The Preston City Wrestling Thread

• Paid Members

I genuinely have no idea, but my guess for the international mystery man is Johnny Gargano, who's here doing stuff for Southside and Tidal this month. He's also already known to PCW fans from when he came in to face Dar a couple of years ago.

I also reckon Lionheart's getting eliminated first round by Joey.

Billy Kirkwood & I will be rolling out a new installment of I Am The Tag Team Champions on the Friday night after the show. All included in the ticket price so if you're there on Friday then you're welcome to stick around. Mostly new material, mostly new guests... We're going to be joined by Uhaa Nation, Dave Mastiff and the man that's gradually becoming our Alan Davies the one & only Dave Rayne.

Billy Kirkwood & I will be rolling out a new installment of I Am The Tag Team Champions on the Friday night after the show. All included in the ticket price so if you're there on Friday then you're welcome to stick around. Mostly new material, mostly new guests... We're going to be joined by Uhaa Nation, Dave Mastiff and the man that's gradually becoming our Alan Davies the one & only Dave Rayne.

well looking forward to it. was a cracking way to finish the night at the ROH weekend. 

shame mansons not gonna be there though :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I genuinely have no idea, but my guess for the international mystery man is Johnny Gargano, who's here doing stuff for Southside and Tidal this month. He's also already known to PCW fans from when he came in to face Dar a couple of years ago.

Gargano has already home buddy.

I'm sure you will happy with the replacement ;) 

Del Rio has had to withdraw with a shoulder injury. There's more details here.http://www.prestoncitywrestling.com/news/2015/03/10/alberto-del-rio-update

It's a leg injury, more specifically he has a partially torn (or possibly strained) quad. There's a big Lucha Underground taping the following weekend and he's been advised to rest his leg so that he can feature at the tapings next week.

Wow, big call that Benny.

I'm pegging him to win the whole thing. His mum & dad are coming down from Scotland to see his first match back after a year out. His mum either has never seen him wrestle live, or has only seen him one or two times a long time ago. At the very least I think he'll beat Hayes.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

The point I was making was that Lionheart himself tweeted a few days ago that it was a big deal to him that both his parents were going to be in attendance tomorrow, as he hasnt wrestled in a year and the last time they were in Preston was to bring him home from the hospital. He also said his mum rarely sees him wrestle live.

In other news, Justin Gabriel has announced on Twitter that he's pulled out of the shows, as he's having Visa trouble getting into the country.

By the way check out the PCW comeback video for Lionheart that will open tomorrow's show. I will be stunned if he loses to Hayes after seeing this:

• Paid Members

So this all starts TODAY.

Seems PJ Blick is out now too, due to problems with his visa when he arrived at the airport.  It’s a shame, but this is one seriously loaded weekend even without him (and I must admit to forgetting he was even on the shows until seeing the news of his non-appearance).

Is there still one international name to come?  PCW seem to be saying Carlito and Christopher Daniels were booked as replacements after Alberto El Patron was pulled, so isn’t there a guy who was supposed to be Kirby’s original surprise opponent?  I had wondered about Chris Sabin showing up, given that he’s also wrestling in Kent for IPW:UK this weekend (also featuring VINCE RUSSO in a match...), but am pretty clueless.  U-Gene will be up to something as-yet confirmed too.

So much to look forward to.  Highlights for me will be Lionheart’s big return and the Uhaa vs. Masters ‘Loser Leaves PCW’ title match I’ve said plenty about already, but in all fairness these PCW weekenders are always so, so much fun as an overall experience and there will be highlights coming out that we haven’t even thought about yet.

See you all there and, if not, keep an eye on @BenPCorrigan for live results, news, notes and thoughts (if the WiFi works!)!

Saw this on their website, Benny.

UPDATE 2 11.03.15 - 8am - I have managed to secure the services of two solid international talents to replace Alberto Del Rio!We also have a guest unannounced international star (Friday only) we didnt announce so three names to come!

Superticket holders - You will get the two replacement names and the Friday guest name(meet & greet post show on Friday only).

Alberto Del Rio Combo Holders - You can have a refund or will get the two replacement names and the Friday guest name(meet & greet post show on Friday only). So three for the price of one. Or you can use your combo on any other star name instead!

Alberto Del Rio Photo or Autograph Voucher Holders - You can have a refund or will get the two replacement names and the Friday guest name(meet & greet post show on Friday only). So three for the price of one. Or you can use your photo voucher on any other star name instead!

I hope you understand and like the replacements! With so little time it was not easy to get anybody nevermind two names!

Final Edit - Carlito and Chirstopher Daniels Announced! One to go on Friday ;)