The Tag Rope Issue #2

TheTagRope

Hey guys, 

I figured this would be the place to post this.

Some of you may know that for the last three months, I've been setting up my own professional wrestling magazine, and after many late-night stints with only Hola Unblocker and the WWE Network to keep me company, I'm happy to announce that the second issue is finally available to order. 

"The second issue? But what about the first?", I hear you probably not ask. Well basically, the first issue was only a 16-page magazine done for a university assignment, but I enjoyed doing it so much that I decided to keep going with it. You can check it out at this link if you're so inclined, it's got an interview with Dave Mastiff in it, where he shows that he's actually just a lovely guy from The Black Country. Except one that likes cannonballing onto people at the weekend.

But back to the second issue. It's been bumped up and expanded to 44-pages in full living colour, and contains some cracking articles ranging from a 20-year celebration of the inaugural Super J Cup event, a discussion about the evolution of professional wrestling crowds over the years (and why ECW may be to blame) and all the details from our trip to Wrestlemania this year. (Spoiler: We bumped into Virgil and it was bloody fantastic). 

We even managed to wrangle an interview out of "The King of Old School" Steve Corino where he tells us why professional wrestling is a lot like pizza. And Mojo Rawley is a lot like anchovies, for acquired tastes only. 

It's available for only £3, that's the price of a pint (thereabouts), and might just be the best purchase you make all day. Or at least top 3. If you have any questions, feel free to ask away, or head on over to http://thetagrope.bigcartel.com to place your order, cheers all!

P.S. And whilst I'm telling you to do things for me so I can become rich and bloody famous, like my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter. Please? 

D8wY7VK.jpg

It's funny you should mention that, Mr. Astro Hollywood, because there happens to be a review of one of the greatest literary journeys of our generation tucked away in there.

Unfortunately, people will have to buy the magazine to find out what it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a quick update to things, Issue #2 is selling well and feedback is extremely positive thus far, you can have a look at the finished product in living colour below. 

mNY48Ja.jpg

I'll be heading off on my holidays on the 20th of the month, so if you're considering placing an order, please do head on over to http://www.thetagrope.bigcartel.com and get it in sooner rather than later.

Think we're the only independently-run A4 wrestling magazine in England at the moment, so any support is massively appreciated. We've put together a short (naff) YouTube advert here, if you want to see what the insides of the mag look like, otherwise, cheers to everyone who's picked up a copy thus far!

Cheers for the kind words gents, just a quick update to say I'm off on my holidays for a fortnight on August 20th (next Wednesday), so if you want to make sure you get your copy, please do make sure you order by August 18th (next Monday).

And if you've already got yourself a copy, please do let me know what you think of it, all criticism will be taken on board in preparation for the third issue, tentatively set for release in October. 

Archived