Best and worst entrance theme ever?

RETRO-WRESTLING

Hey guys, what are your thoughts on the best and worst wrestling entrance theme ever? From the mid 80's to present day there have been some amazing tracks produced for wrestlers as well as some stinkers.

Of course, its always tough to get a tune out of your head when you have one in there! But for us, the best 'foot tapper' is Sherri's version of Sexy Boy for Shawn Michaels, and probably the worst theme is the WWF Steiner Brothers theme. 

We are sure a lot of you will have your own thoughts and would love to hear your opinions!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The worst wrestling themes ever for me were ones where it was incessent earache and you just wanted it to stop, like the RTC siren and Isaac Yankem DDS' drill.

My favourites were some of the Jimmy Hart cuts from the 80s glory days like Hart Attack and Snake Bit. OF COURSE, Girls In Cars. The fiercest of them all was Demolition's theme and the funnest was probably All American Boys. Later on, you couldn't go wrong with "I'm The Mountie" for a bit of a laugh, and in WCW I was a big fan of Steinerized and Man Called Sting. Camp as Christmas, but fun.

My legitimate favourites however are mostly the "real" songs, that just seemed to fit the character, or generated big reactions for their audiences :

Metallica "Line In The Sand" (Evolution)

Metallica "Seek And Destroy" (Sting)

Jimmy Hendrix "Voodoo Child" (Hollywood Hogan)

Metallica "Enter Sandman" (The Sandman, ECW)

Alice In Chains "Man In The Box" (Tommy Dreamer, ECW)

The Offspring "Come Out And Play" (Raven, ECW)

AFI "Miseria Cantare" (CM Punk, ROH)

Marilyn Manson "Personal Jesus" (Austin Aries, ROH)

And others.

Lots of my mates always had a bone on for Xfactors theme .... not sure why.

I don't mind 'actual' songs but I wasn't fussed when wwe went through a spate of re doing current themes (for the most part with bad nu metal)

I like if the theme fits the gimmick, Billy and chuck, Christians 'you're on your own'  and at the moment Jack Swaggers all fit great.

But to give it credit boss mans BAKA DA DAA DA has been on a loop in my mind since about 2000

• Paid Members

Metallica "Line In The Sand" (Evolution)

That was Motorhead not Metallica

And it was written by Jim Johnston, specifically for Evolution, and just performed by Motorhead, too.

• Paid Members

Also, many Puro themes are amazing. Tanaka's "Dangan," Nakamura's "Subconscious" and many others too numerous to mention. "Kaze Ni Nare" is my favourite though, mostly because it's awesome, but also because I love Suzuki.

That was Motorhead not Metallica

Of course it was. Posting at work, can't multi-task.

Archived