The 10 Matches You Take...

Midnight Zeus

Mankind vs The Undertaker - WWF In Your House 14

The 'Revenge of Taker' match?Good match, but if you don't mind me asking, why did you choose this over the umpteen other Mankind vs. taker matches that (I think) are all better.
Simple. The other Taker vs Mankind match that beats this IMO would be the Hell in the Cell match from King of the Ring 98. But we have all seen those clips a million times over so you would hardly forget it would you. I also chose this for the head first dive that Foley does through the announce table. I think the match is really good.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mankind vs The Undertaker - WWF In Your House 14

The 'Revenge of Taker' match?Good match, but if you don't mind me asking, why did you choose this over the umpteen other Mankind vs. taker matches that (I think) are all better.
Simple. The other Taker vs Mankind match that beats this IMO would be the Hell in the Cell match from King of the Ring 98. But we have all seen those clips a million times over so you would hardly forget it would you. I also chose this for the head first dive that Foley does through the announce table. I think the match is really good.
Damn, forget about that awesome table bump. Yeah, good match, but I much prefer HIAC (you've explained why you wouldn't take that), Boiler Room Brawl and Buried Alive matches. Each to their own though. :)

• Paid Members

Yeah, good match, but I much prefer HIAC (you've explained why you wouldn't take that), Boiler Room Brawl and Buried Alive matches. Each to their own though. :)

The boiler room brawl is my favourite. It's original and shocking (for WWF). HIAC was great, but there had been an awesome HIAC match only months earlier. The boiler room match was unlike anything I'd seen on WWF TV in 9 years of watching. Bearer turning on UT was a HUGE shock, for me anyway.

Tully Blanchard vs Magnum TA (I Quit in a Cage, Starrcade 85)

Brutality and hatred in wrestling match form.

Bret Hart vs Owen Hart (Wrestlemania X)

I don't really have to explain to people why this is such an awesome match, cool finish too.

Eddie Guerrero and Art Barr vs El Hijo Del Santo and Octagon (Double Hair vs Double Mask, When Worlds Collide 1994)

Maybe my favourite tag match ever, and definately a classic.

Ricky Steamboat vs Rick Rude (30 Minute Iron Man Match, Beach Blast 1992)

I really enjoyed this match, great wrestling from both men.

Hulk Hogan and Brutus Beefcake vs Randy Savage and Zeus (WWF, 1989)

Just a very fun match, recently watched it and it was great stuff.

Steve Grey vs Clive Myers (Their 1st match that appeared on TWC in May)

2 wrestlers wrestling. Doesn't get much better than this. It's so fast paced and got so many cool reversals, it's almost like a British matwork spotfest, if you will.

US Tag Team Titles: Midnight Express vs Brian Pillman and Tom Zenk (NWA Capital Combat: "Return of Robocop") Midnights show why they are the best tag team, and the nineties version of Kidman and London display all their cool double team stuff to try and beat the bad guys.

William Regal vs Chris Benoit (Pillman Memorial Show 2000) As with the WOS match, it is two wrestlers wrestling. Some nice high risk manouvers too, and a sweet tombstone reversal series.

The Steiner Brothers vs Terry Gordy and Steve Williams (WCW Beach Blast 1992) Another Beach Blast 92 match, I could just take that tape and be happy :). Damn stiff match between 2 veteran teams.

The Rock vs Kurt Angle vs The Undertaker (Judgement Day 2002) A really exciting 3 way dance. If I hadn't have used Benoit earlier, I would have put the Mania XX match instead, but this deserves recognition as well.

An honourable mention goes to the 20 man match at SS 88, which I couldn't include due to it involving Bret and Tully. If I could smuggle anything else with me, this would be it.

• Paid Members

Flair vs Windham (Worldwide 1987)Warrior vs Savage (WrestleMania 7)Misawa/Kawada/Kobashi vs Tsuruta/Taue/Fuchi (1991 handheld)Owen Hart vs Danny Collins (Bath, 1991)Guerrero/Love Machine vs Santo/Octagon (When Worlds Collide)Hokuto vs Kandori (Destiny, 1995)Choshu vs Hashimoto (G-1 Climax 1996)Scorpio vs Jericho vs Pitbull 2 vs Douglas (ECW Heatwave 96)Austin vs Rock (WrestleMania X-7)HHH vs Benoit vs Michaels (WrestleMania 20)No Bret Hart or Rick Steamboat, which sucks.

Michaels/HHH, Slam 02Angle/Shane, KOTR 01RVD/Jeff Hardy, InvasionBret/Owen, Summerslam 94Hogan/Rock, WMX8Savage & Perfect/Flair & Ramon, Survivors 92Edge/Storm, Summerslam 01Undertaker/Mankind, KOTR 96Goldberg/Lesnar, WMXXJericho/Benoit, Backlash 00

Genki Horiguchi, Susumu Yokusuka & Ryo Saito vs Mochizuki Masaaki, Dragon Kid & Kenichiro Arai, Toryumon 6/03From the Toryumon 5th Anniversary show.  I'll take this over the MPW These Days 10-man every time, because the finish is built up much better and makes more sense.  While the sprint sections are just as lunatic, this match has EVIL GENKI~, and that's enough to tip the balance.

Yes, yes absolutely yes, this was easily the match that most pleasantly surprised me from last year. I loved how they started off all comedy-ish, but then gradually progressed into this intense battle. You forgot Araken too! He, IMO, was the star, and his story as the injured, weak-link who battled through for the fall was awesome. The finish was amazing too, and I nearly jumped off my seat when Dragon Kid (I think) came out of nowhere to break up a pinfall with a springboard dropkick. You should watch the 'Heartbreak' 10-man for a better MPro offering too. The 'These Days' tag seemed more of an exhibition than, the heated awesome-o-fest that the former was. As far as my list goes, my shit wank toss computer crashed when I was writing about match #8 of 10, and as there's there's no way I'm redoing the lot, I'll just include my first choice in brief...Dragon/Ohtani (J*Crown Tournament)Yeah. I'm really pleased that through my wrestling viewing, I've come to appreciate the more finer aspects of wrestlers work like execution, selling and great psychology. It makes it much easier to 'mark out' to someone pulling off a beautiful plancha, put over someones offence perfectly to make them look like a milion bucks or demonstrate tons of learning from previous bouts by countering an opponenets moves etc. On the flip-side, however, it gets increasingly tricker to actually physically care about someones plight in the ring knowing they are only doing it to sell tickets. Ohtani. Fuckers of mothers. That is all. Yes. Edited by Registration_Form

You should watch the 'Heartbreak' 10-man for a better MPro offering too. The 'These Days' tag seemed more of an exhibition than, the heated awesome-o-fest that the former was.

I think I've seen both. They're on a comp I've only watched once, about a year ago, so I can't remember which one I preferred, and might even be getting them mixed up... :wacko:The tape's on my 'should really watch again' list, though. :)

Guest Zander

Ric Flair vs Ricky Steamboat, NWA Clash Of The Champions VIChris Benoit vs Steve Austin, WWF SmackDown! 2001Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker, WWF Badd Blood 1997Triple H vs The Rock, WWF Judgment Day 2000Kane vs Kurt Angle, WWF SmackDown! 2002Eddie Guerrero vs Brock Lesnar, WWE No Way Out 2004Hulk Hogan vs The Ultimate Warrior, WWF WrestleMania VIThe Hardy Boyz vs The Dudley Boyz vs Edge & Christian, WWF WrestleMania X-SevenRey Mysterio vs Psychosis, WCW Bash At The Beach 1996Sting vs Big Van Vader, WCW Great American Bash 1992

These are in no particular order.Chris Benoit Vs. HBK Vs. HHH. (WM XX)American Dragon Vs. Low Ki (ROH ROUND ROBIN CHALLENGE)Undertaker Vs Undertaker (SUMMERSALM '94)Alex Shane Vs Brandon Thomas (FWA BACK 2 SCHOOL)Alex doing a promo during the matchUlf Herman Vs Balls Mahoney (FWA BRITISH UPRISING)British Bulldog Vs Owen Hart (EURO TITLE REMATCH FROM RAW)The start of the new Hart FoundationBurchill Vs Double Dragon (FWA/ROH FRONTIERS OF HONOUR)That Swimming Pool Death Match with Onita and Mike AwesomeYoshihiro Tajiri Vs. Super Crazy (ECW Guilty as Charged 1999)The match that got me into ECWRobbie Brookside Vs Shane Douglas (NCW -Reading this year)I really got into this match.

1.Bret Hart vs Owen Hart-Wrestlemania 102.Steve Austin vs The Rock- Wrestlemania 173.Mick Foley vs Randy Orton- Backlash 044.Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels- Bad Blood 975.Raven & Steven Richards vs Pitbulls- Gangstas Paradise6.Chris Benoit vs Kurt Angle- Royal Rumble 037.Dudley Boyz vs Edge & Christian vs Hardy Boyz- Wrestlemania 178.Chris Jericho vs Ultimo Dragon- Dont rem the date, but a hell of a match and my fav Jericho match of all time9.Randy Savage vs Ultimate Warrior- Wrestlemania 710. Eddy Guerrero vs Brock Lesnar- No Way Out 04

QUOTE (wrestlescotland @ Jul 22 2004, 14:52) 1.The Powers of Pain, The Rockers, The British Bulldogs, The Hart Foundation, and The Young Stallions vs. Demolition, The Brain Busters, The Bolsheviks, Fabulous Rougeaus, and The Conquistadors – Survivor Series 19887.HHH vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit - WM20 

Two great matches - which one do you keep as you can't have both?
Would swap the first one for Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Ultimo Dragon from World War 3 97 I think it was

Guest pepsiplunge

shawn micheals vs undertaker - bad bloodsteve austin vs dude love - over the edge 98HHH vs the rock - summerslam 98eddie guerrero vs rey mysterio - halloween havoc 97dudley vs hardyz vs edge + christian - wm17brock lesnar vs kurt angle wm19bret hart vs british bulldog summerslam 92paul london vs aj styles vs low ki - roh 1st anni showchristoper daniels vs american dragon - roh rrc1homicide vs steve corino - roh bitter friends stiffer enemies