Oscar Pistorius isn't a murderer...

PunkStep

• Paid Members

...but he could be guilty of manslaughter still- which is surely the likely outcome.

Anyone surprised by this? I'm not surprised he isn't guilty of pre-meditated murder but I was expecting common-law murder. Judge ruled there wasn't enough evidence to prove this, so looks like it'll be manslaughter.

His lawyer must've pulled out this old trick

0330chewbacca.jpg

I don't really care that much either way, but there has been some unintentionally hilarious stuff on social media today. Someone was going on that they deliberately held the trial on the anniversary of 9/11 so as to "bury the bad news" of him getting off. That particular theory has been somewhat ruined by the adjournment. 

Let's face it. We all hate Oscar after his tantrum in the Special Olympics and want him to get sent down as much for that as for shooting up his missus. I kind of want him to get off completely so I can sit back and enjoy watching the internet explode. 

• Moderators

South Africa is a fucking insane dangerous cesspool. I'd not be surprised if Jake the Peg did shoot her accidentally thinking it was some housejacker or something. I fucking hate South Africa, it should be banned.

When you're in a nice area in a secure house / compound it's actually really easy to forget what a shithole a lot of the country can be.

I thought it would be hard to relax, but you do actually feel pretty safe a lot of the time there - in plenty of public places too.

• Paid Members

South Africa is a fucking insane dangerous cesspool. I'd not be surprised if Jake the Peg did shoot her accidentally thinking it was some housejacker or something. I fucking hate South Africa, it should be banned.

When you're in a nice area in a secure house / compound it's actually really easy to forget what a shithole a lot of the country can be.

I thought it would be hard to relax, but you do actually feel pretty safe a lot of the time there - in plenty of public places too.

Yeah, Cape Town's really nice and laid back - makes it very difficult to imagine that Soweto's even on the same continent, let alone in the same country.

• Moderators

I found Johannesburg to be a complete shithouse. Every cunt just seemed to be on edge all the time.

Yeah, Joburg is pretty awful.

It's pretty crazy that there's such extremes in the country, in both cities and the more rural areas. You can go to some towns even that are properly remote, and you might think you'd feel exposed, but they felt like little quaint British seaside towns, and there was barely any security.

• Paid Members

From what I can gather, the reason he's been cleared of murder is simply because he shot through a door. Unfortunately the judge has a very valid point. If you were intending to murder someone, and even if it's a crime of passion, why would you shoot someone through a door when there is a distinct possibility that depending on where that person was sitting or standing, of actually surviving?

Archived