Xbox One thread

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Anybody have one? What games have you enjoyed and would recommend? What games are you really pumped for? Additionally, feel free to stick your Gamertags in for adding.

I've only been playing FIFA14 and Killer Instinct but at the end of the month I'm getting Titanfall and PvZ. I'm really looking forward to Destiny and Sunset Overdrive.

I love the TV integration so far although the voice controls can be hit and miss but that might be something I can fix by recalibrating the Kinect.

My Gamertag is kingoftheting.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

FreezeCarl5000 here.

I wouldn't bother with PvZ, especially if you're getting Titanfall. Partly because it's shit, but also because Titanfall is such a superior FPS that PvZ looks even shitter in comparison.

Games with Gold is giving away Guacamelee this month, playing it now and it seems like a decent beat em up version of Metroid. Max: Curse of The Brotherhood was on there last month, not sure if you can still get it, but that's a decent game. Very similar to old Abe's Oddysee and Heart of Darkness type games.

Sniper Elite 3 is decent but riddled with bugs including online matchmaking barely working and vanishing crosshairs, I'd wait until it inevitably drops in price.

• Paid Members

Ah right. Over on /r/xboxone they love PvZ on there as an alternative to Titanfall. Maybe I'll try and play it somewhere else first.

I am going to download Guacamelee.

I'll be adding anyone who's cool with it as EVERYBODY I know is on PSN :(

• Paid Members

Dave Eddie01

Feel free to add me.

I was going to wait to buy one but my blu ray player died not long after launch and i didnt see the point in buying a new player if I'd eventually be getting an Xbox.

The line up of games so far is still weak but Ive enjoyed Battlefield4. Still need to get Titanfall

Dead Rising was fun but it gets very repetitive.

Max is still available, it's carried over from last month. Halo : Spartan Assault is the game that's now gone for this month.

I've had the console since launch and aside from some technical faults (the kinect sensor and the console have both been replaced under warranty) I think it's great. There's a good library of games building, with some big titles out later this year as well. The extra functionality is all great, Netflix and other VOD services work well and I've found myself watching the Twitch app a lot recently too. Really good way to get a feel for a game if you're on the fence about buying it.

Also RETRO 78 if you want to add me.

Is Titanfall good then? I wasn't hugely impressed by the videos, but I guess it's all about the play.

I'm still dithering which console to get - waiting for that killer app which tips me over.

Is Titanfall good then? I wasn't hugely impressed by the videos, but I guess it's all about the play.

I'm still dithering which console to get - waiting for that killer app which tips me over.

It's fun, but it's not groundbreaking. Fighting in titans isn't enjoyable to me, but the wall-running and jumping/boosting feels natural and the mechanics are good. I'd recommend it if you do get an XB1, especially since the Titanfall bundle is popping up for

I honestly couldn't recommend buying a Xbox just for Titanfall, it's fun but not worth splashing out for a new system IMO.

If you have a PC that can run it (I don't think it needs a powerhouse) then I would recommend getting it for that, runs very well on my PC (GTX 650, 3.5ghz processor) and is a little cheaper that it's console counterpart. As for the game itself it's a solid starting point for a new series but a little lacking in actual meat compared to most current shooters.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Destiny Beta drops for us 6am tomorrow morning. I have tomorrow off work and I really can't wait. I went from being pumped for the game, to being a bit "meh", back to feeling pumped again. Will anyone be on and want to hook up?

Also, I beat Ryse the other day (I'm renting games that I'm unlikely to play through more than once from Boomerang Games). It was fine. Really quite easy, even on Centurion (not bothering to play again on Legendary.) Quite repetitive, but nothing offensive.

Signed in for the first time in donkey's years because I get lonely on the Xbox One.

If anyone fancies a game of UFC, Fifa14, Cod Ghosts or Titanfall my gt is Roc5teadyCrew

I still haven't got my Beta code for Destiny. Think Amazon have shut me out :(

If anyone has a spare Beta code, I can 'hook up' so to speak

Archived