What have you won?

truthofsin

As i just won a poster signed by DDP, Jake Roberts, and Scott Hall. I thought it could be fun to have a thread so we can share stuff we've won throughout our lives. Online competitions? PCW raffle? etc

I've done well over the years. Won a Gameboy in 93 at a fancy dress contest when i lived in Berlin. A Guinness fridge during one of those free Guinness night promotions. And a whole box of signed Airbourne vinyl, shirts, patches etc. Oh and i won a pair of tickets for Bloodstock this year while i was there last year. lol

• Paid Members

I won a portable telly when I was a kid. And I used to regularly win CDs off XFM for winning their competition to come up with the "must say phrase" for the Ticket Monkey. The only ones I can remember are The Verve, The Vines and err.... Get Cape Wear Cape Fly. Oh, and once I won the board game Frustration, but you had to go to the studio at Salford Quays to pick it up so I told them to give it to charity.

• Paid Members

Tickets to see Iron Maiden back in '93.

A bunch of 7" singles from playing Take a Letter on Crackerjack.

Glow in the dark Ghostbusters II T-shirt and two cinema tickets from Sinclair User.

A digital camera from Specsavers.

Two days in a recording studio from a battle of the bands thing.

Probably some other bits and bobs that I can't think of right now.

I've had tickets to a wrestling show which was crap. They billed a cage match, but it couldn't fit in the venue. You'd think they'd scout the place before they billed it. Shame it didn't happen because it would've been a saving grace. But I digress.

Anyway, aside from that, I've won a bottle of Jack Daniels and branded tumblers and ice bucket, a Kindle, a signed copy of The Saturdays' album, a Red Hot Chilli Peppers beanie and travel mug. I've had some cool gains from the comps I've done.

I won a fancy dress competition while on holiday in the old Yugoslavia when I was 4-5 dressed as Donatello from TMNT which pissed my cousin off big time as she was in the same competition

I've entered every competition that SV and Fremantle have done for WWE DVDs but never won a single one

I won a fancy dress competition while on holiday in the old Yugoslavia when I was 4-5 dressed as Donatello from TMNT which pissed my cousin off big time as she was in the same competition

I've entered every competition that SV and Fremantle have done for WWE DVDs but never won a single one

I won a pair of Adidas Predators and a bootbag when I was 13 or 14 at a two day course on a speed gun contest. I loved them too, but they just wasn't as comfy to wear as my Tiempo's. 

Fuck being comfy, you'd be the school don with a pair of those.

Nah, half my Sunday team were wearing them that year (99/00) plus Cantona wore Tiempo's anyway!

A weeks holiday to Amsterdam at Birmingham New Street on the way back from V99 I think. Had to give it away as was unable to get the holiday dates allowed off work/uni at the time. Aside from that won some Red Mole Promo stuff when that was a thing on the net at around the same time and oooh yes,  $1 from Free Lotto, which they actually posted me a cheque for from the US which was fun :)

Won a load of pub quizzes and was barred from one because my team kept winning a cash prize every week (usually around £50-60), winning £150 open the box one week on top of the quiz didnt help things either, we were told 'politely' not to go again.

Archived