Summer Transfer Thread

MoistVaj

I know it's a bit early but thought I'd get the ball rolling with this.

A few transfers have already been arranged and agreed, Robert Lewandowski is joining Bayern Munich from bitter rivals Borussia Dortmund and Nemanja Vidic has signed for Inter Milan on a free too. I can't grudge Vida his move, one last payday although I think he still had a lot to offer.

Should be an interesting summer with United looking to spend heavily, as well as the other usual suspects too. Will Arsene Wenger finally buy a top class striker? Will Chelsea sort their striking problems? Let the gossip begin!

• Paid Members

United supposedly asked about Cavani and about Mangala but the latter is due to go to City. We have been linked with him for last 12 months but deal is said to be close already (Apparently we will do like last year and get in people early....)

Only watched him twice but he looks a right dope but there must be something there... I hope.

• Paid Members

United are apparently about to be linked with everyone that has ever played the game ever as well as those that haven't played the game just yet.

And will miss out on them all.

• Paid Members

I REALLY read a tweet by one top Manchester covering reporter (Forgot name but i'l get it if needed) that United #NO1 target is......

Fucking Cesc.

Apparently they think they can get him (again)

Must be something to it.

Edit - Checked it was Daniel Taylor of Guardian...

In midfield - don't roll your eyes - the player #MUFC want above all is Cesc Fabregas. Deja vu, yes. But their info, they think, is solid

• Paid Members

Yeah. United being linked to the same old names and some new ones. Fabregas, Toni Kroos, Cavani, Luke Shaw and the likes. Same ones we spend months on and never quite manage to get. Hopefully we'll wrap up the Des Walker deal that the Sun predicted before the Sheff Wed game that Bruce scored twice in. Batistuta would give United much needed fire power now Cantona isn't there as well.

Kroos and Strootman (who Moyes didnt want) are Van Gaal's two main targets if he takes over if you believe the major fanzines.

I'd be gutted if Kluivert wasn't part of Van Gaal's team if he is appointed. Sky were reporting at tea time that United are considering other managerial candidates despite positive talks with Van Gaal. Could well start to get interesting, that one.

• Paid Members

I might be mental, but I'm probably in the 1% minority of United fans that think Fellaini could still come good for United. He's not shown it this season, but I think he's got it in him to turn it around. I just seem to have taken an irrational liking to the big mad bastard. I'd play him ahead of Cleverley every day.

Jack Colback is to become a Newcastle player, so you can imagine how that has gone down. Out of contract, played like shit for most of the season and only really doing good the past 3 games but as long as he helps us stay up I can't say I'm too bothered about the loss - he is a lifelong Mag anyway. Bit of a kick in the teeth not getting a fee though.

Similarly, its generally accepted that Craig Gardner will be signing for West Brom on a free.

Everton have been linked with Adam Johnson, which would be a good fit for both parties but I hope we keep him. Altidore will probably go back to Holland. Seb Larsson is wanted by Borussia M

United are apparently about to be linked with everyone that has ever played the game ever as well as those that haven't played the game just yet.

Same old summer then?

Juventus have agreed a deal with Barcelona for Alexis Sanchez

Some of the expiring contracts in the premiership

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Bacary Sagna

Samuel Eto'o

John Terry

Patrice Evra

Joleon Lescott

Ashley Cole

Sebastian Larsson

Nicklas Bendtner