for points or skating.

It's far from the perfect game, but it's Mario. I can't help but feel let down though because the hype was worth it for the main brunt of the game, but there's 240 stars (120 proper ones, 120 green ones or something) and every one past 70 is a rubbish side mission.

You cant get any of the Green Stars till you get the 120 stars. If you have the Homebrew channel installed you can get a program which can use action replay codes like to say IE disable the timer.

Try the tree slide collect purple coin challenge, one of the worst mission since mario has a hard time jumping on cue which leads to death, and collecting these coins are hard enough.

But then this is the Finale SPOILER ALERT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNojw4wtmzg...feature=related

The Perfect Run

Do you know, I never once noticed any time when I pressed A and Mario didn't jump. Are you sure you didn't have like a glass or something on the table between you and the sensor bar, distorting the signal from the remote? It's nowhere near as unresponsive as you claim!

I didn't play through SMG1 as Luigi to get a second set of stars, and I'm not going to do it with this one either. Not a chance. It was good fun and everything, but enough's enough. Although yesterday I got two things from Lovefilm and one doesn't work (disc read error) and the other was a South Park DVD which isn't even on my rental list, so I seem to be out of things to play until I get these sent back and they send me something else. Maybe I'll have to *shudder* leave the house...

Edit: Oh yeah, and I must agree that the bird levels are fucking awful. They're just not fun to play. The Monkey Ball style ones are still shit as well. Hmm.

Edited by CAREBEAR LUVVA

Edit: Oh yeah, and I must agree that the bird levels are fucking awful. They're just not fun to play. The Monkey Ball style ones are still shit as well. Hmm.

Not a fan of either levels too, ok they use the features of the wii remote. Id just rather do all that using the nun chuck or in my case the analogue stick on my 360 pad since I'm playing Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 on the PC.

Oh well might try this Brtual Mario World on the Snes (Remade Game).