DOA Wrestling UK

DOA Wrestling

1233547_301803569957556_930051348_n.jpg

DOA Wrestling UK finally launches with a show at the United Services Club in March, Cambridgeshire on Saturday 5th October 2013. Tickets are moving fast but there are still tickets available so order yours now and dont miss a huge night of action.

1237127_303652033106043_749215590_n.jpg

The main event will see the first DOA UK Heavyweight champion crowned as former ROH, Wrestling Society X and Extreme Rising star "New Orleans Bad Boy" Luke Hawx makes his UK debut against the famous Knight family member "The Highlight" Zak Knight. This match will be fought under 2 out of 3 falls rules as all future DOA UK Heavyweight title matches will be. Who will emerge as the first heavyweight champion?

999139_303655543105692_1847523109_n.jpg

The second title match of the evening will see Bellatrix Female Warriors regular from Norway "Nordic Valkyrie" Miss Mina go to war with the "All-American Canadian" Addy Starr who is also making her UK debut. This is a never before seen match for the DOA Sirens Championship. Starr is famous for competing throughout Canada against alot of male opponents but will not get an easy night against the impressive Miss Mina.

1185545_303656226438957_808910557_n.jpg

The Adrenaline Cup makes its long awaited debut with 2 quarter final matches. The first will see former House of Pain and LCW Champion "The Heat" L.J Heron take on WAW regular Peter Nixon. These 2 have never met in the ring and that means anything can happen. Heron is the obvious favorite but anyone who follows WAW will tell you that Nixon is capable of causing an upset.

1003072_303689453102301_1126482829_n.jpg

The 2nd quarter final match will see WAW wrestler of the year "Skyhawk" Alex Young continue his impressive young career against a man he has competed against before, in some superb matches, "Aerial Express" Miguel Ramirez. This match will be competed at a hectic pace and Ramirez is heading over from Austria for the chance to become the DOA Adrenaline Division Champion.

1185392_303657343105512_254777532_n.jpg

In a match that has been rescheduled once already we will finally see 2 of the UK's best young tag teams collide as former WAW British Tag Team Champions Special Edition (Kip Sabian and Brad Slayer) go 2 on 2 with Battle Squad Awesome ("Diamond" Dave Andrews and "Adrenaline" Danny Chase) in a match for the DOA UK Tag Team titles. Which young team will come out on top and add the DOA titles to their waists?

1186271_303688936435686_511180674_n.jpg

Richard Parliament has been vocal for a while about his willingness to impose his policies on DOA but when he issued an open challenge he may have bitten off more than he can chew when it was accepted by current WAW European Heavyweight Champion and one half of the RQW European Tag Team Champions "The Lion" Aaron Sharp. Parliament has responded to this by recruiting his own personal bodyguard for the event in the shape of the impressive Ryan Harris.

1002526_303656569772256_1154873621_n.jpg

The final spot in the Adrenaline Cup is up for grabs as the flamboyant FSW wrestler Shaun Simmons will get a chance against the BOBW Champion Inferno Dragon. Can the youngster pick up a suprise victory against the established Dragon or will big match experience be the deciding factor in Inferno Dragon advancing into the tournament?

DOA WRESTLING UK:

Facebook: facebook.com/doawrestling

Twitter: @DOAWRESTLINGUK

Tel: 07926432421

Email: doawrestling@inbox.com

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the May show also got cancelled then? Seems ridiculous it's taken 10 months since the initial first show was cancelled to finally get up and running after the May show not going forward was not mentioned at all.

Shame that the first show had a real potential dream match in BritWres of McKinnan vs Ospreay to a card that fails to inspire anything of note.

Yes the May show got cancelled due to issues with the venue and it was all announced at the time. It has taken a long time to get this up and running but I hope that we can build now we are finally set up. The planned Ospreay VS McKinnan match is something I would still like to happen but I was not able to make that happen on this show, both are great talent that I hope to work with in the future. This shows line up to me is very interesting with lots of never before seen matches and people making UK debuts.

Also yes they are bad cropping by myself as I am still learning at the match graphics.

Oh and remember anyone who had their tickets to the May show refunded can claim half price tickets to this show.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick results:

Richard Parliament def. Inferno Dragon

Adrenaline Cup Quarter Final - L.J Heron def. Peter Nixon

Shaun Simmons def. Rexx Wylde

DOA UK Tag Team Championships - Special Edition (Brad Slayer & Kip Sabian) def. Battle Squad Awesome ('Diamond' Dave Andrews & 'Adrenaline' Danny Chase)

Interval

Adrenaline Cup Quarter Final - Skyhawk Alex Young and Miguel Ramirez fought to a 15 minute time limit draw.

After the match L.J Heron (who had watched the match from ringside) entered the ring and declared that as there was no winner he should get a bye to the final. Unfortunately for Heron it was announced that both men would advance and we would have a 3 way semi final - L.J Heron versus Skyhawk versus Miguel Ramirez!

DOA Sirens Championship - Miss Mina def. Addy Starr

DOA UK Heavyweight Championship - Zak Knight def. Luke Hawx in an incredibly hard hitting battle fought under 2 out of 3 falls rules.

Commentary - Ollie Dean & Peter Nixon

MC - Nathan Connor

Referees - Joe Penny & Gareth Reed

Photos and a more in depth write up is incoming.

Thanks to everyone who attended the show and made it such a success.

I don't go to a lot of indie shows but what with this being SO local, plus a few of my mates know the guy running it, I decided to go along. Really glad I went to this. Was a well attended, lively show with a good crowd of all ages (seriously, ages from 4-80). I hadn't looked at all into the card before the show as I don't overly follow the indies but after seeing "wrestling with the Knights" I admit I did mark out a little when Zak Knight came out haha. Luke Hawx wasn't too impressed when I started chanting "Perry Saturn" at him. (he really looks like him with his beard) The main event was the best match of the night and rightly so.

Tag match was another good one. special edition and BSA were fast paced and flew as high as they could (it was a very low ceiling). Skyhawk and Miguel Ramirez was a great little match with good in ring work on show and although it was a shame not to get a clear cut winner, it's probably a smart move to move them both forward in the tournament as a triple threat with LJ Heron should be good. Shout out has to go Richard Parliment as he really got the kids up. Good/funny mic work which i didn't expect at an indie show. Womens match seemed to shock the casual fans (just there out of interest i guess, it's a really small town I live in ha) at some of the bumps the girls took. Miss Mina was the best heel of the night. pummelling addy star at times. the kids hated her! (i cheered her because she had a good tattoo and was fit, is that wrong?)

For their first show it seemed to go really smoothly but maybe the beers took my attention away by the end. I'm sure they might have had a few first show hiccups but the ring announcer and refs seemed to cover up any problems pretty well.

Looking forward to any videos Leaky!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Just throwing this out there. Its a link to our free match givaway from our debut show featuring the crowning of the first ever DOA UK Tag Team Champions. Hope you all enjoy.

As for our second show, we have had to shuffle the card slightly due to Zak Knight suffering a long term injury. The full card is as follows:

Heavyweight Showdown

'The Lion' Aaron Sharp Vs. 'The Barbarian' Karl Kramer

DOA UK Tag Team Championships

Special Edition (Kip Sabian & Brad Slayer)© Vs. Power & Politics (Richard Parliament & Ryan Harris)

Adrenaline Cup Quarter Final

Furio Vs. 'The Wonderkid' Jonny Storm

Adrenaline Cup Quarter Final

'The Australian Anarchist' Syd Parker Vs. Shaun Simmons

Loco Mike Mason Vs. Alex Young

'The Monster' Karn Vs. Peter Nixon

Sirens Division Match

Chanel Vs. 'The All-American Canadian' Addy Starr

1460075_326411334163446_1845168631_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Results for DOA:II -

Ryan Harris def Richard Parliament

Jonny Storm def Drew Marshall to advance in the Adrenaline Cup

Karn def Peter Nixon

Karn then issues an open challenge claiming to need a better opponent. This was answered by The Pitbull Scott Fusion and set our main event for the evening.

Special Edition (Kip Sabin & Brad Slayer) def Alex Young & Syd Parker to retain the DOA Tag Team Championships

Shaun Simmons def Furio to advance in the Adrenaline Cup

Addy Starr def Chanel

Scott Fusion def Karn

MC- Nathan Connor

Referees- Joe Penny & Ricky Poole

Commentary- Ollie Dean & Peter Nixon

Next show is February 22nd at the Hunter Club in Bury St Edmunds where we will crown a new DOA Heavyweight Champion and Miss Mina will make her first UK defense of the DOA Sirens Championship.

• 8 months later...

Been a while since I have posted on here but here are the results from our last 2 shows:

DOA March Mania - Saturday 5th April 2014 - United Services Club, March, Cambs.

Battle Squad: Awesome (Danny Chase & Dave Andrews) def. Richard Parliament & The Mighty Zhukov

Addy Starr def. Chanel

Scott Fusion def. Rexx Wylde

Enchilado def. Kenny Mac

Kip Sabin & Peter Nixon def. Furio & Villman for the DOA UK Tag Team Championships

Jonny Storm def. LJ Heron in an Adrenaline Cup Semi Final

[MC: Alec Burnitt; Referee: Ricky Poole; Commentary: Ollie Dean & Peter Nixon]

DOA Golden Chance - Saturday 2nd August 2014 - United Services Club, March, Cambs.

LJ Heron def. Zak Northern to earn the number 20 slot in the main event Golden Chance rumble.

Villman & Furio def. The Hunter Brothers to become number one contenders to the DOA UK Tag Team Championships

Chanel def Lola

Addy Starr def. Peter Nixon

Cy Gregory def. Danny Blaze via Red Card

Alex Young def. Danny Chase in an Adrenaline Cup Semi Final

LJ Heron defeated 19 other DOA wrestlers in the Golden Chance rumble, lastly eliminating Cy Gregory to become the new DOA UK Heavyweight Champion!

Remaining dates for 2014:

DOA 1 Year Anniversary Show - Saturday 18th October 2014 - United Services Club, March, Cambs

WAW vs DOA - Saturday 15th November 2014 - Westbury Social Club, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk

DOA Jingle Brawls - Saturday 13th December 2014 - United Services Club, March, Cambs

Archived