Triple X Wrestling: THE THREAD! Next show Jan 25th

Quentin

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick results:

Dave Mercy beat Local Jobber #2 via roll-up/cheating

Chase Alexander beat Kieran Young via chopblock on Young's knee + pin

'Flash' Morgan Webster beat Mike Bird by stoppage (Bird passed out to Webster's Strangler guillotine choke)

The Hunter Brothers beat Slapdash Tag Team

Damian Dunne beat Gideon by DQ (Gideon was replacing an injured Eddie Dennis)

The New Henchmen (Jim Diehard/Rob Terry) beat Titans of Terror (Scott Grimm/Big Grizzly) via Diehard powerbomb on Grizzly

Pete Dunne beat Doug Williams

• Paid Members

Another very good show from Triple-X last Sunday.  They’re on a bit of a roll at the moment, as the April, June and now August events have been very strong indeed.  The current crop of storylines and characters are really striking gold and the actual in-ring wrestling is probably better now than it ever has been here.  It was also encouraging to see a larger crowd in attendance, likely the biggest since the Sabu show a year ago.  Even better, those there were enthusiastic, reactive and willing to get into the show and the characters in a big way with both their support and their heckling, making for a fantastic atmosphere.

The show opened with ‘Sleazy Bastard’ Dave Mercy interrupting host Omer Ibrahim.  Mercy wasn’t scheduled for a match, but a video that played on the big screens before the show promised that he was going to turn up.  The reaction/groan from the entire audience when R:Kelly hit, and people realised what was coming, was just tremendous.  Mercy is brilliant – easily one my favourite ‘new’ guys I’ve become aware of this year.  His crotch-thrusting, gyrating and dancing had people literally running for cover; a few unfortunate individuals were slow off the mark and ended up being grinded...  He’s doing a winning streak thing, starting to make a bit of a fuss about the fact he was 3-0.  Omer wanted nothing to do with ‘Sleazy Bastard’, so called out anyone at all to answer his challenge.  The call was answered by Local Jobber #2, whose music also popped the crowd big.  A typically fun match, with LJ2 getting more offence in on Mercy than he has on anyone else to date.  He even looked fairly competitive and in the end it took a handful of tights on a roll-up for Mercy to get the win.  4-0...

Chase Alexander vs. ‘Indy Guy’ Kieran Young was next.  Young unfortunately came out to new entrance music that was significantly less indyriffic than before, but still does all the dives and stuff as a marvellous spoof of indy wrestling.  Alexander was making his second XXX appearance under this character.  He’s supposed to be a Hollywood celebrity party guy, accompanied by agent Shane Lex, who it seems is no longer a mad professor.  Lex’s constant interference and his, erm, outfit prompted the crowd into singing “You look like a dickhead; You look like a dickhead; Na na na na (hey!); Na na na na (hey!)”.  Another entertaining contest, Alexander found victory when he took out Young’s knee.

Something notable was that Omer Ibrahim and some dude were recording live commentary from the stage during the show, which should add something to the DVD/YouTube releases.

Teacher vs. student followed that, as ‘Flying’ Mike Bird came in for only his second XXX match in an attempt to put an end to the long-running disrespectful ways of former pupil 'Flash' Morgan Webster.  ‘Flash’ Morgan Wanker, more like.  Lots of TALKING IN ANGRY WELSH ACCENTS to start with, as Bird tried to get Morgan to apologise and show respect, but Webster was having none of it.  It continued down this vein as a very heavy storyline-orientated bout, quite a lot different to your usual XXX fare, but absolutely compelling.  As it went along, we were treated to a dramatic and exciting match as Bird tried to beat some respect into the young punk.  Well, he’s not a punk, he’s a mod, but you know what I mean.  The fans took joy in singing “Webster, you’re a knob; Webster, Webster you’re a knob”.  The finish came when Morgan went down clutching his leg.  Bird showed momentary restraint, allowing ‘faking Flash’ to seize the advantage and lock in a chokehold until the referee called for the bell.  Actually, not the bell, since there wasn’t one, meaning THE FANS had to make a BELL NOISE at the start and end of each bout.  This was actually a great match – I really enjoyed it and lost myself in what they were doing.  Webster’s still a prick, though...

Also noticeable that the Preston ‘ONE FALL’ thing has now caught on in XXX, as it also did in RevPro, DG:UK, FutureShock and probably more…

Moving on from the fact he tricked Tyler Bate out of a scheduled title shot for no other reason than ‘he’s a bit of a cunt’, Chris Brookes and the naïve Bate came together as ‘Slapdash Tag Team’ next to face The Hunter Brothers.  “Piss off back to Tipton, Piss off back to Tipton, etc. etc.”.  Actually, well, yes.  A good action-packed duos duel.  Brookes is another of those that I have come to really enjoy over the last year.  Early on, he was launched in the air and reprised his ‘Spidercunt’ hanging from the ceiling spot, only to be pulled immediately down.  Later on, as the Hunters and Bate were fighting in the crowd area, Brookes again jumped up, but this time Spidercunted his way across the ceiling beams until he was above them and then dropped down onto the pile.  The end of the match saw Brookes attempt to throw powder in his opponent’s eyes (because, well, ‘he’s a bit of a cunt’), only for Hunter to move and Brookes instead blind his own partner, leaving Bate easy prey for a Hunters win.

Afterwards, despite it being due to his own fuck-up, Brookes blamed Bate for the loss (because SEE ABOVE), saying he could forgive him for the loss, but he could not forgive him for "THAT STUPID MOUSTACHE".  Boooo.  Brookes produced a bag of cheap-looking razors, and demanded that Tyler shave off the moustache there and then.  NO!  After thinking about it for a while, Bate threw the razor down and finally laid into Brookes, who promptly scarpered.  I loved this – a little spot that played up Brookes’ persona, made Bate look a million dollars and, most importantly, naturally set up a match for people to instantly start looking forward to.  Wrestling really is that simple.  Tyler Bate is terrific.  He’s either going to be a top, top UK name down the line, or he’ll disappear into a ‘real world’ of university and a career and forget all this silly wrestling bollocks, but it’s actually SCARY how good he is at just 17 years old.

After the interval, the situation surrounding the XXX Championship took centre stage.  Pete Dunne is the number one contender to Eddie Dennis’ belt by virtue of winning a 4-way last time but before he receives his shot, tonight Dennis and Dunne each picked the other’s opponent.  ‘Pick Your Poison’, some might say.  So, Eddie was to face Damien Dunne while Pete had to wrestle Doug Williams.

Well, that was what was supposed to happen.  Eddie Dennis instead came out to the usual calls of “BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD WALES” and said that he had injured his leg and could not compete.  He had a Doctor’s note and everything.  Subsequent chants of “BAAAAAAAAAAAAD CHAMPION” led him to explaining that school term starts again soon, and if he were to turn up with a bad leg and a bruised faced, the Headmistress would not be impressed. “BAAAAAAAAAAAAD TEACHER”.  Instead, he brought out his ‘friend’ Gideon as the replacement to fight Damien Dunne.  Now, I think this guy is the tag team partner of the ‘other’ Jekyll in the Wales/Bristol/Hereford/Gloucester area, who I believe I saw once years ago on an LDN show.  With his bald head and big bushy beard, the audience took great pleasure in immediately pointing out “He’s got his heeeeeaad on, upside down; He’s got his heeeeeaad on; etc.”  They proceeded to have a perfectly fine big man vs. little man match, with Eddie sticking around to provide commentary and frequent insertions.  Damien was awarded the win by disqualification when Gideon gave him a blatant low blow in full view of the referee.  Afterwards, Dennis and Gideon dished out a double-team beat-down until Pete Dunne ran out for the save and they legged it.

Eddie is really one of my absolute favourites right now.  He’s great.  He’s fantastic with the infectious energy he brings as a babyface in PROGRESS, but he’s also completely brilliant as the self-absorbed, nasty, slightly daft heel champion (massively turning up the ‘Welshness’ in the process).

With ‘The Toolshed’ Benton Destruction out with the injured shoulder suffered last time, ‘The Unit’ Jim Diehard was joined in The Henchmen this time by ‘The Freak’ Rob Terry, who legitimately is a freak of a human being.  I have never seen anyone so LARGE in all my life.  Well, apart from the night before at FutureShock, but that was the same guy.  Their opponents were the newly-christened ‘Titans of Terror’ Scott Grimm and Big Grizzly, brought together by their love of crushing smaller men.  Diehard was really going for it, taking both big men over at the same time with a standing head-scissors then hitting a Shining Wizard a bit later.  Scott was heckled with the usual “GRIMMSHIT” while Grizzly was subject to teasing at his resemblance to Brian Blessed.  GORDON’S ALIVE!!  I’ve really grown to like Big Grizzly since he arrived in XXX – he’s a really good big man wrestler, making what he does have meaning and having plenty of charisma.  It was The Henchmen who came away with the win, though, as Diehard hit a spinebuster on Grizz.

So, the main event was the other half of ‘Pick Your Poison’ as Pete Dunne fought Doug Williams.  It looked like it was going to be a fair sporting contest, but then Doug turned nasty at the opening bell and then displayed underhand, rule-stretching tactics throughout.  This gave the match an edge that it would otherwise have lacked and worked well in throwing the crowd support entirely behind Dunne, making him come across as the promotion’s top blue-eye.  What all this made for was a great match, Doug dominating most of the way but Pete taking his chances with flurries of offence.  And it was Dunne that picked up what you would have to call an upset win, scoring the 3-count with a surprise cradle.  This brought Eddie Dennis back out, and Doug & Eddie beat down Pete after until Damo returned to make the save, ending the show with the Dunnes looking strong in the ring.

And that was that.  As I opened by saying, another very strong show from Team XXX and a supremely entertaining night.  There’s a good vibe coming off the shows at the moment.  No return date was announced, but I’m hoping they get at least one more in before the end of the year since this really was the type of show that left you looking forward to the next one.  I don’t know when Pete Dunne is supposed to receive his title shot, but there is at least mileage in a Pete Dunne & Damien Dunne vs. some kind of Dennis/Gideon/Williams tag before that, or even a good old wrestling CONTRACT SIGNING, since they have done a super job of making the eventual championship match seem important.

The SummerSlam afterparty took place in Carter’s, which is the former Mortimer’s reopened as a freezing cold, unwelcoming, cavernous Sports Bar.  Really enjoyed the PPV (and didn’t even have to pay $9.99), even though they didn’t have audio for the first 10-15 minutes because a DJ was playing and there were a number of drunk, loud-mouth knobs in attendance (spouting such ‘hilarious LAD banter’ as “LICK HER FANNY” “RUB HER CLIT” during women’s matches)...

• Paid Members

Great, great write up. This was my first Triple X show and it suprassed all the hype that it's gotten. It's got an atmosphere akin to that of Fight Club:Pro which i duly approve of. Bates/Maloney vs The Hunters, Bird vs Morgan and Gideon vs Dunne were my personal highlights, but the entire card was cracking and every performer worked hard. Most importantly, my friends loved it so we'll definately be back again.

Carter's wasn't too bad. I usually watch PPV's at pubs so this was my first experience doing it a sports bar. Loved the pre-show UFC although the music definately needs to go. All in all, fantastic night.

• Paid Members

Thanks for the kind reviews guy, I'm glad you had a good night

King of the Royal SummerMania Series highlight video

and perhaps the darkest interview we've ever had at Triple X from Flash Morgan Webster

Promo from the Triple X Heavyweight Champ Eddie Dennis

Backstage interview with 'The Freak' Rob Terry

If you liked these videos please SUBSCRIBE to TripleXWrestlingTV for more regularly updated content.

We've got a date lined up for the next show and we'll be announcing very soon, so keep your eyes peeled!

• Paid Members

Just to update people on the DVD situation, we do FINALLY have a couple of new titles ready to release which will be available on our website within the next few weeks, and will be available to stream on demand from SmartMarkVideo shortly after.
The two title's that are ready to go are our previous 2 summer blockbusters 'Fatal Fuckin' Four Way' and 'Club M In The Face!', with 'The Only Way Is SQ', 'Clusterfuck III', 'WrestleCunts', 'Kick Him In The Face!', 'King of The Royal SummerMania Series', and a Low Ki shoot interview DVD all currently in the works and hopefully available before be end of the year.
We'd like to apologise for the massive delay in the release of these DVDs, but to make up for it we've pulled out all the stops and included build up videos, entrance vids, post match promos, backstage interviews, and all sorts of other good shit. Even we were surprised by how much it makes us look like a proper wrestling promotion!

To whet your appetites for these I thought I'd remind you of the cards, and give you an example of the production quality

clubmintheface_zpsa4c6f0d3.jpg

TXW Title: Devilman vs Majik ©
XXXtreme Rules: Wild Boar vs Sabu
The Henchmen vs Adam Shame & Grado
Money In The Wank Bank Match feat. Michelle Thorne: Chris Stone vs Stefan Hard vs Scott Grimm vs Local Jobber #2 vs 'Fanboy' Andy Krae' vs Terry Seddon vs ???
Tyler Bate vs 'White Lightning' Mark Andrews
The Hunter Brothers vs The Zero1: Hong-Kong Boyz
Damian Dunne vs Big Grizzly

fatal_zps52160404.jpg

TXW Title Four Way: Prince Devitt vs Jimmy Havoc vs Adam Shame vs Zack Sabre Jr. ©
Two On One Handicap: Terry Seddon & Omer Ibrahim vs The Wrestling Dead
eXodus defeats Scott Grimm
NXXXT Match: Bob Wankstain vs. Damon McFucknuggets
'White Lightning' Mark Andrews vs Jonathan Gresham
The Dunne Bros vs The Henchmen
Rockstar Spud vs Grado (fucking dream match right there!)

So yeah, keep your eyes peeled for these!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Wonder if I can pull off PROGRESS => TXW and then stay up for the Rumble like this year

Might try that one myself in January. Already missing the November THIS IS PROGRESS due to the PCW weekend, so wouldn't want to miss the next one too, but really can't miss XXX.

I also note WrestleCunts isn't on WrestleMania night, so the clash with PCW's rumble show that night that i'd feared is avoided.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

triplex999_zps1f3819d4.jpg

The follow up to our hugely successful event in August, we return to Club M on November 9th for another night of Sublime Chaos - and we're slashing our ticket prices to just £9.99! See the fallout of the Pick your Poison. Will Eddie Dennis finally meet Pete Dunne face to face? Will Morgan Webster finally get what's coming to him? Will we ever find out Local Jobber's name? Will we see yet more of Dave Mercy's white bits? We simply don't know! One thing we do know is that it will cost just NINE NINETY NINE!

DunnesvsEddieGideon_zps1426ec6a.jpg

Main Event: The Dunne Bros. vs Eddie Dennis & Gideon

Your main event for November 9th! Anyone who saw our August event will need no explanation here (http://youtu.be/90WKqzYi3Vw &http://youtu.be/0rvgBS60roY). Eddie Dennis has a date with Pete Dunne on the way but no until after Dennis unleashes his secret weapon in the shape of mean mo'fo Gideon. Eddie's sicknote has long expired so he will see action on November 9th as he teams with his new heavy to take on Damian and his number one contender brother Pete Dunne, fresh off a fine showing in Chikara's prestigious King of Trios tournament. Check out The Indy Corner this Wednesday for your next announcement and look out for tickets on sale soon - for just £9.99!!!

BrookesvsBate_zps15e364f1.jpg

Chris Brookes vs Tyler Bate

At the last show we saw Tyler Bate finally stand up to his so called best friend Chris Brookes after Brooks demanded he shave off his signature Moustache™(Watch here: http://youtu.be/mr0SqgD_0TY ). Rather than taking the sensible route and trying to help them repair this broken friendship we've decided to exploit the hell out of it and book them in a match against each other, because this is wrestling and that's generally how these sort of things work. Remember, tickets are available for ONLY £9.99!

jim_zpsfbc8ed8b.jpg

Flash Morgan Webster vs 'The Unit' Jim Diehard

Flash Morgan Webster has not learned anything about respect from his peers, his friends, or even his mentor... Well now let's try a pissed off veteran! 'The Unit' Jim Diehard is old school as fuck and sick of Webster's attitude. So let's have it! Diehard vs Morgan Webster on November 9th! And it's only £9.99!

mercyradclaw_zps36a62b7c.jpg

'Sleazy Bastard' Dave Mercy vs Sebastian Radclaw

Dave Mercy has successfully grossed out every member of the Triple X roster enough that noone wants to touch him. Well we know a guy who LOVES making friends! Making only his second Triple X appearance, Sebastian Radclaw has been making a big impression all around the UK in recent times and is SUPER excited to meet the sleaziest man in wrestling. Creepy meets Crazy. November 9th for only £9.99!

NOVposter21_zps7f8dc78d.jpg

Tickets for Only 9.99! are only, you guessed it, £9.99! so grab yours today from http://www.triplexwrestling.bigcartel.com/!

http://www.facebook.com/TripleXWrestling

http://www.twitter.com/xXxwrestling
http://www.youtube.com/TripleXWrestlingTV

• Paid Members

FREE FULL MATCH! DOUG WILLIAMS vs PETE DUNNE

To hype the next show and shit at Club M in Coventry on November 9th (tickets only £9.99!) we're giving away a whole FREE MATCH, and we've gone and fucked ourselves over on DVD sales by giving you this amazing main event from August's King of the Royal SummerMania Series!

That's right, you'll get to enjoy the first ever meeting between British legend DOUG WILLIAMS, and one of the top wrestlers in the country right now, 'Dynamite' PETE DUNNE, complete with LIVE COMMENTARY from Triple X champ EDDIE DENNIS

This really is a true British dream match, and it's COMPLETELY FREE! All we ask is that you share the hell out of it and help us get the word out about the show on November 9th at Club M.

Remember, tickets for Triple X Wrestling: Only 9.99! are ONLY £9.99!!!! and are available from http://www.triplexwrestling.bigcartel.com.

Archived