Hosting a 'wrestling night'

Drfunke

Hi ladies and gents,

Im looking to host a night maybe once a month in a venue in the North East (Newcastle) sometime in the new year.

Have any of you any experience of this kind of thing? Have any hints or tips?

Speaking to a few people where I work (which has a strong base of wrestling fans) they would be up for this...

Do you need some sort of license to broadcast stuff to a crowd in a venue? I know Fab Cafe in Manchester show PPVs the next evening and show films, have Game Of Thrones nights (although they have that on Sky Atlantic) and all that.

The only thing about taking part in any kind of wrestling quiz it always turns into a " I know more about wrestling than you" or "I've watched wrestling longer than you" kind of night. Wrestling fans hate to be outdone by other wrestling fans on their knowledge of the business. It's bad enough on online forums.

Haha cheers for the input guys. Just fancy doing something this year like this. Big group in my work up for it and even just getting a pub to stick some drinks offers on to get us in the place etc. There's a market for a wrestling themed pub I'm sure in the North East. Loads of promotions about etc. Just a small bar

Haha cheers for the input guys. Just fancy doing something this year like this. Big group in my work up for it and even just getting a pub to stick some drinks offers on to get us in the place etc. There's a market for a wrestling themed pub I'm sure in the North East. Loads of promotions about etc. Just a small bar

That would be ace. Loads of memorabilia and belts on show. 80's entrance music on loop. You could cut a deal with a micro brewery to make wrestling named ales. Get John Matrix to design the logos. 

Just as long as no WRESTLING~! chants were allowed.

Archived