GayXchange

PowerButchi

I was watching a version of Patrick Keiller's London on Youtube (which has now sadly been taken down) the other week, and as it had evidently been taped off Channel 4 in about '95 GayXchange came on several times.

I tried dialling the number to see if the lads were still online twenty years later, but alas the number is no longer recognised.

• Paid Members

My favourite thread ever.  Because most of what i watched or recorded in my teens was on in the early hours, these ads pop up everwhere on dozens of pre-recorded VHS in my garage.

I too remember the O EIGHT NINE ONE, FIFTY, FIFTY, FIFTY! version best with it's short burst of rave music, no one found that on YouTube yet? 

Werent they usually followed by adverts for music compilation CD's featuring Bronski Beat?

Edit - Someone else please post in another thread so the homepage dosent say GayXChange by John Matrix!

• Paid Members

I too remember the O EIGHT NINE ONE, FIFTY, FIFTY, FIFTY! version best with it's short burst of rave music, no one found that on YouTube yet? 

Here's a few adverts including that one. I remember these ones so vividly. Jo Guest makes an appearance in one.

The Father Ted parody "Priest Chat" is still hilarious in 2015.

Archived