Triple X Wrestling: THE THREAD! Next show Jan 25th

Quentin

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I booked tickets to this in June and have stupidly only just realised that they haven't arrived. Are they on their way or do I pick them up at the door? I paid via Paypal so I've got a receipt and stuff if required.

It's usually just a list of prepaid names on the door - you don't get a physical 'ticket'. Everyone gets a stamp on the hand on the way in.

• Paid Members
I booked tickets to this in June and have stupidly only just realised that they haven't arrived. Are they on their way or do I pick them up at the door? I paid via Paypal so I've got a receipt and stuff if required.

As Benny said, we don't send out tickets. Just bring either your order confirmation or some ID matching the name the order was made it and you'll get stamped at the door.

The best wrestling show of this weekend:

Big Grizzly beat Damien Dunne via a sitdown powerbomb

The Hunters beat Zero1 Hong Kong with a hold on the tights

Mark Andrews beat Tyler Bate with a Code Red

Money in the Wank Bank Match - Winner gets a date with Michelle Throne. A gauntlet style match featuring Sensational Stephen, Zombie Chris Stone, Scott Grimm, Local Jobber #2, 'Fan Boy' Andy Krae, Terry Seldon. Winner Terry via pinfall on the Zombie Army

The Henchmen beat Adam Shame & Grado after a gut wrench powerbomb on Grado

Sabu beat Wild Boar with an Arabian facebuster

Devilman beat Majik to become NEW Triple X Wrestling Champion! :thumbsup:

Had a great time at my first TripleX event. The venue was brilliant, cheap drinks and a banging sound system. Shame it's a tad low but it didn't knock any enjoyment at all. My favourite part of the night had to be the Money In The Wank Bank match, some comedy gold in this. If it ever makes Youtube, check that shit out. Jobber got a massive reaction! Really enjoyed the tag with the Henchmen and Grado, very entertaining. My only gripe with the show is that i cant understand who thought those tables would be a good idea. Although, it was half expected. For some reason British feds love to use the worst looking "tables" of all time. Sabu seemed pissed. Oh and the ring announcer is sensational. He added to the show x100.

• Paid Members

I preferred the old venue set up myself, it had a gritty charm and warmth. And seats. The low ceiling felt like a dampener to me too to be honest and I can see it holding things back a bit. The good thing was the drinks were cheap and TXW is less of a show and more of a weekend break for me.

Solid show, enjoyable but nothing felt outstanding and I didn't think it was as good as some of the other TXW shows I've been to. I had a great time thanks to the drink & weekend break which makes these stand out as something different.

The opener was fun enough, some good flashes and an enjoyable time was had. On a side I'm not a fan of Big Grizzly's gear, random clumps of fur just isn't a good look to me.

Andrews Vs Bate and the Hunters tag were both fun.

The Henchmen Vs Shame and Grado was great fun and all 4 were just a blast. Has Shame lost weight or have I mixed him up with some one else in my spastic brain? The gauntlet was fun too, although I thought the bloke next to me was going to spaff his pants he was so desperate to get close up photo after close up photo of Tits McGee. If ever a man needed to get shagged it was him.

The best thing about the show was Sabu being there, because its fucking Sabu. So why were the "tables" so shit. Really, really shit. Having Sabu there and two of the limpest "tables" known to man was a bit of a shame to be honest.

Still every one went ape shit for Sabu and it was fun. Not as good as Sabu Vs Jimmy on Friday as Southside but still great fun.

The main was very meh, neither could follow Sabu to me and I just don't really "get" Majik or Devilman so I trailed off for the most part. The DVD on the apron looked fucking brutal though.

Star of the show was the old bloke on crutches hurling abuse at Grey.

• Paid Members

Gimmick tables are really expensive. TXW made their own, and B&Q apparently delivered the stuff to them really late (IE Sunday morning). I'm not one to just constantly jump to the defence of Britwres people I know, but tables are a serious pain in the arse unless you have money to burn.

Anyway, great show, as expected. Far too tired to go into depth right now, but might do later.

• Paid Members

We take full responsibility for the table fuck up. The venue were supposed to be sorting tables but I guess they cost more than they were willing to spend. We were let down by two different places and nearly ended up with nothing at all. We managed to source the parts at the last minute (although Chuck is half right. B&Q were supposed to deliver Saturday then changed it to Monday. We had to arrange to pick stuff up Sunday afternoon ourselves) and had to put the whole lot together at the venue.

Sabu was incredibly concerned he had let you guys down and no question, we are responsible for that. No excuses being made. Ourselves and Sabu were probably more gutted than most of the fans going by the feedback we've had. Luckily, Sabu was cheered up by Michelle being around backstage and conversations were had about him coming back next year.

Sorry again guys.

Archived