Eddie Guerrero

Guest Nigel Law

ANd theres me sitting down with a chocolate buiscuit and a cup of tea looking forward to a nice 7 page long Eddie Guerreo Discussion.Now maybe im in a shitty mood after being left on my own for Valentines day (20th year running no less) but here is my two cents on the whole thing.The two articles, as I said above were based on facts, theres no way to argue that and so at the end of the day, they are going to be at least a little similar. I mean if you go on the web tonight and dig up another article on Eddie Gurreros Carear, in all likely hood it will contain many similar aspects. Same with any article you are gonna pull up, somthing on Austin is always gonna have somthing to do with his walk out, a HHH article, somthing on his relationship with Steph. These are facts, which is what the article is basically got to contain if it is to be informative.I have read both articals and no doubt they are similar, which to be honest is to be accepted.Now as for the whole reaction to the whole thing, i was shocked in the ammount of anti Nigel comments that appeared before he even told his side of the story and feel a little sorry for him on this account. It seems to me, like many times before people seem to have jumped on the popular opinion bandwagon again in hope of making themselves seem like a better and more liked poster. I'm not meaning this as a dig to anyone, but thought that was a little unfair on Nigel.As for Nigel, I have talken to him several times on MSN and he seems like a sound guy. I usually speak to him after Raw/Smacdown each week and we have a little disscusion about where we would take the shows now. He seems really knowlegeable and has a vast wrestling knowlege and seems to know his audience. He seems very professional and I really doubt that he would have done this on purpose, that would just be stupid.This whole thread in my opinion seems to show the UKFF mentality and us such should not be put into the UKFF Gold thread as it seems to me to just be a lynching job directed towards a guy who has some very nice writing jobs which a lot of people would love to be able to do. It's also a shame that said poster may not be around much anymore due to the whole thing. I mean lets be fair, did this guy take your money? Did he promise you free tickets? This is the internet people, lets try not to take things so seriously.If i pissed anyone off sorry, but I doubt I will reply in this thread again!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Sym on this one...from the Valentine's day bit to the end....Now I know I may of said some 'harsh' things about Nigel but this is purely down to his 'work'...Looking in the papers today I came across the same story...about this girl who got shot in the eye with a pellet gun at school by a boy 2 years older than him...Aberdeen area IIRC...anyway...each paper had their own writer to write about the story....yet you could argue they all copied each other since they were all pretty much the same frecking story.Did Nigel copy a PS article? It's very possible....if he were really stupid. I've never met the guy or spoken to him in a chat program...Don't know him or really want to know him...just I think a few folk are jumping the gun a little on this one.Mah two cents.

Guest GreatSas

Nigel has always come across as a straight-up, knowledgeable guy to me, heck he writes for WO.com don't ya know?! I believe him in this one. Hell, who would want to copy Mo Chatra's work anyway???!!! :crazy::laugh:

• Paid Members

...Looking in the papers today I came across the same story...about this girl who got shot in the eye with a pellet gun at school by a boy 2 years older than him...Aberdeen area IIRC...anyway...each paper had their own writer to write about the story....yet you could argue they all copied each other since they were all pretty much the same frecking story.

They probably both wrote up the same Press Association report. In 90% of stories the newspapers cook the same cake with the same ingredients and the only difference is their choice of flavouring (to use a dodgy analogy).

Mo- Maybe that's not your style of writing then, personally from experience I have about 15 things that I've made a start on for people to look forward to one day. If I had to write to deadlines with the way I tend to write I'd have a problem and would have to bash something together in double quick time. Fortunatley I'm my own boss so I don't :)Daniel- Stop angling for writers, go to the writers centre or something (psychology~!)Ray- You're a sad man ;-) at least go back where we're used to that and stop scaring the kiddies!All I know is that I've lost a good writer over this and it's affecting me in that I'm having to look for a new one

• Paid Members

All I know is that I've lost a good writer over this and it's affecting me in that I'm having to look for a new one

Rob,the thing is that this whole situation regarding the Eddie article didn't cause Nigel to quit writing. He had already made his mind up, pretty much, before any of this started. In fact, I was chatting to him just shortly before his column was posted here, and he was telling me that he had pretty much decided to quit writing, bar the occasional piece for Meltzer.Having been around the wrestling writing scene for twelve years now, I've seen many cases like this. Nigel isn't the first to take on too many writing gigs (hell, I've been in that position too, in the past), who then found it all a bit too much, and he isn't going to be the last.I remember when Rob Butcher- who was the best wrestling writer ever in my humble opinion- decided to quit. He too got burned out by writing about this business to the extent he just totally walked away from it.It'd be a shame if writing had the same effect on Nigel, so I think he's making the right decision to quit the many writing positions he had taken on. Nigel's a gifted writer, and I'm sure he'll still continue writing, albeit with far less frequency. If giving up writing for Smarkschoice (as well as Shootfabe, PWP, WON and whoever else he wrote for) means that he can start enjoying wrestling again, then I think you, I and everyone else should support him in that decision.

JNLister Posted on Feb 15 2004, 1:18 They probably both wrote up the same Press Association report. In 90% of stories the newspapers cook the same cake with the same ingredients and the only difference is their choice of flavouring (to use a dodgy analogy). 

Strangely enough...munching on a cake right this minute while reading this topic...dodgy analogy rules.

Guest vanhalen

I've not read both, but Nige's was a fairly simple looks into a well publicised career of where the information is available from anywhere.I'm happy to have Nige write for my site and he'll continue to do so. If you'd bothered looking it up you'd see he does articles on news the day it happens. Now unless you find something through google he isn't taking that from a magazine.Nige is1) A better writer than Mo Chatra2) Not stupid enough to copy stuff from a guy he works for and publicise it on a forum, unless he was very very drunk. and he'd have needed beer gogs on when it came to Mo's writing and getting that drunk would show in the typing :)Nothing to do with people being sheep? Show me some people not going "OMG IT WOZ ALWAZE GUNA HAPAN CUZ XWRESTLZING IS FRAUDZ CUZ MOJ SED SO!!!11" and I might give you some credenceUntil then I'll stick with the uncopied articles Nige has written for my site and give him the benefit of the doubt that one came off looking like another. Hell Nige showed me the article before he posted it, he knows I normally read powerslam. He stated to me that it sucked. I have it in my inbox at SC where I proof read it before it was posted. I'll take that and my own dealings with him that go back further than anyone elses here over some half assed conspiracy claptrap about two simple articles that were a bit similar. Hell you post a lot like Ray from my boards, I don't accuse you of being the same person though many of the ideas are the same in your posts. I could probably do some quotes and make a decent case if I wanted to. I won't because I'm not a twat and don't sink to wanting to lynch someone for something like this, and frankly having thought of you as a level headed guy in the past it sucks that you've lowered my opinion of you by doing soAlthough I'm sure you're 10x more over with Version1 and van halen so good for you I suppose

Rob, your an arse, stop dragging me into arguments which have fuck all to do with the thread

......Again an apology to Finlay and indeed Mo for whatever role he played in righting the piece too.......

......Again an apology to Finlay and indeed Mo for whatever role he played in writing the piece too....... Thank you.
Who is the spelling bee? :confused: He has to be a past poster as I can't see anyone coming onto the forum just to correct peoples spellings!

• 5 months later...