Wrestler's who left a bad impression on you?

truthofsin

I was thinking the other day about the wrestlers and wrestling personalities i've been fortunate enough to meet over the years. And while the majority have been a real pleasure to meet and talk to, there are some that have been quite the opposite. So it might make for a fun discussion. Who have you met that left a bad impression on you?

For me i have to say AJ Styles and Vader. Styles i've met twice and he couldnt have seemed less interested. Trying to get a smile or even a word out of the guy was like trying to get blood out a stone. Just seemed to have no time for any of the fans and would rather have been somewhere else. Vader was pretty much "cross my palm with silver, even if you already have". It was clearly all about money with him and even if you'd bought a pic or whatever, he was all about you spending more. And when you didnt, he couldnt have seemed less interested.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin Thorn, met him a 1PW and bought an Autograph and photo from him. After the photo he saw I was holding this keyboard and he turned on me and got the arse that I didn't pay for the broken snapped keyboard that was used during the Tag Match with Project Ego and I told him that it was given to me by the ref and said something along the lines of "I worked my ass off for you and you just take it for free" 

Foley twice. Once at an autograph signing for one of his books where he had a right moany face on him, and complained about the free chocolate the shop had laid on for him in-between staring glumly at the camera for photos.

Second time was during his stand up show when he threw a hissy fit because a few drunk lads had heckled him.

Torrie Wilson looked like she didn't want to be at an autograph signing with Cena a few years back, but that's understandable enough when 90% of the room are adult replica belt carriers attempting to get a look at her cleavage.

Another for AJ. Think it was a TNA show in Liverpool the first time over here. He just completely blanked me, was only signing for girls or kids if I remember right. Also wasn't overly impressed by Bret Hart, his helpers seemed more friendly and glad I was there.

I met Mick Foley twice. If you meet somebody once and it is an unpleasant experience you could put it down to them having a bad day. But when it happens twice - both times at pre-arranged signing sessions (this wasn't a chance meeting on the street or at an airport) - you can assume the individual is a bit of an arse.

The first time he did not seem happy to be there. It was after a show in a redneck nightclub in the outskirts of Detroit and he was taking polaroids with fans, but all the money raised was going to fund Sabu's medical bills.

So knowing Foley as we all know him now, having to do this after midnight for no money will probably have irritated him.

I then met him on these shores 4 months later, when he was doing a signing at the wrestling shop in Manchester the morning after TWC International Showdown.

He appeared even more pissed off to be there on that occasion, despite the fact he was pocketing all of the proceeds. I used our meeting at the Sabu show as a conversation starter, but he wasn't having any of it.

• Paid Members

CM Punk: None less punk. Dick.

Brian Christopher: Hulk Hogan's ego after, well, Brian Christopher's career.

Sabu: Aloof and petulent. His wife's nice, though.

The first time I went to Fan InterAction before the Jokers Wild II taping, I met Velvet Sky, Madison Rayne, Gunner, Bobby Roode, The BroMans & Zema Ion and James Storm. All of them were really nice when I went except Roode who wasn't very talkative, though that didn't drag it down a bit

Fast forward a year, I went to the Manchester show this time since having family up North has its advantages, of the 8 I met last year, BroMans, Gunner and Madison were on that as well (Crazzy Steve, Rebel and Low Ki were there as well in case you're wondering. Also met Dixie Carter and The Boot Camp Finalists) The BroMans were among the nicest at the Birmingham one, but they clearly looked like they didn't want to be there. Jesse was probably the nicest of the three. Probably remembered me from last year. Even Tweeted me thanks when I said nice to see you last year as well which was cool. Madison seemed a bit obtuse at someone who brought a bikini shot of her with "My proudest moment, my Dad must be so proud!" Could have been to do with how she wasn't on the the show that time. I don't know.

My sister's husband (who came along. Also helped me get my Jokers Wild II DVD signed since there's a 2 item limit and I had last year's programme (for anyone from last year I didn't get to meet) and this year's one) also Tweeted me a photo he took of The BroMans that summed it up perfectly. Here it is. https://twitter.com/jamespdone/status/561223496651796480

I was at a 1PW show, (forget which one) I was queuing up to meet Christopher Daniels when AJ Styles decides to go and have a chat with him. Nothing out of the ordinary there, except that he completely ignored everyone in the queue who tried to talk to him or asked him to stay to sign autographs as he was focusing on his conversation with Daniels. Eventually Daniels had to tell AJ to piss off (probably something more politer than that) as he was holding everyone else up.

The complete opposite - Samoa Joe. Couldn't have been nicer. Once again another 1PW show. He was trying to sneak out towards the end of the show, I went over to him to shake his hand and thank him for his match. At this point others had noticed him and formed a queue. He joking said something about the queue but stayed until he shook everyone's hand and kept a smile on his face the whole time.

AJ Styles at the PCW signing session. He looked like he'd have rather watched ISIS videos than be there. When they uploaded the photos, it looked like a whole bunch of people were posing for pictures with an AJ Styles cutout.

Also at PCW, Animal. I payed 20 quid for the photo and said to him, "L.O.D. meant the world to me when I was growing up." He just nodded. I wasn't expecting him to break bread with me, but a "Thanks" would have done.

Archived